Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney hotel prices in February

Disney hotel prices in February

Is it me, am I not checking the right online sources, or is it Disney?! I checked prices for the 3 Disney hotels on the weekends of 2/20 and 2/27 -- and the cheapest rate I found was $240 at Paradise Pier from Expedia. All other sites, including Disney, had the rack rate of $290. I feel like I'm missing something, like surely, in February -- the hotel rates should be a bit less?

2. # ADS

♥ Disney Lover ♥ Jenasweetemotion's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of things going on at the convention center but during that time http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm but I am not sure of the attendance during that time. Even with an Annual Pass the rate is $225 for Paradise Pier Standard room. Hopefully some else might know.

“Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard.” -Pooh

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Mom wants another trip and if you check the rates go up in February for the whole month and only one time do they drop back down. I tried AP rates and for the first week I can get DLH and PPH rooms for $150 but then zoom they go up $100 a night or more.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    I tried AP rates and for the first week I can get DLH and PPH rooms for $150 but then zoom they go up $100 a night or more.
    Oh, we don't have APs. I didn't realize that APs could make such a huge difference. So the first week of February, the AP room rates are quite reasonable . . . considering the regular (cheapest) rate is $290 online. Wow. All right. I guess it's another stay at the Marriott Suites for $115.

is it just me or did i miss a message somewhere. I tried both today and yesterday, two different computers to access the AP hotel availability calendar and get an Internet Explorer cannot display message, what is happening.....

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwhite7 View Post
    is it just me or did i miss a message somewhere. I tried both today and yesterday, two different computers to access the AP hotel availability calendar and get an Internet Explorer cannot display message, what is happening.....
    Its just you...LOL!
    Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

Blog Entries

I can't access it either.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBO View Post
    Its just you...LOL!
    That's what Tom says too....
    Are you guys thinking about going in May with us?

That's what Tom says too....
    Are you guys thinking about going in May with us?

Wellllll, that Sat is a blackout day for 3 of our AP's so maybe Jen may be joining you while the girls and I look through the gates...
    Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBO View Post
    Wellllll, that Sat is a blackout day for 3 of our AP's so maybe Jen may be joining you while the girls and I look through the gates...
    sign up for the volunteer/day and get the ticket and use it on that Saturday? or meet us on sunday for mother's day....

AP calendar is up and running again.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    AP calendar is up and running again.
    thanks and there goes any hope of a stay at DLH. I can afford barely February in the second week but it is still too close to the holidays. I will talk to Mom. It goes up from $300 for two nights to $500 which is what we paid for three nights last September.

I just booked 2 nights at the DLH 2/25 & 2/26 using the Winter Hotel Promotion since no AP rates and got $406 total for the two nights. The Winter promo is for 2 nights or more.

I just booked the GCH for the Tinkerteen's birthday trip Feb. 6 & 7. I got it for $213, which was less expensive than either the PPH or the DLH.

We usually stay two nights at the DLH, but we had such an unpleasant experience there on last year's birthday trip that neither of us wants to go back yet.

Now I just have to come up with something fun to do for her birthday while we're there...

To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

tinkermommy, your signature tag made me lol

heather

Next Run: Princess Half
    Next Disney trip: Disney World Feb 18-23

Hotel Rate Averages for 1st Quarter of 2010

So we were planning a trip over the weekend and I had some time so I did some analysis.

I went on line and chose 4 hotels. I then started checking room rates for 3 months starting in the middle of January. I then averaged the cheapest available room rate for each one for a week from Sunday - Saturday.

I then made a graph. You can see the AZ spring break and then a gap and then CA spring breaks, esspecially with the HoJos rates. They are all booked up for both spring breaks.

Take it for what it's worth. Use the link below to view it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46460556@N08/4271016489/

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

I know there's a winter promo happening now -- but we can't stay 2 nights. So it doesn't really help me out. We changed our date from February to the weekend of March 14th. The rates are the same though -- basically the lowest price at Disney is $290 for Paradise Pier. So we booked the Fairfield Inn for $142 (AAA). They charge $5 parking. The Marriott Suites was $115 during February, but goes up to $210 (or close to that) for March 14th for some reason. Their parking is $12 per day. I didn't think spring break started for anyone during mid-March, but maybe I'm wrong? A friend of mine booked the winter Disney promo -- 2 nights at the DLH hotel - -but is hoping to cancel one of the nights. I doubt she'll get the 1 night for the lower rate, though. They'll probably bump her up to the regular room rate for 1 night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansarc View Post
    I know there's a winter promo happening now -- but we can't stay 2 nights. So it doesn't really help me out. We changed our date from February to the weekend of March 14th. The rates are the same though -- basically the lowest price at Disney is $290 for Paradise Pier. So we booked the Fairfield Inn for $142 (AAA). They charge $5 parking. The Marriott Suites was $115 during February, but goes up to $210 (or close to that) for March 14th for some reason. Their parking is $12 per day. I didn't think spring break started for anyone during mid-March, but maybe I'm wrong? A friend of mine booked the winter Disney promo -- 2 nights at the DLH hotel - -but is hoping to cancel one of the nights. I doubt she'll get the 1 night for the lower rate, though. They'll probably bump her up to the regular room rate for 1 night.
    March 13th is the start of AZ Spring Break, thus the jump in cost
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Sansarc, Don't forget to keep watching the other travel websites (travelocity, orbitz, etc) weekly (best time is midweek) to see if they have a lower rate than the current one on the Marriott website. My husband kept watching and got our room at the Fairfield Inn for $65/night in February. We had reserved the room on the Marriott website for $119, he found it on a travel site for $90 (I think)...so he, filled out the Price Match Guarantee form on the Marriott website and after they verified, we got the room at 25% less than the travle site price. It's saving us over $300!
    heather

Really? I didn't know that -- I'll check the other sites, but I didn't know Marriott would match anything. That is very cool. Thanks for the tip.

Really? I didn't know that -- I'll check the other sites, but I didn't know Marriott would match anything. That is very cool. Thanks for the tip.
    i learned it from someone else on here...just passing it on
    heather

Blog Entries
    I do it very often. I generally look on expedia, then check Marriot, if Marriot is more expensive, book it, then give them Expedia.com, and they will give you 25% off the Expedia price.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

i thought it was you mal thanks again

heather