Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Spent an hour at Disney Village

Spent an hour at Disney Village

This wasn't much of a "trip" but I thought I would post it.

My husband and I were in Paris for two days in October. We didn't really have enough time to do a real Disneyland Paris trip, but he knows how much I love all things Disney so he suggested that we ride the train out and just shop a little at Disney Village. So that is what we did. We rode the train out and it dead ends right at Disneyland Paris. It was a rainy day and we got there about 5:30 pm. Right when we stepped off the train the rain stopped and it was cool, but okay with a jacket. I, of course, decided that the clear skies were my own personal "Disney magic" for the day. Magic Kingdom closed at 6:00 that day and HS closed at 7:00. All the parks are very close together so we watched the people leave the Magic Kingdom and head over to the last hour of MK. How I wished we had time to go check it all out, but it was fine just to get a quick peak. Not too many people....the weather really wasn't that great and it was a weekday. We shopped around a little and bought some souvenirs for our kids. We got some Disneyland Paris pins for them to put on their lanyards. We took some pictures and got a ice cream treat at McDonald's.

We laughed as we noticed that just like WDW we could tell which families had been there awhile and which ones were just starting their vacation. There were kids happy and kids screaming...we felt right at home!

There is a Wild Wild West show that occurs every night (I believe). There was a Rainforest Cafe, McDonald's, and a restaurant that said it was a Country Western Saloon (can't remember the name). They had some vintage American cars sitting around and of course a few merchandise store. It is not as large as Downtown Disney, but still it was Disney and I enjoyed it. Cast members were ready to help and very friendly. As stated before, not many people at all. It was a sweet little Disney side trip.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    It is not as large as Downtown Disney, but still it was Disney and I enjoyed it.
    Are you comparing to DTD in California or Florida?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Are you comparing to DTD in California or Florida?
    Florida.