Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Earl of Sandwich question

Earl of Sandwich question

Are the sandwiches big enough to share at the Earl of Sandwich?

Just me...way over planning...our meals!

2. # ADS

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar

It depends on how much you like to eat. The sandwiches are a decent size, and sometimes my wife and I will share a sandwich and salad or a bowl of soup. But Earl is the absolute best value (and really good!) in Downtown Disney, so sharing may not even be a concern.

--
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

I have only had a breakfast sandwich, and no they are not big enough to share, but they are sooooooooooooooo good* We have earl on our list

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

my opinion...

I too would say no unless you are a REALLY light eater. Our 14 yr old DD who is the lightest eater in our group finishes a full one, especially after a LONG day at Disney. Now, they have awesome salads too so you could share both but it is still an entree per person. The entrees are about $6 a GREAT value. They also have some good sides like yogurt with fresh fruit and granola! It is one of our favorite places in DTD.

For another good "value" especially on the DDP in DTD is Wolf Gang Express. My daughter and I usually et a pizza and a salad and share each. It is a great meal and keeps us full without needing any snacks in between meals. They have "safe" pizzas and some more unusual ones thet we enjoy.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy all the meal choices you will have available while in THE WORLD!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Thanks everybody! We usually stay so busy at the parks that there is no time for DtD, but this time we are going to make a "concentrated" effort to head over there and take it all in...thanks again!

Another alternative is to get one of the kids sandwiches if you want a little less food. I have ordered the child's grilled cheese before, and combined with some tomato soup that was a good, filling meal.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We visited the Earl of Sandwich in October and LOVED it.

We were there at lunchtime on a Saturday while there were dragon boat races in the lake: It was crowded. The entire queue inside Earl was full and then some. But I knew I was going to eat there (I'd heard good things,) and really, heck, it was lunchtime on a Saturday! So I just got in line. The line actually moved at a pretty decent pace and they had a good system set up for people to order and pick up their orders.

There was an older woman in back of me in line who was getting some grief from her family about the length of the line. An adult who I presume was her son kept coming in to talk to her and seemed to even try to be getting her to go somewhere else.

One time when he was gone I turned to her and said "I've heard that this place is really worth the wait..." She suddenly smiled and turned into a completely different person than the one I saw when her son was there. "Oh! I did TOO! I really want to eat here!" I then made a comment about "Well if you leave to go somewhere else, that place will just have a line so it's not like you'll get your food faster if you go somewhere else." And she agreed.

I admired how well she just kept her mouth shut around her son. We had a pretty good lunch there. I hope you enjoy it. I would LOVE if we had some locations closer to our home!

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I admired how well she just kept her mouth shut around her son. We had a pretty good lunch there. I hope you enjoy it. I would LOVE if we had some locations closer to our home!

Adrienne
    At least you're closer to the Vegas location.

I looked up the qualifications for opening up a franchise. Their site says:

Financial Qualifications

* 1 unit net worth $750,000; liquid $300,000
    * 5 units net worth $1,000,000; liquid $500,000
    * 10 units net worth $2,000,000; liquid $800,000

Franchise Owners are Qualified Using the Following Criteria:

* A proven track record in the restaurant and/or hospitality industries
    * A history of business achievement
    * An entrepreneurial spirit and the determination to succeed in a highly competitive environment
    * An unwavering commitment to follow the systems and uphold the standards that define EARL OF SANDWICH
    * An acceptable background and credit history
    Oh well, I guess I don't qualify. I've never worked in the restaurant or hospitality industries.
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

I asked my husband if they were big enough to share and he said "NO!" My 11 year old son can eat a full sandwich. I like the kids turkey cheese. Totally yummy, but not as large so I don't feel stuffed. More room for a dessert later--the cupcakes at Main Street Bakery are fab!!

It depends on your limit of food intake. I am tiny and I CAN'T eat a full sandwich normally* So any sandwich is good enough for me to split. Handsome LOVES to ear* So he can finish a full sandwich (or more)

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

My daughter and I often share sandwiches from the Earl. I think they are good sized.

Earl of Sandwich

We decided to make this out very first stop when we arrive around 11-12pm..let me hear some input!

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Worth the wait!

Karin

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yummy

It does get crowded, but I recall the line moving at a reasonable rate - so the earlier you are there before noon, likely the better!

Cathy

One of the best sandwiches I've had. When we were there last year, the lines were long, but we got our sandwiches within 10 minutes.

2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

GO! GO! GO! I'd make it my first stop as well. It is always worth the wait, and the line is never as long as it seems. Tuna sandwich and tomato soup- YUM O!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Excellent price, great product. Worth the wait.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The line moved relatively well when we were there. The nice thing is that you order your sandwich before you pay so it's all part of the line - You're waiting for your sandwich to be made ANYWAY, so at least they have it set up to take your order and ahead of the cash registers.

I remember an elderly lady behind me - someone from her family (seemed to be a son maybe,) kept coming up to her clearly annoyed that she was waiting in line. I was starting to feel rather annoyed on her behalf. She was staying rather quiet as he complained. When we walked away she was so funny. I had leaned over and commented that it seemed all the other restaurants would have lines, too but that I had heard that Earl was really worth it. Her face LIT UP! "I heard that, too! I'm really looking forward to eating here." She just had the will power not to tell her son where to stick it.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe