Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Help with Biergarten!

Help with Biergarten!

We are fervishly making our ADR's and want to try Biergarten again for the first time in 12 years! Does anyone know if the "show" or "band" that plays in constant throughout lunch and dinner service or does it start at a certain point in the day. Our CM was unable to offer a definitive answer. Hopefully someone has been lately and can answer for us?

2. # ADS

Go to the walt disney world resort website. Under the Parks drag down click on EPCOT. Then on the left of the EPCOT page click on Calendar. Then choose the month you are visiting and then click on the days you are considering. During my trip the first show is at 1:15 and then staggered rest of day. The link below is for the May Calendar. Good luck

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/calendar/

p.s. The actual showtimes may not be posted yet for your time of travel. Check out the May calendar if yours are not posted to get a feel for the schedule.

The show is called Oktoberfest Musikanten on the daily calendar. Again the daily calendar may not show times yet for your trip. I would make a reservation based on probability of a show and modify later if necessary. In the past I have seen the show start at 1:00 so I made reservations for 12:45 turns out the show starts at 1:15 during my upcoming trip which is fine as we like to enjoy a few steins and relax for a long lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by 528toI4 View Post
    The show is called Oktoberfest Musikanten on the daily calendar. Again the daily calendar may not show times yet for your trip. I would make a reservation based on probability of a show and modify later if necessary. In the past I have seen the show start at 1:00 so I made reservations for 12:45 turns out the show starts at 1:15 during my upcoming trip which is fine as we like to enjoy a few steins and relax for a long lunch.
    GREAT thanks for this I will check it out now!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkinparis View Post
    GREAT thanks for this I will check it out now!
    Your welcome. From what I remember the show is 30 or so minutes long.

Quote Originally Posted by 528toI4 View Post
    Thanks, you helped me too. I hadn't even thought about that till I read this post. I checked the calendar and found out they are playing at 1:15 when we are there, and our ADR was for noon. I was able to get it changed to 12:45. I'm so glad that you probably saved us from disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal View Post
    Thanks, you helped me too. I hadn't even thought about that till I read this post. I checked the calendar and found out they are playing at 1:15 when we are there, and our ADR was for noon. I was able to get it changed to 12:45. I'm so glad that you probably saved us from disappointment.
    Isn't MousePad great? I love to read it even when I don't have a trip planned and have learned so much helpful information. Plus, if you have a specifc question someone always knows the answer.

Update with our Biergarten reservation:

We moved our 12:00 to 12:45...thinking along the same lines of eating quietly before the show starts...My nephew thinks Hoop de Doo is the best thing since sliced bread so I am thinking he will also find the show entertaining...Does anyone know is it just music? dancing? do they interact with the audience?

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Yes on all three. There is music, dancing, and interaction with the audience. We had them sing happy anniversary to some friends of ours!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Quote Originally Posted by tdelaney_98 View Post
    Yes on all three. There is music, dancing, and interaction with the audience. We had them sing happy anniversary to some friends of ours!

GREAT!! I can't wait!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkinparis View Post
    Does anyone know is it just music? dancing? do they interact with the audience?
    I'll put this in a spoiler box, JUST in case... but regarding "interacting" and "dancing"...

Did you ever notice that the Chicken Dance is a polka?

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Epcot Biergarten show times?

We ate at the German Biergarten at Epcot many years ago and enjoyed the atmosphere and food, so we will be doing it again. Just wondered if anyone knows exactly what times the band performs? It seems like we missed it last time by arriving right at the tail end of their set. Do they perform every hour or what? This time we will make reservations based upon this show. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it is every hour - but the calendar view of the park hours on the WDW site is currently not working - and that's where you can see the entertainment, and I believe they are listed on that.

BUT

I just remembered this website: He lists the entertainment schedules for the current week, but for something like what you're interested in, it should be fairly consistent throughout the year.

Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
    Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
    Length of show: 25 minutes
    Seating based on restaurant availabilty.
    Cathy