Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Wolfgang Puck Express

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Wolfgang Puck Express

Anyone else love WPE? I think it's a terrific option at DTD. Imagine my great surprise and delight when walking around Mall of America yesterday, I happened upon....Wolfgang Puck Express! They had the same menu! I am so psyched! I told the kids we could go get a BBQ chicken quesadilla and a trip to the Disney Store to satiate our Disney fever!

Anyone else like the food at WPE? What's your favorite menu item?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

It's not that I don't like it...but we have plenty of them here. So it would be like spending my Disney time at McDonald's. (I think we can agree that is a potentially controversial subject but I know it wouldn't be for me!)

Also a few of ours aren't up to what I think is a reasonable standard.

We do have a Wolfgang Puck Bistro nearby that is well run. It's a little more upscale than the Express restaurants, I suppose. I'm not sure I have a favorite but there is usually something on the specials menu I like and I also like that there is usually a good wine pairing available at a reasonable price. The staff are professional. If I have a little time, it makes for an extra nice shopping experience.

The Wolfgang Puck restaurants used to do a pumpkin ravioli with sage butter. I loved it but I think that's not the "in" thing anymore.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

i LOV IT..

fav food would be the meatball flat bread

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

We have tried both locations of WPE and the TS as well. We like them all. My DH is big into pizza. I like pizza that doesn't have a red sauce as a base and veggie toppings. They do a wonderful job!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Blog Entries

Love it!! The whole family enjoys the food there and we have never been there when it was too crowded.

My favorites:

Belgian Waffles - served with seasonal fresh fruit, maple syrup and whipped cream (I like it with out the fruit though)

Omelets (Served with garlic-roasted potatoes):

Three Cheese, Tomato and Basil - mozzarella, parmesan and creamy goat cheese
    Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese - mozzarella and fontina cheese

Pizza:
    Pepperoni and Mushroom - mozzarella and Grana Padano Paremesan with tomato-basil garlic sauce
    Margherita - tomato-basil garlic sauce, mozzarella and parmesan, Roma tomatoes and fresh basil
    Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Loving my sweet pea.

LOVE it!!! We must eat here once every trip. Soooo good. We love the mushroom pepperoni pizza. Last trip I tried a dish I had read rave reviews about: Rosemary rotisserie chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. Well, the potatoes were gross and the chicken was extremely dry. I usually don't do this, but with the encouragement of my table mates, I asked for a replacement dish. I won't be ordering that again. BUT, it's the only sub par item we've had. I really wish I had one really close to me! And that BBQ quesadilla is amazing! Oh, yum!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Bennette, I didn't realize that it was a chain! Shows how much I know! LOL! I'll report back after we eat there. I'll get something I've had in WDW to properly compare the two.

I really like eating at WPE. Pumpkin ravioli, eh? Sounds intriguing!

(No let's not ressurect the McDonald's broo-ha-ha! LOL!!!!!)

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

We loved Wolfgang's. Last year we were on the quick service dining plan and ate there three times. The food was so much better than getting a burger and fries. My favorite was the meatball pizza!!! the BBQ pizza was really good too!

WDW - '93, '00 (ASM), '02 (ASM), '04 (POP), '06 (CB), '07 (POP), '08 (ASM), '09 (POP), '10 (POP), '11 (POP), '12 (POP)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdelaney_98 View Post
    Bennette, I didn't realize that it was a chain! Shows how much I know! LOL! I'll report back after we eat there. I'll get something I've had in WDW to properly compare the two.

I really like eating at WPE. Pumpkin ravioli, eh? Sounds intriguing!
    Yeah. I *think* the ravioli was on the original menu at his "first" restaurant in L.A., Spago. (Not that I've ever been!)

Even out in the relative boonies of Inland Empire, California, we have had multiple variations of Mr. Puck for a long time, including a Wolfgang Puck Cafe (somewhere between an Express and the Bistro) as far back as 1996.

So I think the ravioli contained pumpkin or squash puree, cheese (ricotta or marscapone?) and was done in a simple sauce of brown butter and lightly fried fresh sage. To die for. Which is an appropriate statement, considering the fat content is likely to kill you!
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

This has never been one of our favorite restaurants. We really like House of Blues.

Bennett...
    I too have had that dish and it was GREAT!

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber

We love it too! Everything I have gotten there has been good. It is an awesome use of QS credits.

Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?