Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers Support Part Two!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Weight Watchers Support Part Two!

Can you believe we filled a whole thread?

TLMt- I would think that a work meeting would totally understand if you're locked into a different lunch hour and can't stay the whole time.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TLMt - I would find out for sure what they mean by those times, though. Our leader states that the meeting part is supposed to be 1/2 hour - with weigh-ins before then, so if they're saying the weigh-ins are for 1/2 hour, and then a 1/2 hour for meeting, you're not going to be able to stay for any of the meeting.

Or maybe they're just accounting for leaders like mine who is doing really really good if we're out of there after 40 minutes.

I decided to take a couple of weeks basically off-program. I think I'll go back on Saturday and weigh in, but not have them tell me the number. I mentally needed the break from 'caring' but I can't do it for long without having to buy new clothes!

WW at Work

I have attended an at work meeting for over a year. The meeting time is 12-1. However weigh in is from around 11:50 to 12:30 and the meeting from 12:30 to 1:00 and our leader is wonderful and always willing to stay and answer ? after the meeting if approached.

During the course of the first thread I made it back to goal the my leader had a baby and did not like the replacement and gained back weight. I lost 1.6 today and am within 5 lbs of goal again. 3 if you count the 2 lbs you can be over. YEA.

The Ethnic Gourmet chicken tandoori frozen meal I ate was pretty good. It could have used a little more kick to it, but the consistency was good, and you can't beat 3 points! I think I will try the tikka masala sometime. It's 4 points. They are kind of pricey, but still cheaper than a takeout meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianna View Post
    I lost 1.6 today and am within 5 lbs of goal again. 3 if you count the 2 lbs you can be over. YEA.
    Good for you! I think getting back on track after you've reached goal is something to be proud of--and you've inspired me!

I've been Lifetime since last November, and it's been hard for me to get to meetings because I'm working a little more than usual and my girls' activities keep me hopping. I just checked my Membership book and realized that I haven't weighed in in a month and 2 days, so I think I'll have to pay for the meeting next time I go. I was tempted to blow it off since I'm up a pound or two, but I'm determined to stay the course. Time to make it a priority again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I decided to take a couple of weeks basically off-program. I think I'll go back on Saturday and weigh in, but not have them tell me the number. I mentally needed the break from 'caring' but I can't do it for long without having to buy new clothes!
    I will be doing that when I take my trip to Europe. Most likely the walking I'll do in London will offset the food, but I'm not going to stress too much over what I eat. I want to try all of the yummy foods on offer.

Thank you so much for the compliment. I can go to meetings since they are at my lunch hour. I tried the evening hours and it was the same way. Too many kid activities to be consistent.

Definitely go back now before you make my mistake and are up more then just a couple of lbs. One thing I have learned is go to meetings as much as possible. This is my 3rd trip back to goal because I have quit attending meetings each time.

Well, I actually walked over to the meeting. Took me awhile to find the right soundstage. Then the conference room. There were about 5 very trim people there...and I discovered I didn't have my monthly pass with me.

I'm going to try it again next week though, I want to talk to the leader and see if I'll be too disruptive leaving at about 5 mins to 1.

On the plus side, I walked over to the cafeteria, had a bowl of white bean soup and a small salad bar, journaled everything down to the edamame and the half ciabatta roll and my pedometer now says 7315 steps...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lovely Mrs. tod View Post
    Well, I actually walked over to the meeting. Took me awhile to find the right soundstage. Then the conference room. ......
    and my pedometer now says 7315 steps...
    See, there are up-sides to not knowing where you're going!

Shrinking for the better

Good for you Tlmt-don't give up!

I'm down a pound today Yay! A bit of a surprise 'cause I had major chocolate cravings this week. If it was chocolate-I ate it-didn't matter what type of chocolate. I can usually "talk" myself out of give into cravings too badly by saying "oh, it's not{dark, or hershey's or whatever} but not last week!

Summer begins for me today-yep, J. is out of school. And guess what-my "baby" has graduated middle school. Where does the time go? Summer can be a challenge for me. Need to bump up the watchfulness.

Oh-if anyone is a Starbuck's addict like myself-you can get any of their frappincino's in a light version now. Got the orange mocha today-gosh, it's hard to believe that it's only 3 points. You can check all the NI at their website.

To DL or not to DL September 2010-that is the question....

Quote Originally Posted by stan4d_steph View Post
    I will be doing that when I take my trip to Europe. Most likely the walking I'll do in London will offset the food, but I'm not going to stress too much over what I eat. I want to try all of the yummy foods on offer.
    I don't usually post here, but I was wondering when you were going to London. I'm going to be there all summer!
    ~Mike
    When's my next race??

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj View Post
    Summer begins for me today-yep, J. is out of school. And guess what-my "baby" has graduated middle school. Where does the time go? Summer can be a challenge for me. Need to bump up the watchfulness.
    Mine aren't out til the 19th. Too long if you ask me. I have one graduating elementary and one middle school. It goes so fast.

Summer is a challenge for me too. I have maintained the 25 lb loss I had but can't seem to get beyond this point. I'm still trying.
    ~Wendy~ Trips to the World ~ 21 * 19 * 18 * 15 * 09 * 10/05 * 6/05 * 02 * 99 * 95 * 91 * 89 * 88 * 81 * 79 * 77 * 76 * 74

Quote Originally Posted by TheChock View Post
    I don't usually post here, but I was wondering when you were going to London. I'm going to be there all summer!
    The first week of September. Wish I could spend the whole summer! Have a great trip! I'm really looking forward to mine.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

1- I realllllly miss cheese. I want to throw together a quesadilla reallllllllly badly. And stupid store didn't have fat free shredded cheddar cheese today. (Yes, I actually don't mind it...)

