Disneyland Paris April 2010

A small bit of Disney magic to keep us going until WDW in November

me - 41 (7 times WDW, 5 DLP, 1 DL)
    James - 35 (37 times WDW, 19 DLP, 5 DL)

April 26th-28th 2010

taxi, train, tube, train

Hotel Cheyenne

Day 1
    Monday morning up nice and early, cat fed and given lots of fuss as we won't see him for a couple of days then taxi to our local station. Its takes 20 minutes to London Paddington then we take the underground to King Cross. After a quick bite to eat we are on the Eurostar train to Lille, France. You can get a train straight through to DLP but prices were much higher so we took the non direct train.Time to stretch our legs in Lille then on the train to DLP there are always guards on the platforms who check you are getting onto the right train and train numbers are printed on tickets and on all train carriages. Upstairs seats whoop whoop (we dont have them in the uk). Off the train onto the bus to hotel although it is walking distance there was a bus in waiting only a 5 minute ride too.

Hotel Cheyenne is the 2nd cheapest of the DLP hotels but I love it all styled like the old wild west. Check in wasn't to long a wait, park tickets are issued to you here. We were in 'Doc Holiday' further away from reception but closer to the park. One double bed, One set of bunk beds, cowboy boot wallpaper, cowboy boot lamp, check curtains and a lasoo around mirror. we literally threw our bags in the room and set off to the park about a 15 minute walk through Disney village. (Earl of Sandwich coming there 2011)

Disneyland Park to start with. Now i'll know for my next report to take notes of what rides we did each day because the days all jumble into one once you get back to reality! This is what i think we achieved on first afternoon, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (not like DL ride) its a small coaster where you sit in twos, in mine carts it used to run backwards but now its forwards no idea why! Peter Pans Flight, Space Mountain Mission 2 (indoor coaster like WDW but not as good, I always feel like my brain has been shaken in my head when I get off). Big Thunder Mountain was down for routine maintenence which we were told when we booked. Interesting fact for you who havent ventured to DLP is that the main part of ride is on an island in the lake so when you leave the station you head under the lake in a tunnel and emerge on the island. We were getting quite tired now due to the early start. As we wandered back to our hotel be made a reservation for the hotel New York Buffet, James is a vegetarian and always does better for food at them. We were back an hour later after a wash and brush up for a very good buffet 26 euros each i think, salads meat fish and veggie dishes and plenty of desserts. We also treated ourselves to a nice bottle of wine too. By about 9 we were falling asleep so it was off to bed.

Day 2
    When you check in you reserve a breakfast time they are in half hour slots ours was 815 to 845 the sun was shining although a bit chilly but my cropped trousers and sandles were on (first time this year). Breakfast is included with the packages you buy in the UK as are park hopper tickets valid for your entire stay. Breakfast is continental and a bit crazy lots of school children! There are fresh bread rolls, cheeses, ham, croissants, pain au chocolat, toast and cereal, juice tea and coffee plenty to keep you going till lunch. Still extra magic hours so we got an early go on Buzz Light Year Laser Blast one of my favourite rides. Targets are different shapes here and different shapes earn different amount of points, you also hold the gun in your hand rather than it being fixed to the car. Peter pan again then we waited in line for Autopia this always opens slightly later and always has a huge queue we waited about 30 minutes but would be the shortest the line would be all day. We saw the 'train of characters' which runs up main streeet stops at the castle where the characters all get off and walk to specific locations for photo opportunities although its a bit like WWF with a character standing in the middle. I rarely try and get photos at DLP as its crazy and i know i can get all the shots i want at WDW. I did go head long into the scrum and get a picture with Remmy from Ratouille though, as he was a new one for me. We wandered to Disney Village for lunch at Annettes diner where the waitresses are on rollerskates and portions are huge and very good too. Off to Walt Disney studios park now we watched Cinemagique (bit like the great movie ride without the ride but an excellent show) TOT like DLs not WDWs, Stitch live interactive show a bit like the laugh floor and Armageddon special effects dispite being signs everywhere saying its loud and not suitable for young children they always get taken in and by the end with the smoke, fire, shaking and floor dropping they are probably traumatised for life. Back to Disneyland Park (about 5 minutes walk between the 2 turnstyles ) where we watched the new castle forecourt show. We were a bit late arriving so were round the back side of the stage its round so didnt really matter that much. But i did get great photos of the charachers waiting to go on and off the stage! By now it was quite warm and was glad of my summer attire on got a great photo of donald trying to work a water fountain backstage and woody pointing and laughing, the freak hot weather had taken characters by surprise too. It was almost parade time when the show finished and as people moved we got a bench!!! facing the castle!! no better place to watch a disney parade. James went on Star Tours for the last time it will be closed when we go to WDW in November, i'm not good on motion simulators so sat in sun and waited for his return. It's a small world after and then one and a half times round the park on the train (we wanted to end up at main street). Santa fe Hotel buffet that night which is the cheapest of the buffets 21 euros mexican themed and remarkably good. On the way back to the Cheyenne i fell up a flight of steps! i can fall over things that arent even there James got me up checked no real damage then mocked me about the splat sound i made for the rest of the trip (we love each other dearly)

Day 3
    Up early bags packed and left with luggage guys, room key handed in, breakfast and off to disneyland park. I'd managed to work out from the french weather channel that it was going to be 25' vest and shorts were on and i was sporting a large black bruise on my knee! Managed Buzz and Peter Pan then off to studios park to queue for Nemo ride again this like Autopia if you dont get on it first thing you have no hope. Indoor spinning coaster 2 seats face forward 2 back nice nemo effects interspersed with wizzing round in the dark not knowing wheres front or back. we were off ride 45 mins after joining the queue and then ran to Light Moteurs Action stunt show the same show as WDW but ive never seen the jetski bit here even though the water channel its there for it. Rock and Roller coaster its a different story here Aerosmith are building a coaster, why i dont know as they are a band! Coaster different too but still good. Lunch buffet at 'restaurant des stars' art deco themed and remy (the small chatty version rather than the big cuddly version) made an appearence. Animagique after luch a characher and puppet uv show which i love. Back to disneyland park where i got a photo with cowboy mickey (there was a queue line so i didnt have to get into another wrestling match. Pinochio and snow white rides both only had 5 minute queues so we rode these then it was parade time again another bench in Fantasyland this time. Then it was time to say good bye we wandered back to hotel changed into warmer clothes and waited for the bus to train station we were on a direct train on the way back full of tired children and helium mickey baloons 7.35pm from DLP gets to london at 9.15pm (france is an hour ahead) We got a taxi from london to windsor we were too tired and a bit sad to be back in uk and it doesnt work out that much more than the tube and train and then a taxi from staion home and is much quicker. Chester cat was waiting at the door for us (a friend had stayed and looked after him).

Now to start the planning for Animal Kingdom Kidani villa for 2 weeks in November!

2. # ADS

Thank you for your trip report. I really enjoyed how you compared rides to both WDW and DL, it helped me picture them in my head.

Good report!

Thank you for doing that, and not making me nag you! Sounds like you had fun, and your report took me back to our DLP trip last year. We never got chance to go on Crush's Coaster, the lines were always way too long!

I'm glad you had fun, I love the way DLP can give us a little taste of Disney in between trips to the US parks!

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)