Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best shoes for Disneyland?

I too have a problem with one of my feet (joint that pops out of place which causes tendon/ligament problems) and have to be very cerful about what shows I wear, how much an how fast I walk, and what kind of surface I'm on.

I spend a lot of time in sneakers. Usually running shoes. The brand changes as the styles change. Currently I am wearing Sketchers (not the shape ups) and took two pair on our last trip. I'd swap out shoes if I happened to stop by the hotel in the middle of the day. Otherwise, I'd alternate days.

I love crocs flip flops. They are super comfy but not good for me to try to walk all day in at the park. The regular crocs I don't find nearly as comfy and really can't get past how ugly I think they are. lol

My kid (19) wears converse and vans. I can't wear either. Not enough support in the ones she wears.

I've heard great things about Keens though and plan to check them out soon.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    Enjoying the sunshine and blue skies of Phoenix between Disney trips.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
    Ok, I think I sort of get it. She is an adult and has spent hours on her feet and knows what is good on her feet and what is not.

The post isn't about foot wear: It is about talking. It is the OP talking about her feet and and subsequent posters talking about what they like to wear (What you like to wear has no correlation on OP's foot comfort, it has to do with your foot comfort).

The topic could have been something like: "I get cool in the evenings at Disneyland, what should I do to get warm?" and everyone would chime in and talk about sweaters, jackets and sweatshirts.

Yea, I get it. Thanks.
    Have you considered that maybe the reason she posted is to get suggestion for other brands that she may not know about that work for different people. For example, I used to wear only Tevas then someone on the board raved about Keens so I went and tried on a pair and promptly switched and love them! There is no need to continue to berate someone for asking for opinions. That is exactly what the board is for. So yes, it is about talking - exactly what a discussion board does.

If it really bothers you, please feel free to not read it. I have read some of your other postings and they seem to be in the same category - questioning why someone even posted the question.

Two of my favorite things in the same discussion--shoes and Disneyland!

My Keen sandals are my personal favorite, especially if we're doing water rides. I hate wet sneakers with a passion. If we aren't getting wet I have a pair of Puma sneakers that I love. If we're going when it's warm though it's Keens for me and DH's 'serious' water shoes for him. We find them to be very supportative, have cushy soles, and keep us happy when we're all wet. It's funny, we got the water shoes to do a Disney Cruise. i wouldn't have guessed how much park time they would get!

Keep Moving Forward!

Blog Entries
    Ok, I think I sort of get it. She is an adult and has spent hours on her feet and knows what is good on her feet and what is not.

The post isn't about foot wear: It is about talking. It is the OP talking about her feet and and subsequent posters talking about what they like to wear (What you like to wear has no correlation on OP's foot comfort, it has to do with your foot comfort).

The topic could have been something like: "I get cool in the evenings at Disneyland, what should I do to get warm?" and everyone would chime in and talk about sweaters, jackets and sweatshirts.

Yea, I get it. Thanks.
    That is what discussion boards do, discuss. I personally learn from a lot of others. And what works for me now may not work for me in 2-3 months. And yes, we have discussed what works for us in layering clothing in Anaheim, because it may not be what some are expecting.

If a thread isn't one that interests you, you can ignore that thread. To do this, at the top of this page, on the right side is a button marked "Thread Tools". Click and choose "Ignore Thread". Then the thread won't be visible to you.

Hope this helps!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Yea, I get it. Thanks.
    No, you don't get it. Just by reading this thread I've found out about 2 or 3 other shoes I can try. You probably have great feet and don't quite "get" why this is such an important discussion. Stop clicking on the thred and read posts that interest you. I guess we shouldn't talk about our favorite places to eat at DLR either since we all know what we like. We wouldn't want to try something new, or get a different opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norriski View Post
    I live in the Central Valley and am now wondering if Gilroy has a Vans outlet? (it's about and hour or so, depending on traffic from where I work)... I may have to take a drive over there soon.
    Yes, we are east of the 99, so we don't hit the 5.

Gilroy has one at the Outlets. VANS - GILROY Outlet Store 681 Leavesley Road Gilroy, CA 95020.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

For those who are thinking about Sketchers Shape Ups- I would highly recommend Reebok Easytones! I had been wanting to get a pair of the Shape Ups, but didn't like the look of them. I tried on the Easytones and was sold! They look much more like a regular sneaker and also feel and walk like a regular sneaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana58 View Post
    I have very bad feet and was really worried about 2 days of Disney with my grandkids. Everyone told me crocs, crocs, crocs. I wear orthopedic inserts with orthopedic tennies. I hate tennis shoes because my feet get so hot. So I ordered some crocs, sandals actually, and wore them for a week before we left. They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. When I got back from Disney, I ordered three more pair. At the end of each day, my shins hurt from walking past, my hips hurt from so much walking, my feet......they were fine.
    See, this is exactly why I asked. Actually I feel like I've received a lot of good feedback, so thank you! I appreciate it.

