Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best shoes for Disneyland?

Best shoes for Disneyland?

I have trouble with my feet, so comfort is the most important, but what shoes do you find are the best when you are the Disneyland?

Also, when we went last time (3 years ago) you could buy Crocs all over Downtown Disney. Is that still the case? My kids have outgrown their Disney Crocs and I'd rather buy them there than before we go. Last time we bought them at the World of Disney.

Mom2Two - Alyssa 7 and Tristan 5 1/2

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Two View Post
    I have trouble with my feet, so comfort is the most important, but what shoes do you find are the best when you are the Disneyland?

Also, when we went last time (3 years ago) you could buy Crocs all over Downtown Disney. Is that still the case? My kids have outgrown their Disney Crocs and I'd rather buy them there than before we go. Last time we bought them at the World of Disney.
    In my opinion, the ONLY shoes for walking Disneyland are tennis shoes! It's all about being comfortable.
    Hi-Ho

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

My only shoe trick is that I like to change in the middle of the day, it seems to keep my feet from getting sore. I will usually wear a pair or flip flops during the day and then chance into sneakers once it starts to get chilly in the evening (we never go during the summer so I don't have to worry about the heat).

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know if the Crocs are still as available as they were - but if you do plan on getting them, make sure you also have some well broken-in back ups. If it ends up the crocs don't fit 100% right, you really don't want to be without good walking around shoes.

Not knowing how old your daughters are - make sure you let them know if they feel an area on their foot starting to get hot to let you know -so you can do some blister prevention/minimization on their foot!

Cathy

I like both Crocs and Tevas but Tevas are my favorite! I got the Dozer style and love them!!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

My Sketcher Shape ups! LOVE THEM!

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Nothing but sneakers for me. Worn enough to know they'll be comfortable. Not worn so much they're worn out.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

I wear sneakers as well. Usually running shoes which are light and comfy. It always cracks me up when I see women walking around in stilletos. Really??? Do you really need to look sexy in Disneyland???

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisearl View Post
    I wear sneakers as well. Usually running shoes which are light and comfy. It always cracks me up when I see women walking around in stilletos. Really??? Do you really need to look sexy in Disneyland???
    Well, if someone was going to a meal at Club 33 or some other restaurant, I could see that. There has been the random occasion when I'm going to dinner at Napa Rose and dressed up nicely and the husband and I have an hour to kill, so we might wander around Disneyland during that time. Remember that not everyone visiting Disneyland is doing so for hours on end.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Im with CB, I like doing flip flops and tennis shoes later when it gets cold. My feet dont seem to get as tired that way.

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Well, if someone was going to a meal at Club 33 or some other restaurant, I could see that. There has been the random occasion when I'm going to dinner at Napa Rose and dressed up nicely and the husband and I have an hour to kill, so we might wander around Disneyland during that time. Remember that not everyone visiting Disneyland is doing so for hours on end.
    I've done that a few times as well. But, I'm also guilty of thinking that people are crazy to wear heels to Disneyland.
    Anyhow, for me it's usually sneakers. I, too, like a running shoe since they are not as heavy. If I'm only going for a half day and the weather is nice I'll wear my Rainbows.
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

I usually wear Fit Flops (most comfy flip flops I have ever owned) during the day and Keens at night. I was a long time Teva wearer and switched to Keens
    a few years ago and found them a lot more comfortable.

lee is the man.

For flip-flops, Rainbows are the bomb! So comfortable!! The first couple weeks of wearing them is potentially blister-inducing, but after that they're the most comfortable pair of shoes, for a good 2 or 3 years!

errah errah!

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
    Ok, don't want to sound snarkey, but since you are aware of your bad feet, I would immagine you would already know what shoes are confortable for you. Wear the same ones you wear when you are out walking; at the mall; or whenever you are on your feet for long periods of time. Good shoes for Disneyland is a very personal, subjective thing and what works for my feet means absolutly nothing for your feet.
    Yes, you are right. And I thought about that before posting my question. I was just curious what other people found comfortable to wear in the park. Last time I also wore my running shoes, but I've heard a lot of people say that Crocs are ugly but super comfortable for doing a lot of walking and I wanted to know what other people had to say.
    Mom2Two - Alyssa 7 and Tristan 5 1/2

If you decide to try something new, get them soon so you can tell if they will work for you at DL.

Have fun and good luck!

