Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: transportation from Buena Vista Suites?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

transportation from Buena Vista Suites?

I know the deal at Buena Vista Suites is terrific, but does anybody have experience with the schedule for shuttles from the hotel to the theme parks? is shuttle service to Downtown Disney only in the evening?

Thanks!

I Love Mickey!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calavis View Post
    I know the deal at Buena Vista Suites is terrific, but does anybody have experience with the schedule for shuttles from the hotel to the theme parks? is shuttle service to Downtown Disney only in the evening?
    While I know this will not directly answer your specific question, the best bet is that if you are staying off-site, even if it is a DTD hotel, you should consider renting a car. Sure, many hotels have shuttles, but in general many find the shuttle schedule and capacity to be way more limited than desired.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by calavis View Post

Thanks!
    I have no experince with this shuttle. We always have our car. However, I am staying at the sister hotel Caribe Royale this weekend. I will see if I can get the shuttle schedule and will post if I am able to get it by Monday.

My parents use the shuttle here often. It's not like Disney where there is a bus every 20 minutes or so. There is a few shuttles leaving in the morning and again in the evenings. If you want to be able to go back and forth to the Resort more then that I would take GusMan's advice and get a rental car. It's a very quick and easy ride to disney property. Only one major cross street to cross (535) and a straight shot down 536 (World Center Drive/ which turns into Epcot Center Drive) for about 5 miles (you go over the 4) to the WDW property arch closest to Epcot.

Mily

Disney Animation Fan

I can't speak to the current schedule, but I don't remember waiting too long for a shuttle back to the hotel at the end of the day, and they definitely got us to the parks at a good time in the morning.

One cool thing that I will always remember about their shuttle service is that the driver tells the passengers all kinds of cool trivia along with times for major nighttime events. It's like having a tour guide.

Renting a car or getting a cab is generally the faster way of getting to the parks from an off site hotel. I would call your hotel and discuss not only the shuttle schedule but how it makes its route as some shuttles make the park loop. Generally it is AK first, then HS, then Epcot, then TTC where you then catch monorail or boat to MK. That loop can take a long time so be careful in your decision.

I'm back and thanks to this question I learned a few things. Frist off The Buena Vista Suites and The Caribe Royale share the shuttle buses. It is run by mears but only goes to these to resorts on this route. Last week (Easter/ spring break) the shuttles ran as follows:

To MK- 7am, 8am,10am,12 noon and 4pm
    Returning to resort from MK-12:30pm,5pm,7pm, 9:30pm,11:40pm,12:30am and 1:30 am

To DS-9AM, 11am and 12:00noon
    Returning to resort from DS- 1:15pm, 5:45pm, 7:30pm, 9:00pm and 10:45pm

To Epcot-9:00am,11:00am,12:00 noon and 4:00pm
    Returning from Epcot to resort- 12:45pm,5:15pm, 7:15pm, 9:15pm and 10:15pm

To AK- 7am,8am,10am, noon
    Returning to resort from AK-1PM,5:30PM,7:45PM and 8:45pm

To DTD-6:05 pm and 8:05 pm
    Returning to resort from DTD-11:20pm

We took the shuttle to and from Epcot on 4/2. Mostly just to try it out. We were going to dinner and took the 4pm shuttle over and the 9:15 back. Both times we went straight there and back with no stops at other parks. We were staying at The Caribe Royale. On the way to the parks the shuttle had first stop at Buena Vista Suites to pick up guest and on the way home they were dropped off first and us second. Really this is no big deal as the two resorts are connected by a parking lot. The shuttle was clean, bus driver was very friendly and both ways it was running on time. I had my parents, hubby and three kids in our party. All of us were able to sit as was everyone on the bus. The whole experince worked out fine for us.

I still prefer my car but this is totally doable. Just know that you have to work on their schedule. It's not like staying at WDW where there is a bus ever 20 minutes or so. However, one thing I liked was knowing what time the shuttle was going to be at the bus stop. True it can run behind due to traffic but at least you have a ball park time. Unlike the limbo wait for the Disney buses where you never know if you just missed it and you have another 20 minute wait or if it will be there any minute.

The shuttle does have a lift for wheelchairs and scooters but you must request this 24 hours in advance to use this service. As with Disney buses strollers are allowed but must be folded.

Mily

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by momof three View Post
    I still prefer my car but this is totally doable. Just know that you have to work on their schedule. It's not like staying at WDW where there is a bus ever 20 minutes or so.
    And for many, that in of itself, is the reason to get a car when staying off-site. But its good to have an idea of when these two resorts run their shuttle.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!