Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Nightly Parade -

Disneyland Nightly Parade -

Hello Everyone,

I am going to Disneyland this Saturday - and haven't been for 5 long years!! Last time we went - my daughter was 5 years old - and we were able to get her and her dad into the parade.
    Here's what I remember about it from last time....Look for the cast members in the "cloud" jumpsuits about 1-2 hours before the parade. Insure you have closed toe shoes and that your clothing does not have non-Disney names (.e. "Nike" Addidas, etc.) on it. Thirdly - be enthusiastic and let them know how much you would enjoy being in the parade!
    Can anyone please tell me - does this still work? Is there anything else we should know that will help? My son is now 5 years old - and it will be his first trip - and I know how thrilled he would be to be a part of the parade!!

p.s. Luv this board!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by parveen50 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am going to Disneyland this Saturday - and haven't been for 5 long years!! Last time we went - my daughter was 5 years old - and we were able to get her and her dad into the parade.
    Here's what I remember about it from last time....Look for the cast members in the "cloud" jumpsuits about 1-2 hours before the parade. Insure you have closed toe shoes and that your clothing does not have non-Disney names (.e. "Nike" Addidas, etc.) on it. Thirdly - be enthusiastic and let them know how much you would enjoy being in the parade!
    Can anyone please tell me - does this still work? Is there anything else we should know that will help? My son is now 5 years old - and it will be his first trip - and I know how thrilled he would be to be a part of the parade!!

p.s. Luv this board!
    Hi there! Hope you have a great time at DL. That parade you were describing, The Parade of Stars, no longer runs at Disneyland. It was replaced by the Parade of Dreams Parade, which premiered at the start of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary in 2005 and it ran through 2008. The parade/street show, at this time is Celebrate-A Street Parade.

Hope this helps you out.

The current street party has specific show stops where the cast will interact with the audience. Your son might be picked to participate if he's down front at that time. There's some good information on AVP's blog here.

Oh thank you!! I just clicked on the blog and saw the pictures as well.
    Regardless of if my son gets to participate or not - we are going to have a great time!! Only 5 more sleeps left!!!!