2- Mini Rice Cakes - yummmm. Today I bought a "new" flavor - yogurt & berries, 0 grams of fat. It's the store brand (sorry people without safeway!) But I'll bet that other "store brands" that carry mini rice cakes might carry a similar flavor? The kettle corn ones are really good, too!

Adrienne

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Thumbs up

FF cheese? Ew! I get the 2% Kraft Mexican Four Cheese blend.

Clif Bar Z Bars -- chocolate brownie. 2 points each.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh, and the only reason I'm posting this is to cheer myself up after my bad weigh-in yesterday, BUT...

Yesterday I looked in the mirror and my outfit was frumpy. Both the shirt and the pants were too big. (When the shirt is too big over fitting pants, it doesn't nearly look as bad. Trust me ).

But this particular pair of cropped pants really is my "old" size and really IS too big for me but the pair of pants I got at Talbots a few weeks ago just isn't quite fitting comfortably... so. Today at Target I tried on some new cropped pants in a new size and they FIT. FIT FIT FIT. They may even be TWO sizes smaller than the pants I wore yesterday! I have to double check now that I think about it....

Anyway. I'm excited. The new pants fit very nicely and I'm very glad for what size they are.

Adrienne

Shrinking for the better

Yay! Pants nsv's are reaaally cool. I'm dealing with a similiar thing myself. Old size is too big; new size fits but isn't "comfortable". Frustrating-but I'll get there. Just not as fast as I'd like!

As for cheese-finding 2% cheese here in difficult. Slices I can find and shreds but blocks of cheese take some searching. Favorite is from Sam's Club-so you may want to check Price Club and Costco. It's Cabot's 50% less fat "Light Cheddar" and Sam's also has jalapeno cheddar light as well. Like the flavor, like how it slices and shreds too. Unfortunately Sam's is in New Mexico and with gas over $3.50 here, I don't get there as often as I'd like.

Blog Entries

Great group

Hello everyone! I'm new around here but I wanted to say "hi." I love reading about everyone's travel down this wonderful weight loss road....that for me has a tendency to feel like a windy, curvy, uphill and rutted road. I am headed to WDW in Jan 08 and it prompted me to start doing something about my out of control weight lately. I am 5'7" and was at 278. Needless to say I wanted to be able to enjoy Disney with my family and not have to worry about whether I will fit on the rides- let alone whether I could actually walk from ride to ride. I am currently at 247 and I am working hard at going down the hill instead of up. I love the meal suggestions, etc. that you talk about, but most of all I love the support that you give each other. It is great to have the support of other people at meetings - but meetings are not 24/7. It's funny how those chocolate cravings and the "I really don't want to walk today.." come a day AFTER the meeting when the support is not there. But to end this ramble, congrats to everyone here, you are a very inspiring group and I look forward to chatting more!

Kim
    I finally "get it" I truly, truly do.

Blog Entries

Good for you, Kim!

The exercise will definitely serve you well for you WDW visit!

Welcome Kim!

I have to say that trips to Montreal are not conducive to weight loss. On the other hand, the croissants were fabulous!

I'm making the layered Mexican chicken this week. It's one of my favorite WW recipes ever. I also would recommend the glazed pear muffins, but add more lemon juice and lemon zest to the glaze to give them an extra kick. The recipe as written just didn't have as good a flavor.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kassandrasmom View Post
    But to end this ramble, congrats to everyone here, you are a very inspiring group and I look forward to chatting more!
    Welcome, Kim.

My road has been crowded with entirely too many roadblocks but I'm sooooo not willing to give up. Thanks for chiming in because I need as much support and other like minded people around me as I can get!

Adrienne, the totally self-absorbed.

Blog Entries

I was just about to write how self-absorbed I am also Adrienne, and then I noticed our avitars. Obviously we're not that self-absorbed (right?). Oh those roadblocks. If I wasn't such a smooth rationalizer (sp?) I might do a little better. Gaining weight was never this hard - it should be just as easy to take it off. But it does make me feel all the better when I make it past one. I had a meeting at work last night which was catered with pizza (one of my biggest downfalls!) and I knew I had to have a piece or I would be the crankiest, non-functioning worker there (see, rationalized, or validated, one or the other). So....after two pieces I did stop. At first I was really upset with myself for my inability to control myself, but then I realized....hey its better than the five you would have eaten before. Then I went for a walk after my meeting. I like to try and jog - but if I'm not wearing the right undies my 'little' roll likes to make supportive clapping sounds for me. Although I look at it as clapping in support sounds, I don't think the people walking behind/ahead of me think that when I go by. Anyway....and here I thought I wasn't self-absorbed...ooops...sorry for the ramble, again!!!

Kim
    I finally "get it" I truly, truly do.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

If you go to a center with food available -- The One Point mini bars - Dark Chocolate Raspberry.

OMG.

OMG.

TDF.

Adrienne

Shrinking for the better

Just a lil observation this am-isn't it "interesting" that I run over here first thing Thursday afternoon to post when I had a loss at the scale...but a gain? Nah, that can to Friday morning .

Yeah, up .7. Not much in the wide scheme of things-but it takes me so long to lose that it is really disappointing. Not unexpected though. There were LOTS of blt's that didn't get written in the journal last week. So the goal this week is to do better with that-if I bite it; write it kinda thing.

Kim-in another post you were asking about walking with your kiddo in the winter in Canada. Have you tried any of Leslie Sansone's "walking" dvd's? I love them. I don't have to be overly coordinated to do them(always an issue with me) and I can do them at home-so there are no excuses not to exercise(another issue with me).

Sorry to hear it tjrj. I seem to be losing the same few pounds over and over.