Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tower of Terror Seatbelt Fail?

Quote Originally Posted by bombardon3 View Post
    Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if they still post fake pictures at the exit to Space Mountain? Like the ones where there's aliens in the picture. This topic made me think of that for some reason.
    Possibly Youtube.

2. # ADS

Just call me Sara~! lovindisneyland's Avatar

OMG!! that dude must be counting his stars by now that he didn't get seriously hurt or hurt someone else!! and that is the most stupidest thing i have ever seen, people man!PEOPLE!! they just don't think !!

i am glad however that no one around him got hurt!

I MOUSEPLANET

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It looks to me like the car was stopped while the pic was taken, and the guy raised himself up and was hanging off of the rafters, to make it look like a weightless thing. Dumb - really really dumb.
    *DING!* We have a winner! That's exactly what he's doing from what I can see. Used to work the ToT years ago in WDW and you aren't dropping when the pic is taken. This pic was taken from the photo preview just when you exit the ride; the posted photo I mean. It'd be hard to do as there isn't much to hang on to up there. Besides you can't float that high during the drop, trust me.

And yes we have cameras on you for the drop zone area and watch you like hawks. Although we had lap bars and not seat belts at WDW. People would try to crawl from under them fairly often though, and they were were very easy to check. Even then I'd get kids only pulling them down 2 inches.

These guys are not the sharpest crayons in the box....

This has to be sooooo fake. Its not even dropping when the picture is taken. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the picture taken in the middle of the shake sequence right before the drop? Good photoshop though.

I don't even think it's Photoshop. It's just a bunch of guys who rehearsed and pulled off a stunt. The guy "floating" is simply hanging off of the rafters of the cage.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

First of all, it is a prank and it has everyone here talking, with that said, all I know is I think it's a great prank photoshop or not.

Headless Chicken

IMHO, not Photoshopped (I checked the lighting and drop shadow transparency, and it's spot on), but definitely holding himself up from the top, due to the physical evidence around him.

But, still stupid, especially because it encourages others to be just as stupid (or more-so) for 5 minutes of idiot fame.

First 5K - Neverland - January 19th, 2013
    First Half Marathon - TinkerBell - January 19th, 2014

It's amazing what is possible in just one year.

It is fake. Did you see Mythbusters test the Youtube video when the man goes down the waterslide into the wading pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    IMHO, not Photoshopped (I checked the lighting and drop shadow transparency, and it's spot on), but definitely holding himself up from the top, due to the physical evidence around him.

But, still stupid, especially because it encourages others to be just as stupid (or more-so) for 5 minutes of idiot fame.
    I love this place. Where else could you find phrases like "drop shadow transparency" in a non-technical site. Love it!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.