Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Birthday Cake Ideas...

Birthday Cake Ideas...

Hello!

We are heading down Disneyland at the end of this month for my wife's 40th Birthday. I had originally scheduled a VIP tour, and was able to order a cake through them, but when I canceled the tour, my cake was canceled as well.

I now need to get a relatively nice cake for our dinner at Tortilla Joes, but am not sure where to do. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bakery where one might order a cake to be delivered? I am just fine paying extra for a nicer cake. or if anyone know where I can get a Disney Themed cake from the resort, that would be great as well...

Thanks for any information you might have!

Bill

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post
    Hello!

We are heading down Disneyland at the end of this month for my wife's 40th Birthday. I had originally scheduled a VIP tour, and was able to order a cake through them, but when I canceled the tour, my cake was canceled as well.

I now need to get a relatively nice cake for our dinner at Tortilla Joes, but am not sure where to do. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bakery where one might order a cake to be delivered? I am just fine paying extra for a nicer cake. or if anyone know where I can get a Disney Themed cake from the resort, that would be great as well...

Thanks for any information you might have!

Bill
    If you were eating at any of the Disneyland Hotel restaurants, the answer would be simple. Disney Dining. But they don't deliver to the other restaurants.

My next suggestion would be to call Von's and see what their bakery could do.

You might also try http://www.amazingcakesofcalifornia.com/
    Planning 3 trips at once...

In WDW we ordered a WONDEFUL anniversary cake a few years back. We had a 10" carrot cake with white chocolate Mickey & Minnie on top (about 10" each). I ordered it throught the "cake hotline" at our resort (Contemporary). Not sure if they have this available at DL.

On a second note, My DH & I designed our nephew's birthday cake. We had a 10" pound cake made as the bottom layer with chocolate icing and white fondant. Then we had a "ball shaped" cake also made out of pound cake with chocolate icing with black fondant. This was set on top of the bottom layer and scewers added through for stability. Then rice crispy ears were given the chocolate icing treatment and covered in black fondant. The "ears" were added to the "ball" to make a 3D Mickey head. We added his favorite Disney characters (fab 5) around the cake (from the toy section). We had them add colored Mickey heads on the white base with mini and regular M&Ms (turning them over to not see the brand). It turned out reallly cute!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DVCmom View Post
    In WDW we ordered a WONDEFUL anniversary cake a few years back. We had a 10" carrot cake with white chocolate Mickey & Minnie on top (about 10" each). I ordered it throught the "cake hotline" at our resort (Contemporary). Not sure if they have this available at DL.
    Vacation Planning offers this through Disney Dining. It is available if you are staying onsite and want it delivered to your room, or to anyone who is dining in a DLR Hotel restaurant. It is not available outside the hotel restaurants. If the OP wants to change their dining plans to Storytellers, Hooks Point, Steakhouse 55, etc, they can get a cake delivered.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    They did my wedding cake, and it was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Vacation Planning offers this through Disney Dining. It is available if you are staying onsite and want it delivered to your room, or to anyone who is dining in a DLR Hotel restaurant.
    VP was going to be my suggestion, IF you're staying on property. If you're staying OFF property and eating at a non-Disney restaurant, your choices are either to 1) call the restaurant directly and see what they can arrange for you, 2) have a cake delivered to your hotel room and bring it yourself or 3) buy a cake off-site somewhere and bring it with you.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Excellent! thanks for the tips everyone.

She wants to eat at Tortilla Joe's, so can't get a DL cake, I will now see what I can do with your recommendations.

Thanks!
    Bill

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

For reference, I ended up going with Cinderella Cakes. They were great, and the cake was perfect and on time.

I would love to post links and a picture, but can't yet.

Thanks again,
    Bill