Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Bay Lake Tower tour on 3/16

Bay Lake Tower tour on 3/16

We were at our "home" resort AKL Kidani from 3/13-3/18 and ran into some DVC friends who attended the BLT tour the day before.

My DH was intrested in BLT before is was named a DVC resort and before we "bought in". We stayed at the Contemporary the summer it was being built. So, after hearing about the tour, we called out guide to get a spot on the tour. We wanted to see the resort for ourselves now that it was open. I still LOVE AKL but DH still LOVES BLT.

We bought in '09 two AKL contracts 160/110 for the purpose of giving each to our kids one day. We are needing a 50 point contract to even it out and DH wants 200 BLT for taking my mom (in a wheelchair) and our niece and nephew (ages 2 & 3). We received a resuable DVC bag, a pink DVC lanyard, a DVC notepad, and two pins (not BLT).

We did not buy on property but plan on buying at least 100 BLT points before the summer. They had some good incentives so if you are visiting soon and are interested in an add-on you may want to check it out. We may actually go back for the night to finish some paperwork for our add-on(s) (Still not sure if we are going to finish our 50 AKL points with it).

My DH really liked the resort and it is still his favorite. If I am in Disney, I am a happy girl so why not?! I still will be able to visit my FAVORITE resort for dinner on those BLT trips!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

2. # ADS

Just watched webcast and same incentives were offered that we saw on the BLT tour!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

HI! I believe I my DH and I may have been your DVC friends you spoke with! So you got in for the tour and didn't buy you have much more will power then we did. We ended up doing a 130pt add on at SSR a few hours before ME picked us up.

I think we might be trying BLT out when we go in Dec, that is if we can get availability.

Hope the rest of your vacation was good. It was really nice talking to you guys.

Take care
    Vicki