Quantcast Why'd they take out the Crab from the POTC attraction? [and other missing things] - Page 24
  Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World | User Reviews | Travel
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 642

Thread: Why'd they take out the Crab from the POTC attraction? [and other missing things]

  1. #576

    Some things you just have to experience for yourself.

    The crab means something different to each person.

    Yet we all share one thing in common after the experience.

    Our lives are changed. Forever.

    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #577

  4. #578
    Registered User moofeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Panorama City, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Some things you just have to experience for yourself.

    The crab means something different to each person.

    Yet we all share one thing in common after the experience.

    Our lives are changed. Forever.

    I applaud you. Standing ovation!

  5. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ

    I just got back from my first visit in 11 years. I was so excited to see the new updates to Pirates, but was so disappointed that my favorite character is missing. I have always liked the last castle defender that was at the end of the castle wall, right where you turn to go to the dunking well. They did such a good job with his expression of fear, it just always caught my eye. But now its gone? Anyone else notice? Hopefully he was off for some R and R...

    Sarcasm is the minds natural defense to stupidity.

  6. #580
    Quote Originally Posted by kijay View Post
    I just got back from my first visit in 11 years. I was so excited to see the new updates to Pirates, but was so disappointed that my favorite character is missing. I have always liked the last castle defender that was at the end of the castle wall, right where you turn to go to the dunking well. They did such a good job with his expression of fear, it just always caught my eye. But now its gone? Anyone else notice? Hopefully he was off for some R and R...
    I don't remember him but he sounds familiar. Seems like every couple of months somthing or some pirate goes away to get fixed up and then returns. Maybe he will return???

    I know Dirty Food - the guy drinking on the bridge with a naked foot hanging over the edge - was gone for a few months. Then came back still dirty as can be.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  7. #581
    Grim Grinning Ghost PhineasTheGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Blog Entries
    6

    Does anyone have a picture of this pirate? I've never seen him before.


  8. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I know Dirty Food....
    Not to be confused with Dirty Foot???
    Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  9. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung:1711211
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I know Dirty Food....
    Not to be confused with Dirty Foot???
    Oops. I made a funny
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  10. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Some things you just have to experience for yourself.

    The crab means something different to each person.

    Yet we all share one thing in common after the experience.

    Our lives are changed. Forever.
    You should write poetry. Pirate poetry.
    *DLP-1995, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009x2, 2010x2*WDW-1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2011*DL-2004, 2005

    Magical Movie Reviews

    Efteling UK

  11. #585

    Long live the Red Crab!

    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  12. #586

    red or blue

    Red or Blue?
    That is the question.

    There are "red crab" states and there are "blue crab" states.

    I support the "independent crab" caucus.

    "It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

  13. #587
    Disneyphile dngnb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    under the bridge in Phx AZ

    The reason for the disappearance was because the Crab is an endangered species. Here is a note regarding the issue that I have obtained..... Well, we wont say how.


    It has come to the attention of The Rescue Rangers that the Crab in POTC is being sought out by Mr Crab of Spongebob Squarepants. Apparently, there is a shortage of ingredients for his Crabby Patties. Therefor, Gadget created an ingenious cloaking device. The crab was never really gone, just hidden until the threat subsided. Gadget also equipped the crab with digital color sensors. When the crab feels in danger, his color changes.

    Thanks to the Rescue Rangers for once again saving the day.

    The Sarchasm -
    The gorge between my witty comment and you, who doesn't get it.

  14. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by dngnb8 View Post
    The reason for the disappearance was because the Crab is an endangered species. Here is a note regarding the issue that I have obtained..... Well, we wont say how.


    It has come to the attention of The Rescue Rangers that the Crab in POTC is being sought out by Mr Crab of Spongebob Squarepants. Apparently, there is a shortage of ingredients for his Crabby Patties. Therefor, Gadget created an ingenious cloaking device. The crab was never really gone, just hidden until the threat subsided. Gadget also equipped the crab with digital color sensors. When the crab feels in danger, his color changes.

    Thanks to the Rescue Rangers for once again saving the day.

    I know understand the mysteries of the universe
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  15. #589
    Registered User moofeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Panorama City, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I now understand the mysteries of the universe
    But will the crab be tall enough to ride Matterhorn??

  16. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by moofeet View Post
    But will the crab be tall enough to ride Matterhorn??

    I am afraid to say that even with his longest claw raised and while wearing 4 inch heals he will still not be tall enough.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  17. #591
    Goofball Photo Dude ralfrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area

    Wow, in a few months this thread will have to start paying to get into the park.

    "I'm not interested in what you did yesterday, because I'm not going to be there. I know I can do that. It's the next thing that I'm interested in" (Walt Disney)
    "Sometimes it's not to your benefit to mess with things that are above your reach. You don't want to show yourself to be too stupid." (Bob Dylan)

  18. #592
    Registered User moofeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Panorama City, CA

    With all this talk about Cars and Carsland what not, how the crab doing?? Haven't visited in a while!!


  19. #593

    The crab is soaking over in the World of Color area.

    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  20. #594

    Hahaha. Wow today was the first DL/DCA trip that I did not ride POTC when it was open and operating! I miss my dear friend Crabby!


  21. #595

    Anyone feeling crabby today?

    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  22. #596
    Registered User moofeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Panorama City, CA

    Just to inform everyone, the crab is doing fine today!


  23. #597

    Are you certain it's the real crab and not a stunt crab?

    Say the secret word.

  24. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    Are you certain it's the real crab and not a stunt crab?
    Or perhaps a body double.

    Wasn't one of those guys from the Deadliest Catch at DL last year? No telling what kind of evil he was up to.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney


  25. #599
    Registered User moofeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Panorama City, CA

    Any chance they may put one of the beach balls from Luigi's Flying Tires next to the crab since they're not being used anymore??
    P.S. on my way to Disneyland in 20 minutes to check on the crabs status!


  26. #600

    I was there yesterday and the crab was missing again. Where could he have gone? On the same note, the man who sleeps next to the pigs was also missing. Did they both go somewhere?

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •