Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare?

Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare?

Me and my boyfriend are visiting WDW at the end of September, and at the moment we are choosing our ADRs. One of my choices was the Crystal Palace, as I've heard good things about the place and kinda wanted to try the breakfast lasagna. However, this doesn't seem like a good enough reason to visit. I have been to 1900 Park Fare before and thought that it was really good, the food, the atmosphere and even the characters.

My question is, which would you choose? My boyfriend has never been to WDW before so he has no idea!

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

2. # ADS

I have eaten lunch twice at the Crystal Palace and 'been' to the 1900 Park Fayre via U Tube I think for a young couple 1900 PF would be my choice, but then if he's really into Pooh and friends that could also be very cute. Crystal Palace has been FULL of under 10's in the main both times we went. It was very noisy if that bothers you at all.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Ah, neither of us are into Pooh at all! I figured it may be noisy, it was at Park Fare but not really bad. Thanks for the reply!

*DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

Magical Movie Reviews

Efteling UK

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out Adriennek's trip report (Moms and Aunts go wild) for a report about their experience at 1900 PF.

Cathy

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Check out Adriennek's trip report (Moms and Aunts go wild) for a report about their experience at 1900 PF.
    Now including 3 photos of that dinner.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Here's a direct link to the post with the review. So, did you post a review to the Database?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Here's a direct link to the post with the review. So, did you post a review to the Database?
    Yes. It's pending approval.

Adrienne
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

That is HILARIOUS! Pending approval.......Can't you hit a button or somethin'?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Food wise I like crystal palace better, but it is noisy. I honestly would ditch both and hit up Chef Mickey's

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelaney_98 View Post
    That is HILARIOUS! Pending approval.......Can't you hit a button or somethin'?
    It's not my department. That's someone else's job. (No complaints!! She does a very good job!! I'm just clarifying that no, I can't hit any buttons there. )

But yes, it's there now.

Adrienne

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Ah the balance of power!

Back OT, I'll have to give 1900 a whirl sometime. I'm SO not into buffets but I would love to see the stepsisters....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Consider also, that no restaurant at the MK serves alcohol, but you can get a drink with your dinner at the Grand Floridian. We had dinner there several years ago, and I appreciated the glass of wine, with the overload of cute little girls in princess costumes (my own children included). If you like a drink with your meal, you need to go pretty much anywhere other than the MK.

I have had both. I went to 1900 for breakfast. Loved the variety. The characters were in more of a hurry here than any other character meal I have had and I have done all but 1 on property. Could have been a bad day...who knows. Loved the food. It was LOUD. I don't like the feel of the opened area where you eat and we were in the center of the room in what felt like a sea of tables. I will still return.

Crystal Palace I have had lunch and a late meal. Was just there a week ago after the refurb that was just completed. Loved it! They too have a great variety. I thought it was not as loud here as 1900. I also like how rooms are sectioned off here.

I don't think either is a "bad" choice and I am no fan of all-you-can-eat outside of Disney.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11