Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner

We'll be spending Thanksgiving at the park for the first time. Yippee!
    I'm trying to figure out where to have the big dinner. I know the DLH has a big buffet in the ballroom. Has anyone ever done that? I think there are turkey day meals at the character restaurants too. My family will want the traditional turkey and fixings. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. # ADS

Dreaming of sailing on the Dream

We were at Goofy's Kitchen last year at noon on Thanksgiving and there was no reference to Thanksgiving at all. It was rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stichy626 View Post
    We were at Goofy's Kitchen last year at noon on Thanksgiving and there was no reference to Thanksgiving at all. It was rather disappointing.
    Did they at least have turkey and stuffing?!

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving just around the corner and I was curious what the Thankgiving in the park looks like. I have been on every major holiday except Thanksgiving. What are the Dinner options and such... All thought welcome. We will be there Wed-Sun.

"Tell Everybody I'm On My Way"
    Disneyland Trips: 1975, 1979, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Disney World Trips: 1988, 1991, 1994

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Daddy of 4 View Post
    With Thanksgiving just around the corner and I was curious what the Thankgiving in the park looks like. I have been on every major holiday except Thanksgiving. What are the Dinner options and such... All thought welcome. We will be there Wed-Sun.
    It is crowded. Wall to wall crowded. Friday is worse. For us, it is worse than Christmas. Why? On Friday while parents shop, they drop the kids at Disneyland... We stopped doing Thanksgiving a few years ago, it just wasn't fun any more.

But, they do serve Thanksgiving meals around the park (ie in the ballroom at the DLH.)
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Is it also really crowded on Thanksgiving Thursday or just the long weekend afterwards? And what about the Wednesday? My sister-in-law is in town and wants to go for one day.

Thanks.

Just checking to see if anyone knows if Thanksgiving Day is also packed? Or does it just get crowded later in the day?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
    Just checking to see if anyone knows if Thanksgiving Day is also packed? Or does it just get crowded later in the day?

Thanks.
    I have gone on Thanksgiving day, and it wasnt too crowded. You have to remember that most people are with family that day, and not at the park. However there will be some people there as some people dont have family close to spend the day with.

Number of visits to Disneyland 36

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post

Thanks.
    The times we have been (haven't been in 5+ years) it started slow, but by 3pm it was packed.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The times we have been (haven't been in 5+ years) it started slow, but by 3pm it was packed.
    Thanks - that is what I am hoping for. I will get them there early and we can leave when it gets too crowded. We will also be using the kennel for the first time and won't want to leave our dog there all day.

i am so excited!

"Tell Everybody I'm On My Way"
    Disneyland Trips: 1975, 1979, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Disney World Trips: 1988, 1991, 1994

I'm going the same time as Disney Daddy. Does anyone have any experience with the DLH ballroom dinner? Time to call in our ressies is just around the corner...

I would be interested in learning more about this too. The booking window has opened for Thanksgiving Day priority seatings, but menus and even some prices aren't even available yet.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with a CM, and the only sort of menu she could read me was for the Disneyland Hotel ballroom. She didn't even have a price yet for Storytellers Cafe's Thanksgiving Day buffet! And to get info about Napa Rose or Catal, you have to phone them directly.

I'm braving the crowds too for Thanksgiving weekend!

Just made my reservations for 4 at Storytellers for the Thanksgiving buffet dinner.

Very much looking forward to it, as 2 years ago we booked the same thing but had to cancel a few hours prior to the booking due to a severe migraine setting in...

Tower of Terror is the best

The place is packed on Thanksgiving when I went to the park after Thanksgiving dinner and I got at park around 630pm and it was wall to wall people this was a few years back

Last edited by TowerofTerror; 09-28-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

Dreaming of sailing on the Dream

I was there last year the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving thru Thanksgiving day and we had a fabulous time. The crowds were light the first couple of days and slowly built up as Thanksgiving neared. But they were never overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie MouseFan View Post
    Just made my reservations for 4 at Storytellers for the Thanksgiving buffet dinner.

Very much looking forward to it, as 2 years ago we booked the same thing but had to cancel a few hours prior to the booking due to a severe migraine setting in...
    Did they give you a price or any idea what's on the menu? I was interested in this, but they had *no* info when I called....

Doing a search on Thanksgiving in this forum will give you a wealth of previous threads and information on that time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    Did they give you a price or any idea what's on the menu? I was interested in this, but they had *no* info when I called....
    Didn't ask for pricing, just wanted to make sure a table was reserved.

I did do a search some weeks ago and found information on previous menus and it looked fine.

We were considering doing the big buffet in the Ballroom, however given that we are driving down from Vegas that afternoon we wanted something a little more casual, yet still in the Disney scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    Doing a search on Thanksgiving in this forum will give you a wealth of previous threads and information on that time of year.

You know, one would think that, but when one does a search, all one turns up is old threads with outdated info and menus or new threads that no one has really replied to. Can't hurt to see if anyone has any newer experience!

Thanksgiving in Disneyland

We are going to be at DLR around Thanksgiving. Just wondering where a good place to eat Turkey dinner would be? Do any of the resort restruants have a special Thanksgiving meal?

"Maseca!"

We were there last Thanksgiving and went to Mimi's cafe just outside the park and had turkey dinner. It was good and much less than anything in the park.

I will tell you that my dad raves about the buffet at the Disneyland Hotel.
    It runs about $85 a person, I have not been because I usually work on T-day.
    Although, the food at Mimi's is always good too.

We had turkey dinner at the Plaza Inn at the end of Main St. one year for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed it. Not spectacular, but very good and really just the whole experience of getting to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner in the park pretty much made the experience for us. We ate out on the patio amidst a cool November breeze in the late afternoon. Sorry, I was lost in reverie for a moment there!