The thing is that it has been SO long since I was at Disneyland and was on my feet all day walking and standing in lines, that I really wasn't sure what kind of shoes I should bring. Also, while it is warm and sunny (mostly) in Anaheim, I'm in rainy, chilly Seattle, so since I will need to get some kind of summer shoe/sandal soon, I figured I might as well get some before I head to Disneyland. But if people said they experienced a lot of blisters with sandals or Crocs than maybe I need to take my tennis shoes.

I'm actually going to the podiatrist this week and will see if he has any suggestions for my feet and all the walking and standing I will be doing too. I have neuromas in both feet which will probably need surgery in the near future, but recently my achilles tendons have been hurting so badly I have a hard time standing.

So thank you to everyone who has given me feedback.
    Mom2Two - Alyssa 7 and Tristan 5 1/2

Yea, I get it. Thanks.
    Holy cow! Bitter much?

I didn't realize that this questions was SO far out of the ordinary one as far as opinion goes. How is asking what kind of shoes people get for all the walking at Disneyland different from what someones favorite souvenir is or whether one corn dog cart is better than another? Aren't ALL these things a matter of opinion?

As someone else stated, I never tried Tevas until someone raved about how wonderful they were. Maybe I should try Keens this time around. Very few people do as much walking or standing on their feet as they do when they go to a theme park. Those of you who get the opportunity to go more often than I have been able to do, might very well have learned from experience what works better for you and could pass that information on.

Sorry my question offended you so much and if you look at my number of posts on this board, you'll see that I do not just like to talk for talking sake. Next time I have a question I guess I won't post it or post it on another board where I won't get ridiculed for asking it. Thanks!
    Mom2Two - Alyssa 7 and Tristan 5 1/2

2 months before our first trip as a family, I dropped a lamp on my foot and cut a tendon just behind my middle toes. I had trouble walking around walmart for long periods of time. My foot would cramp-up. I also wear flip flops, even when there is snow on the ground here. So, I went looking and bought pair of the river sandals. (Someone posted a specific brand up above) They were very comfortable, my feet didn't get hot. Trips since then, I, too, would switch between flip flops, sandals, and tennis shoes. But the last trip, I developed plantar F.... (can't spell today) on the first day, and ended up wearing my tennis shoes all week. It was still painful. So, I am going to take some of these tips, myself. I have narrow feet, so I feel like I am swimming in skate shoes, but I will try them again
    Wasn't there a thread awhile back that Crocs, went out of business? Maybe I dreamed that.
    Oh, and may I say you ladies have handled the negativity with much more applomb than I would be able to manage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Two View Post
    Sorry my question offended you so much and if you look at my number of posts on this board, you'll see that I do not just like to talk for talking sake. Next time I have a question I guess I won't post it or post it on another board where I won't get ridiculed for asking it. Thanks!
    Please don't feel this way. There are some who truly just don't understand. But, I think the majority here do, which is why you received so many responses! I am glad you received some new answers to your question, it is one that comes up ever so often and it is fun to see who has tried what and how it worked for them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Wasn't there a thread awhile back that Crocs, went out of business? Maybe I dreamed that.
    Yes, we did have such a thread. Something like they had grown so fast that when the economy changed they couldn't adjust and were in trouble of closing.

But they are happily still around for Crocs lovers (of whom I am not one!!!!! Just want to make that clear!!!).

The only bummer for Mom2TWO is that I think they were having a huge sale online a few weeks ago but when I checked it before responding to this thread, it was over. Didn't see many choices for kids online either when I looked but I'm she can find them in a retail store.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Nice to know, I'm not totally off my rocker.

I am going to try to make my family as comfy as possible but I think at the end of the day I have heard "my everything hurts!" after fairs and other long days But, since we will be at Disney, I am sure we will soak our bones in the pool as we can then get good rest at night, foret all about it in the morning just to do it all again for 6 days!!!!

Holy cow! Bitter much?

I didn't realize that this questions was SO far out of the ordinary one as far as opinion goes. How is asking what kind of shoes people get for all the walking at Disneyland different from what someones favorite souvenir is or whether one corn dog cart is better than another? Aren't ALL these things a matter of opinion?

