Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Free dining plan question? [Dessert]

Free dining plan question? [Dessert]

If Disney offers free quick dining plans in February and I can see where you get a entree, drink and desert my question is, is the desert a pre-package one at the resorts coolers or could we use the desert part at the sundae station? I saw on Disneys own website the restaurants where you can use the quick service credits but wish they had a list of what qualifies instead of ordering and finding out what you ordered didnt qualify and your stuck paying for it.

2. # ADS

We were allowed to get ice cream for our dessert. We asked for one scoop and got five! They will also let you come back for your dessert after you have finished eating....so if you pick ice cream...no melting!

You asked for 1 scoop and they gave you 5?? Wow, that would be 10 scoops between hubby and I. OMG.. LOL After you used your 1 meal credit do they give you a receipt stating how many more you have left for the day or do you have to keep track of it in your head? And did you ever get anything and they said it's not on the plan and you had to pay for it yourself? Seems like you really have to know the free dining rules ahead of time and leaves to much of a guessing game for guests. When we went in April they had the free Disney credit card for $300.00 and told you what $ were left and very easy to keep track of. This free dining/credit plan seems like a pain in the butt to me.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When you use a certain type of credit (say a snack) your receipt will say how many snacks you have left. It won't say how many CS meals you have left, unless you just ordered a CS meal.

If you have any questions/concerns about what's included, there are a number of signs in the Pop Food Court area on items - plus there is usually a CM around stocking that you can ask.

Most other CS locations you order directly from a CM, so they can answer your questions/guide you through the ordering process to take advantage of your credits.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy, I was wondering about that as well. What if we ordered in the parks and you are right, you order face to face so I would ask what is included and what is not.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

The only time I ordered something that was not included was at the Bakery in France. I thought it was going to be a snack credit, but it wasn't on the dining plan. I just paid for it. Everything is usually really well marked and most everything is included. The other biggie is the make your own treats at Goofy's in DTD are no longer included as snacks. POP is decently well marked and like Drince said, there are CM's around to ask.

I have also been denied when asking to substitute a water for a dessert at CS places. Sometimes they say yes, sometimes no- so I just ask and go with the flow.

It seems overwhelming, but after a day or so, it is pretty easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    After you used your 1 meal credit do they give you a receipt stating how many more you have left for the day or do you have to keep track of it in your head?
    Leslie - it can get confusing but here's what I have done with the DDP. I kept 3 peices of paper in my purse. One headed TS, one headed CS, one headed snacks. I created 4 columns (1 for each member of the family) and 14rows on each (1 for each day of the trip). Every time we used a credit I just put a tick under the name of the family member who used the credit and every day could see what we had left, each, out of a total of 14. It probably wasn't necessary to have a column each for the TS tally because we always had 1 TS each at the same time. It was hepful for keeping track of the CS though because we shared quite a bit and it was really helpful for the snacks because we used those totally randomly. I had a load of snack credits left our last night (can't remember exactly how many but I think nearly 30) and my tally sheet gave me to reminder to go spend them on chocolate bars in the hotel shop to take home.

I still have my receipts from 2008 so I'll check if they told me how many credits we had left at the end of each meal and post again when I've dug them out.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)