Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rude cast members, snotty Grand California Employee

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Every time I enter the parking garage they scan my AP and then hand me a piece of card stock that has my AP number on it. Maybe the system was not working but a CM normally just swipes the card in teh machine.

CMs are people and I feel that while mis worded in some way taht this is being blown out of proportion. I feel the CM was trying to convey that the AP was only a deluxe thus blocked out and not "yuk you have one of them inferior AP as Premium is the only kind to have". The English language has many nuances and multiple meanings so that what seems bad is not so bad..

2. # ADS

You can always check Disneyland's website for blockout days. When I got my AP I remember them giving me a paper with the dates on it, I put it in my Disneyland wallet.

I figure everyone has bad days and not everyone is going to be the super chipper Disney visioned person we expect.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Well, they sell a thousand or so black out tickets a day I've been told. But, did they charge you for parking?

You are right, the cast member should have simply informed you your were blocked out and explained you would need a block out ticket and where to buy one.
    Last summer when we went with some relatives who live in southern California and consequently had so-cal APs, we had a very positive blackout day experience. We were planning to purchase the blackout tickets for them, and the CM in the ticket booth cheerfully explained that she would apply the cost of the blackout ticket to upgrade their so-cal APs! That possibility had not even occurred to us and came as a pleasant surprise.

So I agree there was no reason for the cast member to have been rude. They could have politely explained that a blackout ticket was needed and maybe even suggested applying the cost of the blackout ticket to upgrading the AP.

Good help is so hard to find!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I'm not assuming anything, and you seem to have missed the multiple people who have posted that since you were blocked out from the parks that day, your parking pass was also not good that day. Just because you purchased parking on your deluxe pass doesn't mean that you can park at the structure any time you want to. The parking portion of your pass is only good on days when your pass is good in the parks, so even if you just wanted to wander around Downtown Disney, your pass wouldn't allow you to park in the structure. Even if the "P" on your pass was flashing neon purple, that wouldn't have made a difference. The CM didn't charge you parking, but he/she should have.

So you're saying she's rude and her behaviour was rude, and her entire demeanor and attitude was rude, solely because she used the word "only"? I agree that it was unnecessary to include that word, but your reaction seems extreme to me just because she used one extraneous word.

If nothing else, I guess that means you'll know better next time to make sure you're not blacked out before heading to the resort.

I didnt purchase parking. But the point is not in the logistical issues, it was more how we were treated by the cast member. I take full responsibility in the fact that we were black out. THE ISSUE HERE IS THE how and not the what. The How: Cast member was over the top, rude, arrogant , words cannot express how bad she was.

Anyways this will be my last post as, you had to have been there to seen what really happened, this issue is not about parking or black out days, its about being treated respectfully, and with decency.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yazooo View Post
    The How: Cast member was over the top, rude, arrogant , words cannot express how bad she was.

Anyways this will be my last post as, you had to have been there to seen what really happened
    I've asked twice now for you to tell us exactly what happened, what she said, what she did, what she was like, to help us see and feel what it was that you experienced, and you haven't been very forthcoming about it. The little bit that you posted doesn't seem bad to me.

But hopefully, your next visit to the resort will be better.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I've asked twice now for you to tell us exactly what happened,.
    If it was in the tone and attitude it would be really hard to explain further "exactly" what made the CM seems so rude to the OP.

Tone and body language can say so much more than just the words.

Whether the CM meant to be rude or not, I am sorry they seemed so rude to you, yazooo.

I always wonder why the folks at the parking lot don't just tell you, you don't have access to the park today. Instead of having to lug your family through the long walk to the entrance, only to find out you cant get in.
    I guess I'm at a loss after reading the whole thread. I always wonder how people can buy a pass & NOT know the block out dates & I'm doing my best to convey this in a respectful manner & not my normal sarcastic tones. Seriously.

I don't see it as a CM's job to remind me my pass is blocked out. But that's just me & I'm learning we all have quite a different take on stuff.

