Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I will miss not going to Disneyland [discount for the disabled]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimreuter View Post
    Please call DLR 714-781-0000 and ask the switchboard to direct you to someone who can help you.
    To save the person who owns that number, the correct number is 714-781-0000.
    Last edited by Andrew; 04-08-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: phone number corrected in quoted material
    Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

typo?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    To save the person who owns that number, the correct number is 714-781-0000.
    Originally Posted by jimreuter
    Please call DLR 714-781-0000 and ask the switchboard to direct you to someone who can help you.
    Isn't "714-781-0000" and 714-781-0000 the same number?
    "It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Blog Entries

I'm sure someone must have adjusted it. It was showing 761 earlier today.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by potzbie View Post
    Isn't "714-781-0000" and 714-781-0000 the same number?
    Since the original post and the correction appeared on different pages, we took the unusual step of editing the original post to correct the phone number.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Last night we had dinner at the Grand California Hotel. Then I walked all the way to the ticket booth to upgrade Mom's pass. I could never pay for my pass if not for monthly payments. Mom's was supposed to be paid with rewards.

We sat for two hours watching people, saw the Electric Parade then went up to the GCH exit and to the valet parking. We had diet Coke and caramel corn but did not eat much. No ride or show but just a parade. She is overweight and the load can be daunting at times but I go to the parks with love in my heart for her and do not care if I never ride a ride. It is her last days on earth and I will give up rides, meals, shows, and what I want to do to make her happy. She was so happy last night.

I do not want a disabled discount. I did not sit in a special disabled section last night. I want equal access and got that last night. I will never want a discount for being disabled. Yes, it is nice to get the free ticket at the Wild Animal Park but I would have gone even if there was no discount.

As a disabled person, I can honestly say Disneyland is exceptionally good at creating a solid experience for people of all ability levels. No, I can't ride many things anymore, but I still thoroughly enjoy every minute in the parks. I'm always grateful for the immersive dark rides, the night shows, the themed restaurants, and so much more!

Beyond all of that, I'm thrilled that I can take my daughters to a place where they can be kids regardless of my abilities. Granted, they're older now, but the memories and the magic continues. While we're there, my daughters don't worry so much about my health. They forget reality for a bit and just let go. I'd pay for that any day of the week.

I understand the OP - that it can feel totally unfair sometimes, but I think Disney goes out of it's way to be as inclusive as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    My theory? If it isn't worth your time/money, don't do it.

Should a blind person get half price since they can't "see" the park? .
    As a blind person my answer to this is no, Disney does one thing that no other park in the world does, or at least I have not found one other park in the world that does this. That is it sensory intergrates there long wait lines and they give people some options with there disabilities (as long as safety is not an issue).

I went to a park one time, paid half price for a disability ticket for a friends young son who had a brain injury (due to poor military housing in Japan), they would not let him on the carosel, or the kiddie boat rides or the slide with his mother. Disney would never have stopped him, from going on the carosel, or Dumbo, or Peter Pan, they would have even accomodated his parents and allowed his w/c on on some rides like Toy Story.

But as a blind individual even if I can not see Disney thru your eyes I can experience something that no other Theme Park has allowed me to experience, first most blind persons have some type of sight, to some degree they have something, and when it comes to Disney shows the GAC allows me to sit up front and it allows me to see shows as if I am looking thru a calidoscope, Alladin is the best show I ever saw, and in some aspects I can see Fantasmic. They also intergrate touch in many lines, like Roger Rabbit and Indiana Jones, touching the stones and felling the tiles and touching the buildings all give me a sense of seeing.

Should I pay less for the millions of dollars Disney put into the park to make it the only Theme park that I can intergrate my other senses into? I don't think so, maybe disabled should pay more?

DL: 3/1993, 2/1994, 11/1995, 8/1996, 6/1998, 11/2002, 11/2003, 1/2006, 1/2007, 6/2007, 2/2009, 12/2009, 8/2010, 9/2012, 8/2014, 1/2015 WDW 3/2008, 2/2011, 5/2013, 3/2014