As someone else stated, I never tried Tevas until someone raved about how wonderful they were. Maybe I should try Keens this time around. Very few people do as much walking or standing on their feet as they do when they go to a theme park. Those of you who get the opportunity to go more often than I have been able to do, might very well have learned from experience what works better for you and could pass that information on.

Don't post somewhere else. It is because someone like you posted I found my new favorite shoes. Because of other posts I tried the Hojo Hotel, and because of some otheres, I tried a new place to eat at DTD. Just ignore the grumps.

Ditto what Mal & Nana said! Don't let the opinion of one poster keep you from asking questions here. I think everyone else chimed in with some good suggestions. Believe, there have been times when I posted a question thinking that is was a silly question but have been amazed at all the friendly and helpful advice I have received over the years! If it makes you feel any better, their have been other threads where the poster in question has done the same thing - so it is not you!

Blog Entries

I'm actually really glad someone brought this up. I've got hip dysplasia and was born with clubbed feet so walking around DL gets really tough and I usually have to get a wheel chair because that combines with my diabetes and makes some pretty ugly numbers. I've tried a lot of different shoes and I'd have to say my most comfortable are just straight up keds. I carry flip flops for the water rides but other than that it's Keds all the way. They give me great support and keep me comfy most of the day.

[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC](during Remember, Dreams Come True) "Dida? Are you crying? they're just fireworks."~Chewie "Those aren't just fireworks, those are my dreams coming true."~Dida

I, too, love that people discuss this. I have learned about Teva's and Eccos through these types of discussions, and while I love my every day New Balance walking shoes... when I go to the parks - things do change... and sometimes it's nice to get new ideas from other folks ! Thanks for all your posts !

ETA: AND sometimes those who haven't been to the parks much or this is their first time - they may not think of things like getting wet feet in tennies and socks...etc. These discussions are helpful for many in many ways.

Julie

WDW: POFQ/Swan 1999; CS 2000; CS 2002; OffSite 2005; CB 2006; POR 2010;
    DLR: 2004; 2005; 2007
    Disney Dream Nov 2011

I will probably stay in my NB's since they have a last available that has a narrow heel and wide ball -- just fits better than others I've tried.

I do have a pair of Keens as "dress shoes" -- I couldn't have survived a week in Paris without them, they are waterproof and awesome and now my work shoes here in the PNW -- and thanks to everyone for the reminder about their sandals. I need to replace my sport sandals and I think I will get another pair of Keens.

Yea, I get it. Thanks.
    Why can't you just let it go????? Why is it so darn important to you? You don't like the topic, get out of the thread.
    Siggy aka Jill

Don't stop posting please! I have never really thought about what shoes to wear to DL before this thread. I am going to go out and buy a pair of Keens now to try to be a bit more comfortable next time. Your thread helped people.

On a separate note how do you like this weather we are having lately? Insane winds! I am a few hours SW of you.
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Thank you for posting your questions. I love my Crocs, but the last time we were at 'The Land' I developed a blister on the top of my food. I love my ShapeUps, but my pinky toe developed a sore spot. I've been searching for the best shoe for Disneyland and I've been driving everyone I know absolutely crazy trying to get information. I think I'm going to find a store to try on some Keens and I'm going to check out some Merrell shoes as well...

My problem is trying to find shoes that don't lead to blisters and can help my hips and back not ache at the end of the day. I'm sure the perfect shoe is out there, but you never know unless you ask.. and try some on.

Churros anyone??

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?

I live in Crocs when the weather gets warmer and I thought they would be perfect for DL. Not so much. We all wore our favorite runners and I splurged on gel insoles for everyone. For my DD I bought ladies high heel gel insoles and they fit perfect. We did pack our Crocs and changed into them everytime we went on a water ride. Nothing worse than walking in wet runners and the crocs were light to carry. We walked in them for a short period after the ride till they dried. It was a nice refresher.

Hi all,
    Have any of you tried the SANUK yoga mat flip flops? I know ideally flip flops aren't the safest shoes at the park, but I ,like others, like to wear them for awhile and than switch over to a sport/ walking shoe while at DL.
    I tried a pair on once and thought they were very comfy but I didn't buy them at the time.
    I was just curious if anyone has any experience with that brand. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rfaljean View Post
    Thank you for posting your questions. I love my Crocs, but the last time we were at 'The Land' I developed a blister on the top of my food.
    I'm sorry, but I had to point that out as it made laugh and say ewww at the same time.