Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garden Grocer question?

Garden Grocer question?

How soon in advance before April 26th do you think I should put in for our Garden Grocer order and pre-pay for it with our visa? I dont see anything changing and not being able to go seeing how were now 4 weeks out. But I also know spots fill up fast with them and want to make sure we get the day and time frame we need. Thanks again

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    How soon in advance before April 26th do you think I should put in for our Garden Grocer order and pre-pay for it with our visa? I dont see anything changing and not being able to go seeing how were now 4 weeks out. But I also know spots fill up fast with them and want to make sure we get the day and time frame we need. Thanks again
    Two weeks ahead should be fine. I'll be putting in a big order for our July visit-there will be 8 of us and we plan to cook dinner once or twice during our stay (we will have a full kitchen and access to grills). I even plan to order sunscreen and other personal care stuff-less to pack.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I'd say anytime between now and 2 weeks. You're on the tail end of spring break, so I wouldn't expect there to be many blackout dates. I usually do 3-4 weeks ahead, but I'm probably just anal about it.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Oh Tina, I bet I pass you on being anal on vacations. I check and re-check and call, email, call again maybe email again EVERYDAY...I do drive hubby nuts sometime. But I want everything to be as good as it can be. Hubby says I have COPD when it comes to vacations. LOL So I will get working on my grocery order TODAY...

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hubby says I have COPD when it comes to vacations.
    psst... I think you mean OCD....
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Yeah, you got the right idea. My head is going to explode with all this Disney stuff. lol I cant wait to get there. Oh I need to relax and a drink. lol

We used Garden Grocer for the first time on March 13th and we loved the service. Our order was there on time and ready when we arrived. It is my new favorite thing! My Owner's Locker is my number one MUST HAVE!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    psst... I think you mean OCD....
    Bam! dyounged! (You'll have to read the thread about being "dan younged")

Ok I will put my GG order in mid April for delivery April 26th. in the PM hr. in case were held up arriving late. Got my list ready.

Leslie, they'll hold it at Bell Services, so no worries about when it gets there vs when you get there. They even have refrigeration for the cold stuff. Oh, and I saw your question about the pudding. Better off adding it to your GG list instead, imho.

Anyone used GG while staying at BLT? If so is do they actually deliver to BLT or the Contemporary instead?

They have bell services at the Pop? I thought that was just for the Deluxes..

Bell Services at ALL of the resorts! I used them quite a bit the last four trips. I used to schlep everything myself, trying to save a buck. Now I call down for my Owner's Locker & GG to come up. When I leave, I call them to come get ALL of our stuff. SO worth the money!!!

Thanks Tina that's good to know. I will keep that in mind. We land at 3:00pm and really hope to be at the Pop by 5:00pm so I was going to tell GG to be there around 6:30pm and bring it up to our room as we un-pack.

Blog Entries
    ... so I was going to tell GG to be there around 6:30pm and bring it up to our room as we un-pack.
    Even if you request a certain time, chances are, it will get there sometime before you arrive. Just call up bell services when you get to your room and they will bring your order to you.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Gusman, Dont they still do a 2 hour window? If I tell them 6:30pm-8:30pm then we will for sure be there and waiting or do they just generally arrive when your there and they can make it? Last time years ago when we used them they asked for a time frame and even at that they were 3 hours late. If bell services has our groceries how do we tip the driver?

There's a place on the GG order form to tip the driver/packers. You can choose to do it there if you want to. Bell services will be the ones bringing the groceries to your room. I tip them a couple of bucks to $5, depending on how many bags of groceries I ordered.

We tipped GG on the site upon check-out and bell services. I am not sure if this is the norm as it was our first order.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Blog Entries
    Gusman, Dont they still do a 2 hour window? If I tell them 6:30pm-8:30pm then we will for sure be there and waiting or do they just generally arrive when your there and they can make it? Last time years ago when we used them they asked for a time frame and even at that they were 3 hours late. If bell services has our groceries how do we tip the driver?
    Personally, I think they are going to deliver the packages to the resort whenever they really feel like it is easy for them. But it is not a big deal because they are going to store it at bell services anyway. In all the pst times we used them, they delivered before the window we chose. No problem by me.

If I were you... I would just make the delivery request for sometime in the afternoon. That way your order is waiting for you when you arrive. You can check with bell services upon check in and set up the delivery to the room.

Like Tina mentioned, there is a place to tip on the order form. I usually do about $5 per order myself, which I think is fair considering they already charge for the service. I usually tip bell services about the same I do for luggage... a buck or so per bag, depending on how many bags, etc, are brought up in total.

I agree with Gusman, they deliver when it works best for them. We asked for the latest possible delivery as we weren't even flying in until 10pm. Garden Grocer called our cell phone at 6:30am West Coast time (we hadn't even left yet) to say they were at the resort, even with the time change they were hours ahead of schedule. Bell services stored our order for us, putting the perishables into the fridge. It worked great, I would definitely use them again.

Just did our order : ) I no its one month away, buy I figured.. easier to just get it done.. I only spent 57$ and got soooo much. All breakfast foods : )

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

If you did your GG order out for 1 month away then Im safe doing ours now as well, being were 28 days out. Well, now I know what Im doing this morning. Taking that off my to do list. woo hooo

Leslie... not even 2 hours after
    I placed my order, they called to confirm and see if I had any questions or concerns. I like them already : )

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Really? They called you? They never called me before when I ordered. That was 2 years ago maybe they changed some policyies. Well, that's good. I will get on it today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WdwGurl4life View Post
    Leslie... not even 2 hours after
    I placed my order, they called to confirm and see if I had any questions or concerns. I like them already : )
    This might be a new thing or it might be something they do for new customers. Never had a call like this after placing an order, so I would not -expect- this to happen all the time. Just saying so that there is no panic just in case experiences vary.