Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Gift Cards and Your Onboard Account

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disney Gift Cards and Your Onboard Account

Hey there!
    I'm trying to find out if you can use a Disney Gift Card to add money to your onboard account. TIA.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Hey there!
    I'm trying to find out if you can use a Disney Gift Card to add money to your onboard account. TIA.
    Yep, absolutely I stock pile my Disney GCs for cruises and then add my Disney Visa Rewards to the onboard account also.
    On our last cruise, I had a $350 port upgrade charge, a $235 Dooney purse and all our other purchases (t-shirts, gifts for kids, etc) and alcoholic drinks on our account but was able to knock the total bill down to about $200 when we got off the ship thanks to our gift cards and rewards $$.

That was my least expensive final bill yet, LOL.

Oh, a hint for you though. They will run your credit card when your account gets to $500 so you may want to apply the gift cards early in the cruise. Also, if you don't prepay your tips, those will automatically be charged to your account too (putting it over $500 very quickly).
    They will go back and apply the gift cards and reverse the charge to your CC if needed, but it is easier to just apply the gift cards first.
    And hold on the the cards once they are applied. If there is any left over money on your account (never happened to me, but you never know, LOL), they will refund it back to the original form of payment. So you will need that gift card.

Hope that helps!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries

Thanks, Patti!
    We're budgeting for that now. I do think we'll prepay our tips, there's really no reason not to. So, we'll figure that amount, plus our excursions that I've reserved and give the boys a souvenir allowance. We'll have to take a wild guess on our bar bill.

I do think we'll prepay our tips, there's really no reason not to.
    It's nice to know it's already taken care of... plus you can always add to your tips with Cash if you get awesome service! (We have learned to take extra cash, because this almost always happens).
    The king and his men, stole the queen from her bed and bound her in her Bones. The seas be ours and by the powers where we will, we'll roam.

Sorry to interrupt your thread, but maybe you guys would know. I want to surprise my niece and her family with a nice little Bon Voyage fruit basket, but it says I need her booking ID and Stateroom. I want to surprise them, so how do I get around this without asking for that information? If I call in to order, can they find that information by just giving their name? Thanks!

Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries

Disney Gift Cards and Your Onboard Account

I'm guessing they could find out for you. I've had things delivered to WDW resorts and DLR hotels for friends/family when I didn't have any of their reservation information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Sorry to interrupt your thread, but maybe you guys would know. I want to surprise my niece and her family with a nice little Bon Voyage fruit basket, but it says I need her booking ID and Stateroom. I want to surprise them, so how do I get around this without asking for that information? If I call in to order, can they find that information by just giving their name? Thanks!
    This is a definite YES. Hannahbelle surprised us and the boys with goodies in our stateroom! Both items were very VERY cute. The boys got a plush cruise ship that, when you unzipped it, there was a "hull" full of characters. She also left photo frames in an adorable gift box for DH and I.

This is a definite YES. Hannahbelle surprised us and the boys with goodies in our stateroom! Both items were very VERY cute. The boys got a plush cruise ship that, when you unzipped it, there was a "hull" full of characters. She also left photo frames in an adorable gift box for DH and I.
    How sweet is that? I never did it.
    Siggy aka Jill