Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Color prix-fixe dining package - Information and Experiences

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

World of Color prix-fixe dining package - Information and Experiences

I just received details of the World of Color fixed-price dining packages for Ariel's Grotto and Wine Country Trattoria. The following is the result of my typing furiously while the Disney Dine Line person read her notes over the phone, so please double check all information with Disney Dining before you make any non-refundable plans.

[Update: I've added some additional menu details, including the descriptions of the Ariel's Grotto items that are currently served on the existing restaurant's menu. Since Wine Country Trattoria has yet to reopen, we'll know later if the menu items listed are also on the standard menu.]

Reservations are being accepted NOW. 714-781-DINE. Reservations can be made 60 days in advance.

Two restaurants are participating in this fixed price dining plan. You choose the restaurant and the show, and they'll give you a window of time in which to make your dining reservation. Once you've eaten, you'll receive a voucher for each member of your party for a seat in the "preferred reserved SEATING viewing area" for World of Color. Seats space is not assigned; like the Fantasmic reserved seating it's first come, first served (so I'd get the earliest dinner seating so I could go get in line after dinner and get the best seats) spot. Cast members do not know where the "preferred reserved seating viewing area" is at this time, nor could they tell me the per-show capacity.

[Update: Cast members are now telling callers that the World of Color package includes admission to a "preferred viewing area," NOT seating as was originally stated. CMs still do not know where the viewing area is, and are unclear about how the vouchers will be distributed. CMs are telling callers that viewing is "not guaranteed," and that it is first-come, first-serve, so you should still expect to stand in a line to get into the reserved viewing area.]

[Update 6/2: MousePlanet has confirmed that the prix-fixe meal package includes admission to the World of Color "preferred reserved viewing area." Disney Dine Line CMs should have an updated script for future reservations]

Ariel's Grotto
    Seating 1 (1st show) 5-7
    Seating 2 (2nd show) 7-8:30
    Starting at $29.99 per adult
    $15.99 per child, ages 3-9
    Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.
    [Note: The Ariel's Grotto offering is NOT a character meal, and there will be no Disney Princesses on hand.]

Menu:

• Shared Antipasti Tower for the table (your choice of roasted vegetables and salad or meat and cheese)
    • Choice of one entree:
      • Mafalde Pasta with Italian Sausage - Curly ribbons of pasta tossed in a Piemonte-style ragu with spicy Italian sausage, sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions.
      • Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast - Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Santa Maria-style Tri-tip - Slow roasted over rock salt and smoked with red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Filet of Redfish - Grilled Redfish served over wild rice pilaf, delicately topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney. Served with a medley of seasonal vegetables.
      • Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti - Topped with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, julienne onions and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth.
      • Cioppino - A fragrant bowl of the ocean's finest, including lobster claw, pink scalllops, redfish, green-lip mussels and shrimp, plus Bilbao chorizo bathed in a robust fire-roasted tomato broth.

• A shared dessert platter of Seahorse Lava Cake, Chocolate-Chip Strips, Cheesecake Tarts with Raspberries, S'more Chocolate Bites and a White Chocolate Conch Shell with Garden-fresh Berries.

Wine Country Trattoria
    Seating 1 (1st show) 4-6:30
    Seating 2 (2nd show) 6-8:30 )
    $39.99 per adult
    $18.99 per child, ages 3-9
    Ages 2 and under do not need to pay, but must sit on a parent's lap - they will not receive a seating voucher.

Menu:

• Starter salad.
    • Choice of entree
      • Grilled fish (I didn't catch the preparation for this one)
      • Herb roasted chicken breast w/ pasta
      • Seafood pasta with shrimp and scallops
      • Lamb shank w/ polenta
      • NY strip loin with Gorgonzola mashed potatoes

• Choice of dessert, options include tiramisu, chocolate crunch tart and fresh seasonal berries with balsamic reduction

[Update: All AP discounts apply at the standard rate, as do CM discounts.]
    Last edited by AVP; 07-15-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Updated with additional menu & discount details; standing area
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Holy cow it's under $40 per person?!?! I can afford that!!! Yay!!! That dinner menu is making me hungry too!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

AVP, are they doing these 60 days out like normal PS/Reservations or 30 days out like Fantasmic tickets?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    AVP, are they doing these 60 days out like normal PS/Reservations or 30 days out like Fantasmic tickets?
    I have the same question.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    I have the same question.
    They told me 60 days, since it's Disney Dining and not the tours office.

I'd call and book now.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

Booked at the Trattoria for 5:00 on June 26. They DID NOT request a credit card. I asked if this was correct since it is not the process they use for Fantasmic and she said they don't "take money" over the Disney Dining line; you pay at the restaurant and get your ticket for WOC there. (Technically, I suppose this is correct, since I believe it's another phone line for Fantasmic, plus that annoying additional check-in process for tickets before entering the park.) In this case you just proceed directly to the restaurant.

