Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 4star Hotel in Orange/ Garden Grove

4star Hotel in Orange/ Garden Grove

on priceline for $60 per night.
    Any idea which it might be???

2. # ADS

What I have gotten on Priceline for 3.5 stars and up in Garden Grove area is the Hyatt Regency and Crowne Plaza. Of the two, I much prefer the Hyatt Regency. Nicer staff, better hotel accommodations, etc. Both are on the ART shuttle route but the Hyatt has a free shuttle! Also a Starbucks and Pizza Hut in the lobby....

Good luck--let us know what hotel you got!

I thought 4 stars was Hyatt. ?????

If you want Hyatt, you can go directly to the hotel website, they have a handyman special for $69 a nite and Costco has buy $80 in gift cards and get $100 for Hyatt. No prepay like Priceline, but a $20 cancellation fee.
    Parking is around $15 at Hyatt. Also, if you prepay there, you can get a hotel voucher for $25 a night for various things, maybe you can use it for their breakfast buffet or a fridg.

Blog Entries

It IS the Hyatt. They have recently given it a fourth star and it is the only 4 star on their list. So if you narrow it to the Anaheim Garden Grove area and select 4 star or above, that's what you should get, unless it's sold out.

I love the Hyatt. It is my Disney favorite property. I usually bid starting at 42 and going up to 50. If I'm in a hurry, I start right at $50.

Yes, there is parking. But it's still a great rate over all for great rooms on a great property (yes, the shuttle is pretty great, too).

You can check reviews on this site or Trip Advisor.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Oh, I didn't know that the Hyatt was upgraded to 4 stars! Good to know--I also enjoy staying at this hotel.

Blog Entries

Now, be sure that if you bid too low and they ask if you want to move your ranking to three and a half stars--move it to the Disney adjacent area only (i.e., take off Garden Grove/Orange as an option and change it to the immediate to Disney area). Otherwise they'll potentially put you in a three and a half stars further away. They are nice places and I think they all have shuttles but for me, if I can't get the Hyatt, I want one of the convention center three and a half star properties

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Thanks for that bennette. I wasn't happy to change my criteria and lose the parameters I'd set up - like moving to 3.5 stars. GREAT advice!!
    What would come up as the 4star in the immediate Disney area??

Blog Entries

Nothing. There isn't one. That's why they ask you about moving to 3 and a half stars and if you aren't paying attention, you'll end up at a 3 and a half in Orange or Garden Grove.

Disney immediate area three and a half star properties are usually the Hilton, the Sheraton, the Crown Plaza, or the Marriott. All near the convention center. Maybe the Doubletree? It changes every now and again. I've had everything but the Crown Plaza and been happy at all.

But now that the Hyatt is a 4 star, I'm not going back if I can help it!

Technically the Disneyland Hotel and California Grand are probably 4 or 5 stars but they won't come up on the name your own price option. Or at least if they do, I've never seen it.

Wow what great pointers! Thanks so much everyone!!
    Until recently, I had never used Hotwire or Priceline but am happy with booking so far with our SoCal trip in April. I am hoping to score with Disney accom too!
    I am scouring these boards for good advice

Isn't the Hyatt being renovated right now? I checked their web site a few weeks ago, and the rates were lower due to renovations. Part of the rooms have already been completely renovated, but not all. I don't think the pool or gym are available either. Has anyone stayed here recently and knows? Does the constructions interfere with your stay?

Blog Entries

You might check Trip Advisor for recent reports.

Some folks report being near construction; some don't. I don't note much in the way of problems.

There are two pools; usually one is kept open during renovation. But if you need to be sure, I'd call the hotel and ask what is scheduled around the dates of your stay.

I find them to have outstanding staff so you should not have trouble getting answers to your questions.

I was there during their last renovation and had no problems (and I'm picky) but that's not to say you would have the same experience.