Rudeness is a big bummer. I know it happens. I have only had one rude CM in 6 annual visits. I told city hall about it & that's it. I never understand what purpose it does to complain on a website about it.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I can't imagine how this one CM would make you NOT renew. I was mad enough at our rude CM to make a complaint but certainly he didn't ruin our trip or future visits. If I stopped going to or shopping at places every time someone was rude (on purpose or not), I'd never leave my house. I wouldn't even be able to visit forums

Blog Entries
    The How: Cast member was over the top, rude, arrogant , words cannot express how bad she was.
    You filed a complaint, so you should receive a call in 48 hours to further explain. You also could have filed a complaint at Guest Relations while you were on site. What you have expressed here really doesn't come across as rude, but like you said, tone is everything. I would also have asked for her lead, but that is me. In all our visits this year, I really cannot remember a rude cast member. And don't remember any "snotty" ones ever. And only a couple "less than helpful" ones. For us, they are always going out of their way. I am sorry you had a bad day, and hope the fact you were suddenly blocked out didn't color your experience.

And I am very surprised you got to park for free!!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by aznewsboy View Post
    If I stopped going to or shopping at places every time someone was rude (on purpose or not), I'd never leave my house. I wouldn't even be able to visit forums
    LOL! no kidding. Besides letting a rude person more or less run you off from something you enjoy is sort of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

When we went to the park last night, I noticed they actually DID have blackout info in the lines up to the parking structure. Every other sign had the hours for the parks, while the others all listed what passes were blacked out, if any. I should have taken a picture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty Omi View Post
    When we went to the park last night, I noticed they actually DID have blackout info in the lines up to the parking structure. Every other sign had the hours for the parks, while the others all listed what passes were blacked out, if any. I should have taken a picture.
    So as you pulled in, you could see if you were blacked out? That is a good improvement!
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I didnt purchase parking. But the point is not in the logistical issues, it was more how we were treated by the cast member. I take full responsibility in the fact that we were black out. THE ISSUE HERE IS THE how and not the what. The How: Cast member was over the top, rude, arrogant , words cannot express how bad she was.

Anyways this will be my last post as, you had to have been there to seen what really happened, this issue is not about parking or black out days, its about being treated respectfully, and with decency.
    This is one of them "he siad, she said" type of moments. If a CM is wrong, rude or doing anything you feel is not right then ask for a lead or manager at that moment. What if the CM had diabetes and its sugars were way off or what if the CM needed training in how to speak to guests? At that very instant the lead or manager could observe the CM. They could ask questions while the incident is fresh in their mind and in yours. Waiting until later in the day means that other guests may have had the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by pretty Omi View Post
    I was going to post the same thing. Last time we were at the park (Nov 19th) the signs said something to the effect of "Welcome to" and the pass types that were valid that day.

Seems like a logical solution. However, if you saw this sign and no longer wanted to enter, what would you do? Wait in line until you got to the booth and the ask to exit? Wasn't there an exit lane to the far left at some point?
    Finally got my PAP back! Disneyland everyday!

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

You go to the toll booth and tell the CM that you are exiting. I think they tag your car with a piece of paper on the windshield then you go around to the left and out the exit. There is a way to exit from the tool booths and they do not charge you. The only way to exit is to go through the toll booths. What ever you call the place the CM is housed.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    You go to the toll booth and tell the CM that you are exiting. I think they tag your car with a piece of paper on the windshield then you go around to the left and out the exit. There is a way to exit from the tool booths and they do not charge you. The only way to exit is to go through the toll booths. What ever you call the place the CM is housed.
    Was there ever a lane to exit without waiting? I seem to recall that there was...

The only reason I bring that up is because I was stuck in the structure for a while when I thought that it should have opened at 8AM, when it did not open until 8:30AM. The only way out would be to drive the wrong way back out to the split towards Downtown Disney, which some folks did.

Does anyone know if there is a rule of thumb for when the structure opens? FWIW, the park opened at 10AM.
    Finally got my PAP back! Disneyland everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    You filed a complaint, so you should receive a call in 48 hours to further explain. You also could have filed a complaint at Guest Relations while you were on site. What you have expressed here really doesn't come across as rude, but like you said, tone is everything. I would also have asked for her lead, but that is me. In all our visits this year, I really cannot remember a rude cast member. And don't remember any "snotty" ones ever. And only a couple "less than helpful" ones. For us, they are always going out of their way. I am sorry you had a bad day, and hope the fact you were suddenly blocked out didn't color your experience.

