Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: We're going to Walt Disney World in Florida!

Phbbbt We're going to Walt Disney World in Florida!

I am new here. I am so excited about our first ever trip to wdw in Sept 2010 for 10 nights. 214 days left to go..... My son says that I am obsessed! well yah...
    I am reading, researching, learning, planning, countdowning, working and saving, dreaming (awake and asleep). I guess that means that I am obsessed.... So, here is what is spinning around in my head and stomach.

I have so many questions, I will have to remember them and then ask away...

We are staying at the Polynesian resort in a garden view room. which room would be the best and close to the pool with the slide.

I am trying to figure out how much money in need for extra meals. We purchased the magic your way plus dining. once you swap 2 table meals for a couple of character meals and dinner shows, we'll need to replace the empty lunch and dinners. I need to decide where we want to eat and how much I will need to spend for 2 adults, one 16 yr. old, and one 9 yr. old.

Then I need to figure where to go when and how long to spend at each park. and which parks to revisit. I want to relax at our resort too. perhaps 10 nights isn't long enough? I am so overwhelmed and not even there yet....

2. # ADS

10 night s is perfect.. a week is not enough and 2 weeks is much.... I don't no lots about the poly rooms(but manyyy ppl on here do) but I no LOTS about Disney.. Ask away : )

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

As a solo visitor I budget around $15 for a fast food meal, and around $60 to $100 for a nice dinner, which for me includes appetizer, entree, dessert, and usually 2 or 3 glasses of some nice wine. I'd think for your family a buget of $200 for a table service meal for 4 should cover, and around $60 for each fast food meal for 4.

Keep those questions coming - it's what some of us live for!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

To figure out a workable budget for meal cost I would suggest going to allears.net. Look under dining. All the WDW restaurants are listed with menus and prices. They have children's menus as well. This should give you a good idea as to what your budget should be for your family. Just don't forget to factor in tips and taxes.

Also, since you are doing a trip in Sept. keep your eyes open for the possiblity of the free dining offer. This has been offered for that time period for the past few years. If it pops up rebook pronto this offer does sell out fast for some dates and resorts. Also, book those adr's asap it is next to impossible to walk up to a table service during free dining.

Welcome, keep the questions coming.

Mily

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Welcome! I'm gonna send you a PM re: budgets....OK?

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

hi tdelaney_98, I don't understand what those #'s you texted mean. please clarify.thx

I am so sorry! I had a bunch of acronyms in there. I sent you another Private Message with the info "decoded" for you. Check your private message box (upper right hand corner of this page for the link) and the info is in there.

Shame on you, Tina! Seriously, I think it's a standard mistake that a lot of us oldtimers fall into. Someone comes on and says they're a newbie and want to know some info on, say late night shows in WDW, and we come back with "Well, you can see SM in the MK followed by W, or you could go over to the WS and see I:RoE". To a newbie, complete gibberish! To us uber-fans, totally understandable!!!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Shame on you, Tina! Seriously, I think it's a standard mistake that a lot of us oldtimers fall into. Someone comes on and says they're a newbie and want to know some info on, say late night shows in WDW, and we come back with "Well, you can see SM in the MK followed by W, or you could go over to the WS and see I:RoE". To a newbie, complete gibberish! To us uber-fans, totally understandable!!!
    I know "how rude". (full house reference) But once I went to the fAQ I found the list it all made sense, now while still a little lost I can usually figure it out.
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    LOL! I'm ashamed and embarrassed. It's our own language to be sure. I think I scared them away--they haven't responded to my PMs! LOL!

Blog Entries

You are going to LOVE the Poly. It is a beautiful resort. At night it is so peaceful (well except when you go by the main pool haha) and you can find a lot of places to relax.

This is my single post from the Which hotels have you stayed at? thread which you can see HERE . It is just a bunch of photos that you can look at of the room.

Also I posted an review of the Poly when I returned from my vacation in 2008 if you would like to read that as well you can HERE.

You can check out a map of the hotel HERE.

You can also find out more information about the Polynesian HERE.

I have also stayed at WDW for 4 days up to 15 days. When I stayed for just 4 days I had just gone 1 month prior and would be returning 2 months later so it wasn't that bad for me especially because we go so often we just did what we wanted and what we didn't wasn't the end of the world to us.

When I stayed for 15 days we spend a lot of days at the pool and didn't head to the parks until 3 or 4 and that was with the dining plan. Again we go so often that we weren't rushing around. We would get to the parks and ride 1 or 2 rides, head to our dining ressie, and then utilize late night hours. This was also August. We did get a lot done and we were very relaxed.

You will notice on the DDP (Disney Dining Plan) that you will be eating a lot and it is still very warm in September. When it is that hot out you might not want to eat a lot of heavy meals. On the off nights where you do not have a table service to use you might want to eat just a counter service. A lot of counter service places have really great meals and you can avoid the Hamburger/Chicken nugget meal for your entire vacation if you wanted to. I sometimes find the counter services to taste a lot better then some of the table services I have had.

A few questions....

Do you want to do a table service meal every night?

Is there anything that your family will NOT do? IE: Rollercoasters or shows (some people like them some people don't!)

Are you early risers are do you prefer being in the parks at night?

How are you with the heat? (My family can deal with it and we don't do that midday break thing, but I know a lot of people that can't).

And you said...

I am so overwhelmed and not even there yet....
    Whenever you think of a question just write it down or even text it to yourself (horrible memory right here! I text myself everything!) and then ask us. There are a lot of awesome people on these boards that can answer anything that you throw at them.

Also, don't even think about being overwhelmed when you get there! I won't allow it! The people that go there thinking of how overwhelmed they are going to be come back hating their trip saying how exhausting it was and how it wasn't a vacation. You just have to go and relax. Whatever happens...happens!
    Kristin