Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 16

Wishes he could be watching Wishes. RunninDisney's Avatar

The Amazing Race 16

Starts Sunday, Feb. 14th!!!!!!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
    -1 Corinthians 9:24

2. # ADS

Disneyland Regular

Just saw the premier episode, and I swear this was the biggest festival of fools I have ever seen. So many stupid mistakes by several teams.

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytebear View Post
    Just saw the premier episode, and I swear this was the biggest festival of fools I have ever seen. So many stupid mistakes by several teams.
    My thoughts exactly. Seriously, they need to drill "read everything, assume nothing" into these racers. Has there been an episode with this many stupid errors?!?

Tony said "if the Amazing Producers persist with stunt casting, could they at least select a few more teams with brains?"

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Let's get brazillian currency and then book tickets for China!

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Lots of mistakes!!

They never showed us how they rectified the situation with the girl and her father who painted a totally wrong place!! Did they incur a penalty for doing that? Seems to me they would, especially since they were supposed to find a painter with the next clue and all.

I thought it was interesting to make them all take public transporation to get to LAX! You'd have thought they were in a foreign country. And then the first flight has problems, so everybody's on the same plane together?! I wonder if they're going to have special lines at other airports in the weeks to come.

I was also surprised that tonite's Premiere was only 1 hour. I thought they're usually 2 hours for the first one, then 1 hour shows for the rest, until they get to the end.

Not sure who I'll be cheering on this time around, but maybe I'll have a better idea of it next week.

Karen W2

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, since the father/daughter team finally did do the task, I doubt there was a penalty. But definitely a case where it would have been good to know a few phrases in a non-English language!

I think I'm cheering for the Granddaughter/Grandmother team -but hope they can make up some time!

It also seemed like a short-on-content episode. No challenge where they had to select one of two things?

Cathy

Disneyland Regular

A friend commented on how they chose that really ditzy beauty queen, and I just said, in the world of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Have not picked our fave's yet, but if I hear "Snap" one more time, i'll know who not to root for.

I like the cops, and the Father/daughter team, and the Grandma/Granddaughter team as well.

Seriously, can we please just once have a season where the majority of the contestants have NOT already been on TV?

"um, the Iraq, such as..."

FAIL.

These people need to play a few MouseAdventures before they get to race. Read everything, assume nothing...

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    but if I hear "Snap" one more time, i'll know who not to root for.
    Meee tooo!!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Even though it's just one episode so far, I'm rooting for the grandmother/granddaughter and the father/daughter teams. I rooting against the straight/gay brothers. The others I don't really care either way.

2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

I don't watch Big Brother, so I really don't like the synergy angle they're trying to work by casting people from that show.

And I agree, what a carnival of errors on the first episode. Holy cow.

Blog Entries

I'm just not feeling this season so far. Though last week's episode with the cowboys and the bus at least showed that asking the right question is a good thing!

I'm going to be cryptic because I'm not sure if it's done showing on the West coast - but still going to put it in spoilers just in case I'm not as clever as I think I am

I think they chose the practice equipment instead of the actual equipment for safety reasons - but it looks like some still had some safety concerns with the practice equipment!
    Cathy

Are you talking about the wooden "polo ponies"??

If that's what you were referring to (I found your "spoiler" to be a bit cryptic), I was surprised at what a hard time some of them had with that.

I also couldn't believe that some teams didn't read the clues well enough to know when they finished with the other choice, they were supposed to bring the bags to the STATION, not the railroad tracks, and show them to the head guy there. It didn't seem like the compass on the guy's watch helped him at all! I was wondering if they were going to be penalized for using that, instead of counting their steps, like the instructions said, but I guess they didn't, since they didn't show Phil saying anything to them about it.

I kinda agree with you, about not being really excited this time out. I'm kinda rooting for the dad and daughter team, but only since they're from a nearby town, but they don't get very much camera time and don't seem to be doing anything exciting, when you do get to see them. I thought the "condor" choice for the challenge last week was really LAME and was surprised anyone chose that, since it involved them having to get into ice cold water and end up freezing!!

Maybe it'll be better next week, when they go to Hamburg! At least it's a place I've been to, so I'll definitely be watching for some familiar things. It seemed like they spent a really long time in South America so far.

