Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why'd they take out the Crab from the POTC attraction? [and other missing things]

Why'd they take out the Crab from the POTC attraction? [and other missing things]

Hello everyone!
    First time poster, but Long time Disneyland attendee.
    I know this is a little nitpick, but I'm really curious about it. I've gone twice these past 2 months and have noticed the little crab located on the sand with the 2 skeleton pirates, after the two drops, is gone. I asked an employee each time and have gotten different answers. One said the crab was broken and is "getting repaired" and the other said it "wandered off to see Ariel". She was joking of course.
    Just wondering if anyone knows the true story. I mean, a month seems to be a long time to repair the little crab. Like I said, I know its a minor thing, but I hope they didn't take it out permanently.

2. # ADS

You have good eyes! I remember the crab was there back in my March visit. I also hope he's just "on vacation." He adds a little bit more drama to that scene.

Seems like everyone always notices when that little crab goes missing! Of all the AA's...haha

I'm sure he's out for repairs or something...the girl who told you he was "visiting Ariel" was just doing her job to keep the magic going. It's something few CM's still do these days.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries

the crab from Pirates
    the panther along side the train tracks
    the dog on the log in Rivers of America

Who is next to disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    the crab from Pirates

The customers from the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by mechurchlady View Post
    the crab from Pirates

The goat from BTMRR?

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    The customers from the parks.
    I'm up for that. Just thin the herds a tad.

I noticed the crab was gone in July. My dad noticed it was gone in June. Funny how we all remember that little crab so much...

I was there last week and the "singing" dog was gone as well

I also noticed that. I will be in the park in September so I will keep my eyes open and update.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Da Man View Post
    I was there last week and the "singing" dog was gone as well
    Noooooo!!!!
    You're right, I don't remember the dog there either. I hope they put it back.

Now its got me thinking, Did they take out the two Vultures (from America Sings) that were located in Splash Mountain right before you started to go up for the final drop? Or are they still there and I haven't noticed?

Blog Entries

The donkey was gone in one of our visits, the next visit the donkey was back, but the dog was gone. (But his voice was there! GHOSTS!)

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The donkey was gone in one of our visits, the next visit the donkey was back, but the dog was gone. (But his voice was there! GHOSTS!)
    You mean the dog was lip-synching?!

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

Did anyone check ebay? Maybe they will show up there. lol

First DLR Trip as a ticketed guest (no AP) Thanksgiving 2012
    Disneyland every NYE from 1985-2010
    WDW Nov 2003, May 2009, Aug/Sept 2010
    WDW Wedding May 2008 at WP/LS
    TDR Oct/Nov 2008 DLP 1998

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The crab has been gone for a couple of months. The donkey (the one sticking his head out of the barn door) was gone for a couple of months, but is now back. I can't remember if the dog was there the last time I rode or not.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Hey, I'm still wondering what the heck happened to the old narration on the railroad, and why the Settler's cabin isn't on fire anymore. I mean, did the fire brigaid finally arrive after X number of years?

The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar

The donkey was gone in May and a little girl sitting behind said "Mommy, why is the HEEE-HAWW gone?!" and it was hilarious! The hee-haw part was so loud and sounded just like a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by trypticon View Post
    Hey, I'm still wondering what the heck happened to the old narration on the railroad, and why the Settler's cabin isn't on fire anymore. I mean, did the fire brigaid finally arrive after X number of years?
    I've heard several stories about the cabin, but I'm not sure which is true...I heard that it required too much maintenance, that the fire was too dangerous to have with all the greenery around it, and that it wasn't PC to have Indians/Native Americans burning down a cabin. My guess is that it's a combination of the first two.

What about the swans in front of the castle? I haven't sen those for a long time. what ever happened to them? Are they going to bring them back?

Quote Originally Posted by moofeet View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows the true story. I mean, a month seems to be a long time to repair the little crab. Like I said, I know its a minor thing, but I hope they didn't take it out permanently.
    Crab rehab?

Sorry
    Say the secret word.

Quote Originally Posted by dznyphreak View Post
    I've heard several stories about the cabin, but I'm not sure which is true...I heard that it required too much maintenance, that the fire was too dangerous to have with all the greenery around it, and that it wasn't PC to have Indians/Native Americans burning down a cabin. My guess is that it's a combination of the first two.
    I had heard that the natural gas line that fed the fire was in poor repair and too expensive to replace.
    Say the secret word.

Cool

The crab has gone missing before; I'd be surprised if it doesn't return. I wonder if it tempts people like the apple in Snow White?

A bientot.

"I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

Is the crab really within reach? I guess I've never tried...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcofan View Post
    What about the swans in front of the castle? I haven't sen those for a long time. what ever happened to them? Are they going to bring them back?
    Remember that 'turkey' leg you had last trip. ......................WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by moofeet View Post
    Noooooo!!!!
    You're right, I don't remember the dog there either. I hope they put it back.

Now its got me thinking, Did they take out the two Vultures (from America Sings) that were located in Splash Mountain right before you started to go up for the final drop? Or are they still there and I haven't noticed?
    They were definitely there last week