I asked again and made the comparison to Fantasmic and the CM went through the process again saying no. Just to call back if I needed to cancel.

Thanks AVP!

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries

Oh, I would assume the 60 days, since I was clearly connected to Disney Dining.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Why is this cheaper than Fantasmic! ? This is a whole dinner with reserved seating, and F! is just dessert with reserved seating.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Just booked a party of 15 for the 7:10 seating at Wine Country Trattoria on July 17th. This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Can we use our AP discounts for the meal?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

Yea!! Got it for June 30th 5pm seating at Ariels...So cool can't wait to see the show!! You can make them as early as 60 days out too....Thanks for the info...

Summer trip here I come!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandgirl View Post
    Why is this cheaper than Fantasmic! ? This is a whole dinner with reserved seating, and F! is just dessert with reserved seating.
    Because there are a lot more seats available than Fantasmic? Because of limited availability they can and do charge more for it? Because it's not an assigned seat, as AVP mentioned? (Which could make it akin to the not always advantageous dinner/Fantasmic packages at WDW, which don't always get you that great of a seat or that much less of a wait.)

You can always wait and see what others say about it before you buy. It's not like WOC is going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Can we use our AP discounts for the meal?
    Good question!! Anyone?
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

YEA! When I get 60 days out of our fall trip I'll book for sure! Ariel's sounds like a better menu for my group!! Do we get princesses too?

So very cool! Plus I'm MAKING sure I get upper level park view next PPH booking for sure!

MS...please make sure to remind me too. You know how I forget things!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Good question!! Anyone?
    I'll let you know when I get off hold - suddenly they are "experiencing high call volume." (When I called to make my reservation the woman on the phone said "what do you mean the menu is already posted online? We just got it!") I warned her that their phones were going to light up in a few minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    Ariel's sounds like a better menu for my group!! Do we get princesses too?
    No - it's not a character meal, and the CMs are very clear that there will be NO Princesses.

Yeah.. I was on hold for a while with Disney Dining but booked for June 20th!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Will be interested to know if we get AP discount - that would be icing on the cake!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

All AP discounts apply at the standard rate, as do CM discounts.

Thank you so much for finding all of this out!
    I'm currently on hold for July 12th
    Should be a good birthday surprise for dear fiance

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    All AP discounts apply at the standard rate, as do CM discounts.
    That is great news!!

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining. We booked a 6:30 seating at the Wine Country Trattoria for the 2nd showing of WOC for a party of 5. I was told that the seating for the first showing is 4-6:30 (he may have said 4:30 but it definitely started with a 4 ) and the seating for the second showing begins at 6:30, not 7. Has anyone else received this info?

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Because there are a lot more seats available than Fantasmic? Because of limited availability they can and do charge more for it? Because it's not an assigned seat, as AVP mentioned? (Which could make it akin to the not always advantageous dinner/Fantasmic packages at WDW, which don't always get you that great of a seat or that much less of a wait.)

You can always wait and see what others say about it before you buy. It's not like WOC is going anywhere soon.
    How many seats are there? I haven't been to DL since December, so I haven't seen it all finished yet. I think it GREAT that it's more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland addict13 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Disney Dining. We booked a 6:30 seating at the Wine Country Trattoria for the 2nd showing of WOC for a party of 5. I was told that the seating for the first showing is 4-6:30 (he may have said 4:30 but it definitely started with a 4 ) and the seating for the second showing begins at 6:30, not 7. Has anyone else received this info?
    No - I have 6:30 ressies on June 20th and was told my WoC tickets would be for the first show at 9 pm. The info released on the Disney Food blog really don't clear it up - it shows 4 - 6:30 for first show and then 6:30 - 8 for the second show:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...ges-announced/

I called back to get a little more information and was told that some people seated at 6:30 will receive tickets for the 1st showing, while others will receive tickets for the 2nd showing, based on what you indicated in your reservation. She told us to make sure that we mention that we have reservations for the second show when we go to dinner.

She also confirmed that the times for each restaurant are as follows:
    Ariels: 1st show - 5-7, 2nd show - 7-8:30
    Wine Country: 1st show - 4-6:30, 2nd show - 6:30-8

Our reservations are for June 29th at 6:30.

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Need advice from mouseplanet peeps

We are visiting DLR June 5-11, so we're missing the official WOC shows. However, I know that there's a special showing on Tuesday June 8. SO, here's what I did. I made reservations for all 8 people in my party at Ariels Grotto at 7pm(that's the latest they would take us) on June 8. Do you think we can sit there for the show? What time do you think the special showing is happening? I'm praying tonight for a small miracle.

Carlos

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

Ok sorry for this I probably should know but what are the tentative times for the WOC shows?? If we eat at 5pm then will we go get seats right after that then wait till it starts I guess since it is first come first serve..I am just wondering if we will be rushing to get through dinner. Thanks

Summer trip here I come!!!