Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steakhouse 55

Steakhouse 55

While reading the Disneyland Update this week, I saw that there was a rumor about Steakhouse 55 only being open on the weekends in the slower months. We have a PS for Tuesday Feb. 2nd (our anniversary). I was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into the butter tender filet. Has anyone heard anything more on this rumor?

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I heard this too....call Disney Dining they would know for sure

The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The schedule seems to change every week - one week it was closed entirely Monday - Thursday, the next week it was also open [for dinner only] on Thursday. They seem to be writing the operating schedule based on the occupancy and demographic mix (vacationers vs. APs vs. convention-goers) of the DLH, so there's no predictable pattern.

If you have PSs for 2/2, I would call to confirm them. When a restaurant closes, the Dine Line is supposed to call people to offer alternatives, but they may not do that for another week or so.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

If that doesn't work out and they are closed --- bye the way I love that place and your right the steaks...good...but even their breakfast is great.... anyway if they are closed try Napa Rose in the Grand California Hotel... Good lucky hope they are open for your special dinner...

Thanks everyone. I will call Disney dining to confirm. Regardless where we eat we will have a great time! Can't wait!

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

Well I called Disney dining, and they said that yes Steakhouse 55 would be closed during the week in February. I asked her if any other restaurants would be closed, she said the Wine Country Trattoria would only be open on weekends as well. So.... I went for my next choice Blue Bayou, she pulled it up, and oh..... looks like they will be closed during the week in February! She said for refurbishments, but they will be open on the weekends. Geez, what to do?? We were really looking forward to a good steak. Any suggestions for a good steak in the area?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disney4iv View Post
    We were really looking forward to a good steak. Any suggestions for a good steak in the area?
    If you don't have to be inside one of the parks, Catal Restaurant in Downtown Disney does good steak and prime rib and has other things on their menu as well. Not as fancy or expensive as Napa Rose, but I love the place.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

Storytellers?

Planning 3 trips at once...

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

a friend of mine found out recently (while trying to make PS) that Hook's Pointe and Steakhouse 55 are alternating being open--we wanted to go to Hook's Point next Friday but they aren't going to be open (so we're going to Storyteller's instead).

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

I would recommend Hook's Pointe for great steaks. I love their steaks.
    Peninsula Grill
    New York Steak with succulent shrimp skewers served with garlic smashed potatoes - $31.99

Napa Rose is about $60 to $70 a person with no wine or dessert. Their beef is excellent and Mom and I tried both.

The steak at Plaza Inn is a great meal for park food but you might get medium with red on the meat. It is not like Napa Rose but they do use Montreal spice blend and Dijon mustard.

I used to eat a lot at PCH Grill and they have great food including steaks.

I have not had dinner at Storyteller's this past year but they do have good food. They have a dinner buffet and ordering off the regular menu.

New York Strip
    with Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Demi-glace topped with Crispy Leeks - $28.99

Thanks Mechurchlady! I will have to check with the hubby and see which one he would like to try.

Have you considered going offsite?

If you have a car there are a number of good places within a short drive. My favorite steak house is The North Woods Inn in La Mirada. It's right off I-5 at Valley View just 10 minutes from Disneyland.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Blog Entries

Napa Rose is wonderful and one of the highest rated in Orange County.... inside Grand California Hotel/Resort....Storyteller is right next door to Napa Rose check and see about their steaks...their buffet is always good and has usually some type of beef...prim-rib....

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you want to stay on property - I agree with cstephens. Catal. Offsite, I believe there is a Ruth's Chris down the street on Harbor, and further down near Chapman there is an outback - but I realize that's more of a regular selection you might get in your neighborhood.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Offsite, I believe there is a Ruth's Chris down the street on Harbor, and further down near Chapman there is an outback - but I realize that's more of a regular selection you might get in your neighborhood.
    If someone were going off-site and had a car, I'd second going to North Woods Inn instead. I love them (food, ambiance and decor) and am not a fan of Ruth's Chris or Outback.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

We will have our vehicle with us, and have no problems going off site. I will look into North Woods. Thanks everyone!