Disney Dreamer

Sport sandals all around! Comfy as heck to walk in, and no worrys if your feet get wet, and unlike flip flops they have support and are secured to your feet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Two View Post
    Yes, you are right. And I thought about that before posting my question. I was just curious what other people found comfortable to wear in the park. Last time I also wore my running shoes, but I've heard a lot of people say that Crocs are ugly but super comfortable for doing a lot of walking and I wanted to know what other people had to say.
    Van's Rowleys.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I agree. However, my sister (oldest of the younger group) is known for wearing stiletto type heels in the park just because. MDM can be found rolling her eyes when she does this.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
    Thank you for helping me out here, mom. I just don't understand why you, with your unique feet situation, would be interested in what others, with their own unique feet situations, wear? If you heard that crocks are good, give them a try and see if they work for you. Sort of like asking strangers if you should wear their prescription for your eyeglasses? Thanks.
    She's interested in ideas. Not really sure why you're giving her the third degree or why she needs to explain to you why she's curious.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Flip flops usually. I have hiking shoes and lightweight sneakers. I would not recommend flip flops though as you can go slip slopping away on puddles and have a bad knee from sliding on water at DLR.

The flip flops conform to my feet in time so they are comfortable. I agree with changing shoes or at least airing out your feet. Plan your trip to avoid excessive walking. Get good shoes that have arch support and are designed for walking. If I could wear shoes I would get ones like my hiking shoes which I do not wear as they are too heavy. I usually wear them though as they support my high arches and hold my food snug.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    My Sketcher Shape ups! LOVE THEM!
    I agree 100%!! I wore them for 5 days at DL and had no problems! Usually after a couple days getting out of bed is PAINFUL with what feels like bruised soles of my feet. But the soft bottom on the Shape ups prevented any issues.

However I would get them 1-2 months ahead of time and get used to wearing them. The odd shape feels strange at first, plus some people report having sore muscles from the extra workout to your muscles.
    Amy

Blog Entries

I want to add on the Shape Ups, make sure you wear them and get used to them. My mom wore similar shoes for a while. She is older. One day, taking a step backwards, she fell. Due to her age, it was a nasty fall, breaking her ankle and wrist. The shoes were not the most stable.

I love wearing my Sketcher Shape Ups because they're really comfortable for me. But it's true you do have to get used to how you walk in them. I wouldn't suggest buying them and "trying" them out at the park. I personally can't wear any type of sandal or flip flop because of my bad feet. As for the crocs I was just at World of Disney on the 17th and 18th and you couldn't find the crocs anywhere, I was looking to see if maybe I should get a pair of those just to wear for short periods of time (and to also use them on the cruise next year). Just remember, you have to be comfortable in whatever you're used to. But like some others said, if you can wear the flip flops or other type of sandals and they're comfortable then I would wear those during the day and switch to the shoes for nighttime.

Blog Entries

Well, shoes at the parks are certainly a frequent topic here on the boards. If you go to this post, you can see even more recent(ish) comments as well as some links to older threads.

As you can see in the older threads, I am a big proponent of Ecco shoes. I have a serious spinal issue and having well balanced shoes is critical for me. I don't think just about walking but about standing. (I can walk all day but standing is hard.) Eccos have tons of styles that range from drab but incredibly comfortable to cute and quite comfortable. I'm actually not crazy about most of their sneakers but I'm not the sneaker type.

For me, I plan my shoes around my traveling style. We live near Disneyland and have AP's so most of our visits are under six hours. I can wear any of my Eccos, including my fancier heeled ones, and do just fine on these trips.

If I am going to WDW (a much less frequent occurrence), I will be on my feet for much longer periods. My feet are going to swell. And because of the humidity, they are going to sweat as well. So that means something clunkier with wicking socks (oh yes, I go full geek if necessary). My sandals of choice are Keens (you can read about them in the other linky's). I'd also do fine wearing some of my studier Eccos in the cooler months. (These are what I take to Europe for tromping around on very uncomfortable cobblestones and in old buildings all day.)

I think sneakerwise you will see a lot of votes in favor of New Balance and when I still wore sneakers, I was a fan of these as well.

While I do love clog type shoes and can recommend several brands, I wouldn't wear them or ANY open backed shoe at the park. Disney magic + crowds = disoriented people trodding on the back of my shoes. This is not a good match for clogs! I am very klutzy and like to think I've developed a real skill at falling down safely but I'd just as soon not take a fall at the parks.

As for flip flops of any kind. Hum. Can't say as I get that. No support; prone to rubbing your foot; ripe for being walked right off your foot by another guest. But that's just me.

A huge part of being comfortable with my feet on longer visits is blister management. I have a gross

arthritic bump
    on one foot that tends to rub against my shoes. All of my Disney bags are ALWAYS stocked with blister band aids. Longer trips require the packing of moleskin and some anti-friction powder. That's a different thread, but we can direct you there, too.

Good luck in your search.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

I have knee problems and had Saucony running shoes recommended to me for my knees. I love them. I'm not a runner, I just wear them anywhere where tennies are doable. They're very cushiony. I put Dr. Scholl's gel inserts in them as well, which give good additional support and cushioning.