Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Who is going when to the Halloween Party?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Who is going when to the Halloween Party?

There will 4 adults, a 6.5 year old and an almost 3 year old in our group going on Nov. 1.

We had hoped for Oct. 31, but the difference in price was drastic enough that it was decided not to do that date.

There was also no DVC discount for the 31st, was also a deciding factor. There was an advance purchase discount for the 1st.

Karin

2. # ADS

My DH and I will be there on October the 11th! This is our 1st. Do you have any tips for us?

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Make sure you check out the parade. I am not a Halloween lover or a parade lover, but this parade is AMAZING. The beginning rocks and the gravediggers are really cool. The whole atmosphere at MNSSHP is neat. I really, highly recommend the party. Have a great time!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

I second the idea of the parade from another non-parade lover. Make sure you get there at least 15 minutes early for a cool pre parade starter.

The best advice I got was pick a popular thing and be in line for it at 6:45. We did this and were first in line for Mickey. It started pouring so the moved us inside and we got Mickey and Minnie together by 7:05! Other popular things are Cinderella's carriage (which we never did get to due to the line), Snow White and the seven Dwarfs (although I read the didn't come out until 7:30 last year), free face painting and the Haunted Mansion picture.

The candy is the same at all the stops so there isn't really a need to hit all of them. It isn't the best candy anyway!

We did more rides than we thought we would due to the rain.

The Photopass people are everywhere so make sure to hit them up. Get their PP card and there will be a 40% off code on it.

Dress up! We had a load of fun with comments from other guests. Our avatar is from the party.

In past years you have been able to get in at 4:00 with your ticket. We did this and had a 5:00 dinner at the Plaza Inn (make ressies). This was perfect!

We tired out earlier than anticipated but in part that was the rain. It threw off our plan and added a lot of extra walking. So, I guess I would say, be flexible.

Our only disappointment was the merchandise. Last year they made all merchandise available starting at the first party instead of rationing it. I think they had 10ish pins available and by our party on Oct 13, there were only 4 kinds left and I got the last of the Tink pins- so then they were down to 3. We went to the store at like 7:45 so it wasn't just for that night. The CM said once they are out, they are out for the season. This was a bummer and I would hope they would ration it in the future so everyone gets a chance.

It was an awesome time and I would totally recommend it!

We bought our tickets Friday for Oct 21. This will be our first Halloween visit and we are excited. They said we could pick them up during our stay in less than a month. We cannot wait.

This all sounds GREAT! Looking forward to it!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

I'm aiming for 10/15.

We're going with a big group-- our Synagogue participated in Give a Day Get a Day together and now we've reserved a group rate at Coronado Springs for that weekend.

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW

I am going! It is our first trip to WDW and I am so excited! We already have tickets for the 19th.

My tickets were just delivered!

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

We'll be at WDW for Fall MouseAdventure and might go before or after. Undecided at this point. We've done it twice before and not sure if it's worth doing a third time.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

I am looking at 10/26 as it is my Birthday and Wedding Anniversary..what more fun could one have on that day lol

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

10/29 for Wenzel Clan

Long live HISTA and the DODGERS!!