Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: First Time to Disneyland On My Own! A Few Questions...

First Time to Disneyland On My Own! A Few Questions...

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, and I am so very happy to have found such a great community with so many members here to offer help. I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section, or if I am annoying anyone with my stupid questions... However! It is my first time going to Disneyland on my own. My boyfriend is accompanying me but I organized everything by myself.

I am very nervous, so I thought I would ask the experts some questions to calm myself down.

I'm from BC, so we'll be flying Allegiant air. I will be staying at the Quality Inn behind the Fairmont. What is the best mode of transportation to get to our hotel once we land in LAX?
    Can the same mode of transport take us back to the airport as well? How early can they pick us up?

I printed my tickets online - because I'm Canadian I wasn't able to have them mailed to my house. What is the best way of going about using printed tickets when arriving at the park?

We would also like to spend a day at Universal Studios. Is there a shuttle nearby that we can take to get there? Or do we have to call our own?

Thanks so much in advance. I can't wait to become a part of MousePlanet. I've been such a big Disney fan ever since I was a little girl pretending to be Ariel. I can't wait for my trip!

Thanks again!

Amanda

2. # ADS

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dawndarkharp View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I printed my tickets online - because I'm Canadian I wasn't able to have them mailed to my house. What is the best way of going about using printed tickets when arriving at the park?
    Welcome!

I can answer the one above for you.

You just take your tickets directly to the turnstyle -- no need to go to the ticket booth. They will scan them and give you a printed ticket that you can use -- so you can also get FastPasses.

Have a wonderful time!
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Thanks so much!!! That does sound really easy. I can't wait!

Also, does anyone know which rides would really restrict me from bringing a small purse on the ride? I want to bring my digital SLR one or two of the days I'm going and I don't want it to get damaged - but I still want to have fun!!!

Thanks again!

We take small backapcks with us when we visit and we've never had an issue with them on the rides.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***
    Enjoying the sunshine and blue skies of Phoenix between Disney trips.

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

There are several shuttles that can take you to and from LAX/your hotel, I'm not expert in any of those methods though. I suggest the search function up top, search for "LAX shuttle" or "airport shuttle" and you should get some great info from MPers that use those services quite frequently!

I always take a small bag/tote/something on the rides. I'm not sure how big your camera is, but you shouldn't be restricted from any rides because of it's bag, I would just be careful on the rides where it needs to go in a pouch or be held onto tightly maybe? (Screamin', Space, Indy, BTMRR)

Thank you everyone! That's fantastic help. I'm so glad I wont be restricted too much with my camera! I never go on screamin' and I think I should be able to put the bag in Indy - they have nets, and it's definitely not too big for those!

Thanks again! I'll search the shuttles and see what I can find. I can't wait!!! I'm so excited

I'd rather be park-hopping... erica84's Avatar
    I'm from BC, so we'll be flying Allegiant air. I will be staying at the Quality Inn behind the Fairmont. What is the best mode of transportation to get to our hotel once we land in LAX?
    Can the same mode of transport take us back to the airport as well? How early can they pick us up?

We would also like to spend a day at Universal Studios. Is there a shuttle nearby that we can take to get there? Or do we have to call our own?
    Hi Amanda - Welcome to MousePlanet! There are so many wonderful and helpful people on this site!

We usually use Super Shuttle when flying and it's really easy to use. I believe you can book online or call directly. They ask you for the airline you're using, the flight number and the day/time for the flight. They schedule a shuttle to come and pick you up usually 30-45 minutes after you land, depending on if you checked any bags. They will also pick you up from your hotel to take you back to the airport usually 2-3 hours before your flight leaves.

I have never taken a shuttle to Universal Studios but I'm sure there must be something out there. If worse comes to worse you can always have your hotel call a taxi for you. Hope this helps! Have a great time!
    Can't wait for our next trip to my favorite place on Earth!

What is the best mode of transportation to get to our hotel once we land in LAX?
    Thanks again!

Amanda
    Depending on the number of people coming with you I would suggest renting a car as opposed to shuttles. Especially since your planning on doing more then just airport to Hotel and back.

Airport to Hotel Shuttles can run you from $8-$16per person each way and a shuttle from Anaheim to Hollywood (Universal) may be more.....

Have a great trip!
    Best Way To Contact Me: onelowsuv@comcast.net

I found this information here on this website

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM DISNEYLAND AREA

This wonderful new service may save you on rental cars if you plan to visit both the Disneyland resort and Universal Studios while in Los Angeles:

Shuttle Service From Anaheim to the World's Largest Movie Studio and Theme Park - Fleet of Colorful, Comfortable Buses to Depart Several Times a Day From Convenient Anaheim Location

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Studios Hollywood has launched The Universal Studios Express to provide free round-trip luxury shuttle service from Anaheim to Universal City beginning Thursday, February 1.

Transportation will be provided on one of AirportBus' deluxe 50-passenger buses to each guest who purchases a full-price ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood from AirportBus. The buses, to be colorfully decorated with Universal Studios-themed images and icons, will feature video monitors displaying highlights of Southern California attractions, including current and archival material from the world's largest movie studio and theme park, Universal Studios Hollywood.

Tickets may be purchased in Anaheim at the Airport Bus Terminal conveniently located near Disneyland at 1415 Manchester Avenue.

The Universal Studios Express Bus to Universal Studios Hollywood will pick up guests from various Anaheim-area hotels several times per day and transport them to the Airport Bus Terminal, where they will board a Universal Studios Hollywood-bound bus for the 45-minute trip.

The buses will depart from Anaheim three times a day, with departure times tentatively scheduled at 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Return trips from Universal Studios are tentatively scheduled at 4:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. with extended hours during peak season. For further information guests may call 1-800-Universal.

Admission to Universal Studios, including round-trip transportation is $43 for ages 12 and older; $32 for ages 3 to 11; children under 3 are free.

And here is the link to the Universal Studios page about it

http://www.universalstudioshollywood...portation.html
    I believe your hotel is on the list of hotels they offer the service from.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Tower of Terror you will need either a fanny pack, small tote or a good strap for a camera. Things go flying out of the hands of guests on that ride. Roller coasters tend to sling things out the sides so again I would take a small shoulder bag to carry water bottles, snacks, maps and other essentials.

Look into a car for your trip as it is a long drive to Universal Studios and would be cheaper for you than taking a tour bus. Also you could stay as late as you want and then hit Universal walk for dining and fun. Also you could leave early enough for a nice meal at a famous eatery. You could also use the car to get groceries and other things.

Wow! Thanks again everyone! What a plethora of information. (I just wanted to use the word 'plethora').

I really am enjoying the idea of that free shuttle! It saves the hassle of worrying about a rental car. Trying to navigate my way on the LA freeways is a bit of a doozy!

Leaving as early as possible and coming back on the last shuttle would be ideal. That would give us plenty of time to see everything! Thanks so much for finding that for me! Another worry off my shoulders We have 7 days in California, so that will give us plenty of time to plan ahead for our shuttle departures. We are trying to see Conan O'Brien, so we might try for early next week.

Thank you again for the help! I feel a lot more confident

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

Have fun!

Disneyland Regular

I would check on SuperShuttle for transport. I always wear cargo pants. That works for storing things on my body.

God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.