Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Captain EO" begins Cast Member previews on Friday!

"Captain EO" begins Cast Member previews on Friday!

Seems that Captain EO is having a CM preview on Friday, Feburary 12th, from 3.30 to 4.30 PM. Hopefully this means the attraction is getting closer to opening to Guests!

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!
    http://www.nametagmuseum.com/

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

From what I've been able to gather from the people I've talked with at Disney, the cast previews are intended to test a very specific piece of the show effects, but that the complete show is not yet ready for public viewing. While a lot of people are speculating that there will be public soft openings, I've been told the attraction isn't staffed for that this weekend, and that an official opening date can't be announced until after this test.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thanks for the update - keeping fingers crossed but expectations low for a soft opening next week during our visit!

my lead today told me that Captain EO may not open til 2011, and that the CM preview is just to check the video.

Im pretty sure she is wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Da Man View Post
    my lead today told me that Captain EO may not open til 2011, and that the CM preview is just to check the video.

I think we have a motto around here that CMs are founts of misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by The old man View Post
    I think we have a motto around here that CMs are founts of misinformation.
    I am a CM, and I dont appreciate the dig at me or the rest of my fellow CM's.

Tower of Terror is the best

Im sure they want Captain EO to be by summer

BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

I am a CM, and I dont appreciate the dig at me or the rest of my fellow CM's.
    We know not all cast members give misinformation. There are however cast members who will sit there and say things without really knowing the truth, just to make themselves look like they are in the know. There are the ones who really do know things though before other people do, and they are usually pretty tight lipped about things.

Number of visits to Disneyland 36

Quote Originally Posted by kfreak View Post
    We know not all cast members give misinformation. There are however cast members who will sit there and say things without really knowing the truth, just to make themselves look like they are in the know. There are the ones who really do know things though before other people do, and they are usually pretty tight lipped about things.
    Yea I definitely agree. But I dont appreciate the personal knock from someone I dont even know.

Bah. WDI was testing to see if the moving floor effect could be properly synced with the EO film. EO will definitely open within the next month or so, probably in time for the spring break crowds.

I cannot even wait!

Yea I definitely agree. But I dont appreciate the personal knock from someone I dont even know.
    Pretty obvious it wasn't a "personal" knock when it was referring to your quote about "your lead."

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i don't think it was a personal knock. He referenced something that happens a lot - where a pad poster says they spoke to a CM who claimed to have the correct information - only to find out it was incorrect. Happens all the time regardless of who the CM was - so it's not personal.

Sometimes CMs have the right info and sometimes they don't. Happens in regular businesses too - Disneyland is not unique.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

either way, the preview is at 3:30 today and my shift starts at 3:30, so I can't make it

DLR -> WDW Cast Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfreak View Post
    Same could be said about DFs and APs and the like too.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P

The Return of Captin EO

Any word on when this will open?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I've merged your thread with an existing one.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Same could be said about DFs and APs and the like too.
    I don't know what a DF is, and while I'll agree that APs and others can claim to know a lot as well, they're not in a position where it's their job to give out information or where they can claim that because they work there, they know better than someone who doesn't, which is the position that some CMs seem to take. Ummm, no, that's not necessarily true.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I don't know what a DF is, and while I'll agree that APs and others can claim to know a lot as well, they're not in a position where it's their job to give out information or where they can claim that because they work there, they know better than someone who doesn't, which is the position that some CMs seem to take. Ummm, no, that's not necessarily true.
    DF = Disney Fundamentalist

It's a term coined by the Disney Podcast Network, in particular MiceCast.

Basically a person who holds everything Disney to be sacred, almost godlike, down to the smallest detail. And when something is changed by Disney, they are the first to complain and are often the most vocal about it. They also know the most obscure minutae about everything Disney. A DF will also have an exhaustive collection of Disney memorabilia, in one or many forms.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post

Basically a person who holds everything Disney to be sacred, almost godlike, down to the smallest detail. And when something is changed by Disney, they are the first to complain and are often the most vocal about it. They also know the most obscure minutae about everything Disney. A DF will also have an exhaustive collection of Disney memorabilia, in one or many forms.
    Sounds like a lot of old-time CMs I know.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

[QUOTE=Sosai X;1507071]DF = Disney Fundamentalist
    QUOTE]

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    DF = Disney Fundamentalist

It's a term coined by the Disney Podcast Network, in particular MiceCast.

Are these the people who walk around with clipboards taking notes on everything they don't like, so they'll be fully prepared to vomit it all back at the next CM who smiles at them? Or do they have another name?

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    Are these the people who walk around with clipboards taking notes on everything they don't like, so they'll be fully prepared to vomit it all back at the next CM who smiles at them? Or do they have another name?
    No, thats definitely them.... lol

Could we get back on topic, please? I'm waiting to hear about the cast member preview and how it went!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    I'm waiting to hear about the cast member preview and how it went!
    Cast members were specifically warned that they were not to post about their experiences, so it's unlikely that we'll see anything from any CM who thinks they can be identified.

As always, with these opportunities comes the responsibility to adhere to our Company's policies and guidelines on proprietary information and intellectual property [snip] so please don't share your experiences with others, on the blogs or anywhere else.
    AVP