Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Getting to and from Animal Kingdom Lodge

busses to parks from AKL

This hotel looks quite a way out on the map anyone remember how long busses take to get to each of the major parks. thanks

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other than AK, which Usually takes less than 10 mins from what I recall, it usually takes around 20 mins to each of the other parks, give or take a few minutes.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

We have stayed there several times, and even taken the bus to the resort to have dinner, when we were not staying there. Not counting the AK, which is close to the hotel, no bus ride to a park was significantly longer than any other ride from any other hotel. Keep in mind that the AKL does not share a bus route with any other hotel. We never budgeted more time to get to parks than we did from any other hotel (not counting any hotels that were close to the park, like walking to Epcot from the Beach Club, or getting to the MK from the Contemporary), and I did not notice that it ever took much longer. If it was longer, it would be by a very few minutes

ooh thats brilliant thanks for speedy responses, booked in to saratoga at the minute but hoping to switch to an animal kingdom villa at 7 month point as its one of the few places my other half hasn't stayed at. stayed at Boardwalk last year so were spoiled being able to walk 2 parks.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I used this bus a few times this weekend - once from Epcot and twice to Magic Kingdom, one back from MK. My roommates had told me to plan for 45 minutes total to wait for and get a bus to MK and then take the monorail or boat to Polynesian and that was about right. It was only about a 15 minute ride or so actually on the bus.

I wouldn't consider the longer ride a reason to not stay at AKL. Most of the time the service was rather prompt - but that was usually either in the morning or evening when they had a lot running. On Monday at 12:30 the bus took FOREVER to get there. The woman in front of me in line waited over 30 minutes and was on her way back to catch a DME to the airport!

I was also going back for DME to the airport but I had calculated a 30-minute cushion to my wait. My cushion got eaten up but I was glad I'd put it in there!!

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

We own two contracts there and we do not find the time in travel to be an issue. We love the resort and find it a wonderful and relaxing place. Hope you enjoy!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

thanks for all your posts, fingers crossed that we can change at 7 months. im really not bothered where i stay im quite a neebie to wdw this will only be my 8th trip but its my other halfs 38th trip (from uk) and akv are one of the few places he has never stayed at. I think it would be nice for him to stay somewhere different and if we cant get in there for the whole 2 weeks after seeing how easy it is to a split stay after reading posts on here we could consider that too! 7 weeks to DLP!

Getting to and from Animal Kingdom Lodge

We're planning on staying at the AKL and are hoping to return in the afternoons for downtime, then go back to the parks in the evening. We have two kids, 6 and 9. How difficult/time consuming will it be to go back and forth from the AKL? We're not planning on renting a car but that's a possibility.

TIA.

Blog Entries

Depending on the wait times for the bus to and from the park I would figure up to an hour (10-20 min ride each way + cushion) plus the time you are going to be at the hotel.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To add to what Katrina said -- AKL is not that much different from most other resorts, unless it's a resort right near a park (i.e., Beach Club and Epcot).

Cathy

As others have mentioned, they don't share a bus with other resorts. This is especially nice when you're headed back from the parks. You aren't crammed in like sardines, and when we stayed there last summer, we usually got a seat.

2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

Thanks, everyone.

Are there regular scheduled times for the bus that we could plan around?

Blog Entries

No, there is no set schedule. They say a bus comes at least every 20 minutes, and there are times when it seems it takes longer, but I think the times it actually has (for me, with multiple trips in the last few years) is very very rare. OFTEN it is definitely shorter than 20 minutes.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    No, there is no set schedule. They say a bus comes at least every 20 minutes, and there are times when it seems it takes longer, but I think the times it actually has (for me, with multiple trips in the last few years) is very very rare. OFTEN it is definitely shorter than 20 minutes.
    Same here, I've never waited more than 20 minutes, even in the middle of the day, and that was even after just missing the bus (saw the bus pull away).
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

just changed our booking to 14 nights at kidani village woop de woop woop! My sister just landed in orlando luckily for her she was one of the last planes out of the uk today before all planes grounded because of icelandic volcanic dust cloud! disney for her tomorrow

Blog Entries

Enjoy Kidani Village! I think it'll be nice having a smidgen more room for that long of a visit.

I'm VERY happy about your sister getting out. The ash made the news here and I can't comprehend how big of a hassle that must be!

Cathy