Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: New Downtown Disney tenant: Ridemakerz?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

New Downtown Disney tenant: Ridemakerz?

JohnGar just came across this this listing for what looks to be a new tenant in Downtown Disney.

According to their Web site, Ridemakerz "offers kidz from 6 to 106 the opportunity to customize and "trick out" their very own RIDE."

You start with a base car (starting at $29) and customize it with tires, wheels, engine noise, decals, running boards... you can also add Radio Control for $25. They have models ranging from Corvettes and Mustangs to the Mini Cooper and Scion Xb. (No smart cars?!?) It all adds up - I just let my car-obsessed employee look through the Web site, and the car he customized online totalled over $80.

Like Build-a-Bear, the store offers parties and special events - including "team building" events for companies. (Did someone say... MouseAdventure quest?)

I don't know when they are opening or which space they are taking, but there was something going on in the former Illuminations space last week, so maybe that's where they'll go.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Oooh, look, more stuff for kids at DTD. Great.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Ridemakerz is pretty sweet, more geared towards boys, but my niece really enjoyed it when I brought her. Not sure how this would go over at Disney, be hard to pack up and lug home on an airplane.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    http://www.stephanieclick.com/?p=154
    A blog article showing the type of shop, hmm, looks fun and familiar.

http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlou...27/story7.html
    Buildabear has about 25% ownership of Ridemakerz currently.

My husband is dying over this! It will much easier to get him to the resort now!

July 17, 2012- Xavier turns 5 & Disneyland turns 57!

Tower of Terror is the best

Looks like a cool shop

BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

They are going into one of the spaces created by the subdivision of the former D56 spot, and hope to be open by October 6th. The store will be open only through the holiday season.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

We have one of these shops not far from us here, outside of Phoenix. It can get quite costly (as can Build A Bear). Our kid loves this place. It truly is a Build A Bear for boys (and grown men).
    I think it is the perfect addition for DTD. It will fit in just fine.
    As far as getting them home, the car box is smaller than a Build A Bear box, so if you can get a bear home, you can get a car home.

Jen

Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out when it opens. Does anybody know if they have a track in the store, or is it just for making the cars?

Quote Originally Posted by MouseVII View Post
    Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out when it opens. Does anybody know if they have a track in the store, or is it just for making the cars?
    I used to work at both stores in Maryland until they closed, so there is no track its all about making the cars, but you can run your car inside the after you build it, they have SLICK floors in there which are amazingly fun.

It's too bad about the track but at least they let you run it in the store. Thanks for the info.