Do you think they'll ever use the word "candlelabra" again?

Karen W2

Blog Entries

Yes, Karen, that's what I was referring to. I liked the Cowboy's reaction to not getting to ride actual horses - and the one saying he wouldn't live it down on needing 2 tries to rope the bale of hay.

They're kind of growing on me, and I usually like the multi-generation and sibling teams a lot more than the dating teams, so I'm with you on the father/daughter team (and you're right, they're not being stupid, so they're not getting much air time!)

Oh goodness - the two blond girls (on different teams) - can you imagine if either of them gets hit with a hard word like candelabra!? One didn't know what a baker's dozen was, either.

And PEOPLE! If you're going to be on Amazing Race (even if you just get past the first screening) it's time to learn how to drive a stick well - and time to learn how to swim safely!

Cathy

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    And PEOPLE! If you're going to be on Amazing Race (even if you just get past the first screening) it's time to learn how to drive a stick well - and time to learn how to swim safely!
    No freaking kidding!

Jordan (Baker's dozen) was the same way on Big Brother. She has very little common sense but actually did well in the memory and logic games. Go figure.

I am liking the Cowboys and the Father Daughter team. I enjoy Jeff and Jordan but I have the BB history with them!
    Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

Jordan and Caite are vying for stupidest person on the Race.

"Bus... bus... take us there."
    "San Jose. H-O-S-E"

Blog Entries

AVP's sig line reminded me...
    Did anyone else who did the Epcot MA think of that as they were watching the episode? I really did at the time, and WAS glad we didn't have to wash it down with that huge boot of beer, because even splitting it between the two of us, I don't think we would have been thinking too logically after! (But the only people who said the beer was bad were non-beer drinkers, so hopefully it was a decent beer.)

And isn't it a little early for a non-elimination leg?

Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    AVP's sig line reminded me...
    Did anyone else who did the Epcot MA think of that as they were watching the episode? I really did at the time, and WAS glad we didn't have to wash it down with that huge boot of beer, because even splitting it between the two of us, I don't think we would have been thinking too logically after!
    Aren't you glad we didn't make you wolf it down before the polka ended?
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Aren't you glad we didn't make you wolf it down before the polka ended?
    And yet, only one team had issues with that part!
    Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    And yet, only one team had issues with that part!
    Yeah, but I think the MA teams would have hated it.
    Hakuna Matata

And isn't it a little early for a non-elimination leg?
    I was thinking the same thing. It makes me wonder how much the producers rig things. I am sure CBS wants to keep Jordan and Jeff around for cross-promotion purposes. Same reason The Bachlor is now on Dancing with the Stars.
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppypooh View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It makes me wonder how much the producers rig things. I am sure CBS wants to keep Jordan and Jeff around for cross-promotion purposes. Same reason The Bachlor is now on Dancing with the Stars.
    I thought the same thing. Jeff and Jordan were fan favorites on BB and they didn't want them to go so early. I totally think it was rigged.
    Why do people go on The Amazing Race without bothering to learn how to drive a stick shift?

MousePad Subscriber

I know it is the game, and I think the cops were smart to do it, but I felt bad for Joe and Heidi. I didn't even particularly like them, but what a bad way to go out.

I am really liking the dad/ daughter team, cops, and cowboys! I think the models are not long for the game. They just keep making too many dumb mistakes.

Blog Entries

I agree. At least they realized it was 'part of the game' and didn't take it personally.

But what a lame leg.
    They stayed in one general area of France. It was only one day. Nothing that only one team member had to do. One VERY expensive task (all those planes and explosives for how long?!). And they gave an adjective about the bike segment implying it would be hard or something - yet they never showed anything about it being hard.

The only thing I liked about this leg that's bothered me at times on this show is that there wasn't a 'bunching' point (limited hours on an area, bus or plane not leaving for 6 hours, etc). Though I suppose if the last team had been late enough the bakery would have been closed for the day.

I also liked the subtitles they added when one of the teams was leaving the bakery. You could NOT tell what she was saying with her mouth full of bread, so they just had subtitles of ??????

Cathy