Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: First Time AP

Phbbbt First Time AP

Ok, so I live in Utah and have never had an AP before. But a couple weeks ago I won 4 2-day park hoppers from a local radio station. Yay!

Now I'm tryiing to decide how to squeeze the most out of them. In my house it's just the hubby and me, so we don't really need four passes. Would Disneyland let each of us put two of the tickets toward APs? Or is it only possible to use one ticket per upgrade? What about adding in the value of the volunteer day ticket next year?

Then the question comes up about renewal. What does it cost to renew an AP?

Thanks

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJDerrick View Post
    Ok, so I live in Utah and have never had an AP before. But a couple weeks ago I won 4 2-day park hoppers from a local radio station. Yay!

Now I'm tryiing to decide how to squeeze the most out of them. In my house it's just the hubby and me, so we don't really need four passes. Would Disneyland let each of us put two of the tickets toward APs? Or is it only possible to use one ticket per upgrade? What about adding in the value of the volunteer day ticket next year?

Then the question comes up about renewal. What does it cost to renew an AP?

Thanks
    The issue is going to be can you even upgrade these tickets. MOST tickets given away are marked "COMP" thus having no value and you cannot upgrade them. If they do have a value, then yes, you can apply multiple unused tickets towards the purchase.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I think you can only use one ticket for an upgrade. The parkhoppers would be worth more than the free volunteer day ticket, so I would use those.

Since you are from Utah you would be eligible for the premium and deluxe annual passes only, both of which offer a $20 discount when you renew. Keep in mind that the price of the pass you get will likely be more expensive when it comes time to renew.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    If they do have a value, then yes, you can apply multiple unused tickets towards the purchase.
    I stand corrected. Good stuff to know.
    Last edited by MouseVII; 11-05-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: adding quote

And the way to tell is to look at the back of the tickets. They will either have a $ value or the word COMP in the fine print on the back.

I'd sell the extra tickets to friends or on KSL (dot com)'s classifieds pages. I'm from Utah too and see Disneyland tickets there all the time. Then put that money towards your AP or just towards your vacation.

Congrats on the radio win! We've been trying to win that vacation too!

Good catch, guys. They are indeed 'not upgrade' eligible. What a bummer. Now I'll have to decide if we wait till next year so we can use volunteer and get a nice 3 days in the park or if we'll try to sell them or something. Hmm.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Are there just the two of you? Why not just do 4 days at the park, use the two day hoppers, then use the other two day hoppers?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Are there just the two of you? Why not just do 4 days at the park, use the two day hoppers, then use the other two day hoppers?
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

That could very well happen. We'll have to see how long we can get away.

Quote Originally Posted by quackinup View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    me too! but than again you are always in my head quackinup!

Or you could just do 2 different 2 day trips. Kind like having 2 weekend getaways to Disneyland.

Number of visits to Disneyland 36