Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "New Curse Unleashed on Indiana Jones Adventure"

"New Curse Unleashed on Indiana Jones Adventure"

If there's ever been a shorter report about an update to an attraction, I'd like to see it:

New Curse Unleashed on Indiana Jones Adventure Youll never look at Mara the same way again! Come experience the classic attraction for yourself starting today.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I was wondering what this "new curse" was. Don't remember seeing/hearing anything new on the ride nor have I heard any reports about new stuff.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Thread-Breaker
    Shhh...I'm supposed to be working

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Limited Time Mara!

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Links really should appear more "linky" here, as it looks like someone missed the one in the original post

The link in the first post is perfectly obvious.

I don't like it, glad it is temporary.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

A new lighting effect. That's it?

Oh, and I saw the link in the first post too. I'd already read the blog post so I knew the text was copied from the blog post. Yep, just a throwaway line.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Links really should appear more "linky" here, as it looks like someone missed the one in the original post
    Yeah, I tend to bold links to make them more obvious.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    A new lighting effect. That's it?
    from the video it appears that there is a new effect on Mara's face ( looks like the face ages and eyes actually appear on top of the face where eyes should be). Also the audio is a different voice - not one I think that works. Its louder, enunciates better, but.... it's not ominous enough.

I sure its LTM (limited time mara).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

The projections are neat, but the new voice is lacking. I don't see where it mentions temporary or permanent though?

Keep Moving Forward!

So Disneyland just made Facebook events for this? Is the "event" just that APs can ride during specific times when the line is closed to the general population? I'm trying to figure out if there's more to the "event" than that...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    So Disneyland just made Facebook events for this? Is the "event" just that APs can ride during specific times when the line is closed to the general population? I'm trying to figure out if there's more to the "event" than that...
    i think that's it - you get to ride when others can't. Nothing else to the announcement for now. On twitter DisneylandAP kept pointing to thier facebook page - which does not provide any other info other than event times. most of the hours are just before or right at opening, or right at closing.
    and for saturday, since the park is open till 12 - and they don't kick people out of line - then the 1230am end time seems more "general".

it seems the effect is different for the three rooms (based on posted videos). If you're interested, go on youtube and lookup "indiana jones new mara effect". otherwise head to the park.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Limited Time Mara!
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I sure its LTM (limited time mara).
    I think AVP already beat you to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I think AVP already beat you to that.
    oh, yes, i was fully aware of that. just repeating it (i'm not that self-centered).

Interesting. Change can be good at times. I kinda like it.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

i think that's it - you get to ride when others can't.
    During this morning's AP event, it was open to everyone. We just got to use the Fastpass entrance (which wasn't all that exciting, because there was NO line until after the FP and standby lines merged ). It was fun anyway, and I always like seeing new things at Disneyland.

Our party agreed that the effect was cool, but looked too modern and "techno" to fit in with the overall theme of the Indiana Jones ride.
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    During this morning's AP event, it was open to everyone. We just got to use the Fastpass entrance (which wasn't all that exciting, because there was NO line until after the FP and standby lines merged ). It was fun anyway, and I always like seeing new things at Disneyland.

Our party agreed that the effect was cool, but looked too modern and "techno" to fit in with the overall theme of the Indiana Jones ride.
    i wonder what will happen when it is busy - probably the same (FP line).

That's an interesting dilemma - because in the movies some fantastic things can happen and look "new" or fluid. However, most of the adventure-fantasy movies that have come over the years do show their artifacts and statues, etc., to be quite "old" - well, except for gold. its always shiny!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Here's our video from today. It's just the new effect - I didn't film the whole ride.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We went during the evening AP admission time. I thought it was pretty cool and a little creepy, but I'm not sure the change was worthy of the "limited time magic" designation.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    Um ....
    Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermommy View Post
    Interesting point...I'll be curious to see it in person next month. It is certainly a lot creepier in the videos...

I wonder if eventually they might fit projections over other parts of the ride to make it blend a little more? Like they did with Snow White? The projection method could really improve some of the more stagnant effects, like the hall of dart blowers. I'm a little afraid to think how good the bugs on the wall could look though. Eeek!
    Keep Moving Forward!

Blog Entries

i just fear that over time projection degrades faster than animatronic or other effects - and it seems the time to clean up the projections or retake them gets delayed more and more (at least for other shows). I still prefer the ominous voice "INFIDELS!"

i just fear that over time projection degrades faster than animatronic or other effects - and it seems the time to clean up the projections or retake them gets delayed more and more (at least for other shows). I still prefer the ominous voice "INFIDELS!"
    Degrade in what way?
    2017: Coco
    Future: The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4

Not an official spokesperson for the company

That looks like a pretty cool effect to me. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person to judge more fully.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"