And I am very surprised you got to park for free!!
    I saw a mildly rude cast member last summer but IMO she was completely justified. The driver of the horse trolley had to completely brake to a stop because a person in the motorized scooter parked on the tracks facing away from the oncoming trolley and then ignored the loud repeated ringing of the bell and shouts of "PLEASE MOVE OFF THE TRACKS! HORSE TROLLEY COMING THROUGH!" The trolley driver finally went up and tapped the person in the scooter on the shoulder, then shouted "Move your scooter off the tracks!" in their face and pointed at the horse standing about 10 feet away. Perhaps the trolley driver figured the person in the scooter was hearing-impaired and had a better chance of understanding an instruction shouted directly into their face. As a last resort, it was indeed effective and the person drove their scooter off the tracks so the horse trolley could continue along its route.

well still not that clear just what was done that was so rude. but being from ny, takes a lot for me think someone is being rude.

i just tend to forgetaboutit

Last edited by doublewide77; 11-30-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewide77 View Post
    i just tend to forgetaboutit
    Very good advice.
    Say the secret word.

I hate to say it (& I know its a tad bit off topic) because I know times are tough & I heard the price got bumped up, but a Premium pass goes a long way - & it pays itself off fairly quick if you are a regular visitor to the resort. I know it's a bit pricey but I had a Deluxe & for me the upgrade has been very well worth it - just some advice from guest to guest

It's kind of crazy how you could not check your blackout dates before you venture to the park, and sorry about the rude cast member, but like it's been said before on here, not everyone will be as up to standard as they should be, & if you think it was that bad you should file a complaint.

Last edited by explodingboy; 12-01-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Passing the Disney-love to my babies lauramaynot's Avatar

I just read through this thread and I feel badly for the OP as it would be embarrassing (especially if you were with other people) and sad to get all built up about going into the park and then being turned away. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rude body language going both ways on this one. I tend to side with CM's because I have much more often seen bad guest behavior than bad CM behavior during my many trips to DL. If she works the gates often she probably sees many guests without proper admission media and I can see how that could get old - especially if the guest gets upset and throws a fit, hoping their bad behavior will get them in 'just this once' (not to mention all the people who bought half of a multi day park hopper on ebay but that is a whole different subject ). That said, I do remember seeing the sign in the parking garage as well with which passes were valid that day, and unless you are wizzing through the line, you have more than ample time to read it. I donno...I get that you paid good money (and alot of it if you have a large family) for your pass and you deserve to get what you paid for which is X,Y & Z, but you don't have a right to W because you go to the park more often than the average person...

Laura ~ Mom of 5 future Mouseplaneteers
    Progress is not just moving ahead...It's dreaming and working and
    building a better way of life - Carousel of Progress

I once had to deal with two very rude cast members on the day I bought several Deluxe APs. There was a problem with the bar code on one and it wouldn't scan. My whole family was taken out of line and treated rudely. I'll never forget that. I was literally waving the receipt to show I had paid for everything. They wouldn't even look at it and I had to go waaaaay up the ladder to get someone to listen. Never got so much as an apology for something that was clearly Disney's fault.

After all the money we spent it was pretty hard not to let it ruin the whole Disneyland experience for a long time to come.

For the amount of money one spends on a day at Disneyland, all CMs should be trained on treating people with dignity and respect.

I feel for you.

Every Day Is Disneyland Day! DizneyMommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSteven View Post
    W
    Does anyone know if there is a rule of thumb for when the structure opens? FWIW, the park opened at 10AM.
    I have been told by CM's several times (and have been there to see with my own eyes) One Hour before park opening is when the garage typically opens.
    Disneyland AP since 1994, WDW CSR Aug 2010

DLR -> WDW Cast Member

The red LCD signs outside of the parking lot toll booths also state what passes are blocked out.

The parking add-on on the non-Premium APs are NOT valid on blockout days.

I think the OP is being a little hyper-sensitive.

Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins with Me...! 8:P

Blog Entries

Any time you don't have a magical day at any of the Disneyland's it's sad so sorry about that. It's your responsibility to know what days you can come in not anyone else, but should they be able to tell you in the parking lot it would have been nice to have reminded you of that fact. Now for the CM at the gate, I went thru that gate for 5 days this last week, (guest at the hotel) never saw anyone being rude, and we had some very long lines with only one person checking all the bags. O-Yes this entrance is for guest only IF Disney wants to push it and they have before asked for your room key and if you don't have it you are sent to go thru the main entrance which really is the way it should be, this should be for guest of the hotel only, you should get something for your very large buck spent on these rooms each night.

Cannons?! They make me so angry!! DonKarnage's Avatar

Indeed it is your responsibility to know which days your pass is valid or not. Like others previously said, you're given a calendar w/ the block-out dates & you can check the website to see which days your AP is valid.

The only other option is to avoid this problem altogether is to get premium APs for everyone in your group so you don't have to worry about thinking & just go.