Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Restaurant Menus / Nutritional info?

Restaurant Menus / Nutritional info?

I remember when I was planning our WDW trip a couple years ago, I found a site that listed all the menus for all the restaurants on site and was wondering if there is a place I can find this info for the DL area? Also, does anyone know if I can find the nutritional values on the menu? I'm going to try to stick to my healthy eating while down there as much as possible. Thanks!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by eyeorelover View Post
    I remember when I was planning our WDW trip a couple years ago, I found a site that listed all the menus for all the restaurants on site and was wondering if there is a place I can find this info for the DL area? Also, does anyone know if I can find the nutritional values on the menu? I'm going to try to stick to my healthy eating while down there as much as possible. Thanks!
    Try this. Not sure if there are nutritional values but it shows the menus.

http://allears.net/dlr/din/dining.htm
    Siggy aka Jill

That's what I was thinking of but just couldn't find - thanks!

If anyone does know a place with nutritional info -I'd love that too - but this does help!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MousePlanet also has extensive menu listings.

There isn't a lot of nutritional information 'out there' on the Disney menus, though.

But there have been lots of threads about eating healthier at DL - with some different variations on that depending on the issue someone was trying to address.

Cathy

Blog Entries

We have this recent thread about dieting: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...highlight=diet.

Also this thread about eating for diabetics (and a few other sundry items thrown in) http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...highlight=diet.

As taekwondo said, I think you'll do better if you know what "healthy" food is (and isn't) than by trying to read every menu. In my experience, drinking a lot of water, managing my portion control, and deciding what "special" food(s) are worth my calories are really all I think about. That and I walk as much as possible.

If you know how to "read" a menu, you should do pretty well at DLR, even though it doesn't offer quite the same level of information as WDW.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And of course, don't be afraid to ask for something to be prepared how YOU want it. They can't always comply (especially at a restaurant that they're woking on the kitchen) but even at one of those (Cafe Orleans) they were able to give my 11 year old nephew a non-blackened chicken breast on his ceasar salad. Blackening is probably only a health issue for someone watching sodium, but being able to get the chicken without it was important for his being able to eat his lunch!

Cathy

Thanks again everyone. I do tend to know what's healthier than not but I was just wondering if there were any really good - but not quite as common knowledge options out there I should try. But I'll play it by ear and see how I do. Lots of walking and lots of water are already on the agenda and I will just pick the best I can wherever we end up eating each day. Thanks!

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

I like to bring my own snacks, that way I know that I have a healthy choice when I need something right at that moment. If I have to search for something I'm more apt to just give in and grab what's close. I carry nuts, granola bars (yes I know not the healthiest but a 100 granola bar is easy to transport and not horrible in the big view), and apple slices. There are healthy snack choices in the parks though, several of the outdoor vending carts have fruit (I love getting grapes!) and veggie packs. There is also a toddler snack pack out there that has string cheese, yogurt, and goldfish crackers in it.
    As for sit down meals, I tend to share the "bad" things so that I can satisfy some cravings (I am on vacation after all!) and then eat a salad or another healthy snack to round my meal out.

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    We have this recent thread about dieting: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...highlight=diet.

Also this thread about eating for diabetics (and a few other sundry items thrown in) http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/show...highlight=diet.

As taekwondo said, I think you'll do better if you know what "healthy" food is (and isn't) than by trying to read every menu. In my experience, drinking a lot of water, managing my portion control, and deciding what "special" food(s) are worth my calories are really all I think about. That and I walk as much as possible.

If you know how to "read" a menu, you should do pretty well at DLR, even though it doesn't offer quite the same level of information as WDW.
    This was a great link - thanks for all the help!

I've seen oatmeal on several Disney breakfast menus. I love oatmeal and it is a pretty healthy breakfast (on occasion). I was happy to see it so many places.

I got a great fruit plate at the Hoff Brau house in Fantasyland. It is open for breakfast while Tomorrowland Terrace is closed. I hope it stays open. I lurved that fruit plate!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeorelover View Post
    You can also check out this article on Dieting at Disneyland. It's still applicable even though it's a little old.

Disneyland does not have nutritional information on their menus so you'll have to do the figuring on your own based on ingredients.

The dining guide pages at MousePlanet have menus also. http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/1/Disneyland

Good luck and have a good trip!