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTiger View Post
    If you have a car there are a number of good places within a short drive. My favorite steak house is The North Woods Inn in La Mirada. It's right off I-5 at Valley View just 10 minutes from Disneyland.
    The other "high-end" steak choices if you have a car are Morton's (it's a national chain--very good steaks--I know there is one in Santa Ana and I think there is one in Anaheim) or maybe take a drive down to Newport Beach and go to Fleming's (very nice--beautiful area--great wine list).
    "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Steakhouses nearby

These are all within the "Resort" Area:
    There's a Morton's on the West side of Harbor less than 1/4 mile south of Katella.
    The Ruth's Chris is just about 1/4 mile south of Katella and also on the west side of Harbor. If driving, be aware they have Valet parking.
    Both of these steakhouses are excellent.
    McCormick & Schmidts(?spelling) is in the Gardenwalk and they have an impressive menu that has selections of steaks and seafood.
    Napa Rose is not really a steakhouse and the beef offerings are VERY limited and selective (usually no more than a couple items).
    I have not been impressed with Catal.
    The Marriott on Convention Way (about 1/4 mile south of Katella off Harbor) has a very good steakhouse, J.W.'s.
    I hope this has been useful

Smile Another vote for North Woods Inn from me!!

Yes, if you have a car, you definitely have to try North Woods Inn! It's one of our all-time favorite places to eat. Definitely casual dining, peanuts on the floor, two great salads, cheese bread, etc.

The exterior and interior definitely give you the feel of a warm and cozy inn, where you escape the winter snow to get a great meal. I think the architect who designed the restaurant may have also done the "Alpine Inn" motel that's outside of the Disneyland Resort. It definitely has the same feel outside!!

Check out the Alpine Inn's exterior and see if you agree: http://www.alpineinnanaheim.com/

Here's a link to some info on it: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/northwoods/lm.php

With today's weather being so drizzly and rainy, I could definitely go for a great meal here today!!

Karen W2

Quote Originally Posted by KarenW2 View Post
    Yes, if you have a car, you definitely have to try North Woods Inn! It's one of our all-time favorite places to eat. Definitely casual dining, peanuts on the floor, two great salads, cheese bread, etc.

The exterior and interior definitely give you the feel of a warm and cozy inn, where you escape the winter snow to get a great meal. I think the architect who designed the restaurant may have also done the "Alpine Inn" motel that's outside of the Disneyland Resort. It definitely has the same feel outside!!

Check out the Alpine Inn's exterior and see if you agree: http://www.alpineinnanaheim.com/

Here's a link to some info on it: http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/northwoods/lm.php

With today's weather being so drizzly and rainy, I could definitely go for a great meal here today!!
    They do have a resemblance don't they. I am thinking we might have to check that one out. Thanks for the link, by the way.

Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks so much!

I made a Saturday reservation for Steakhouse 55 -- but I assume I should confirm it ahead of time anyway, to make sure it's going to be open right? Also -- and admittedly this is probably a weird question -- but do you think the quality of the restaurant is going to suffer with so many schedule changes? And with the staff not knowing how many hours they'll be working, etc? We're going here for a special birthday dinner. I'm getting a little worried.

Blog Entries

Ooh! Another vote for North Woods Inn! I never realized it was that close to Disneyland!

You can find the chain steak houses anywhere.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Looks like we are going to try North Woods! Does anyone know if we need to make a reservation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    I made a Saturday reservation for Steakhouse 55 -- but I assume I should confirm it ahead of time anyway, to make sure it's going to be open right? Also -- and admittedly this is probably a weird question -- but do you think the quality of the restaurant is going to suffer with so many schedule changes? And with the staff not knowing how many hours they'll be working, etc? We're going here for a special birthday dinner. I'm getting a little worried.
    They told me that they would be open on the weedends, but I would confirm, just in case. Good luck! I was a little bummed that our PS was cancelled, but what can you do?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disney4iv View Post
    Looks like we are going to try North Woods! Does anyone know if we need to make a reservation?
    North Woods Inn doesn't take reservations. It can be crowded sometimes, but there's a bar area where you can wait, and they bring you peanuts. Just throw the shells on the floor like the signs say.

BTW, in case you're interested, I have a review posted of the restaurant.