Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: On an average day, How many people go to Disneyland

On an average day, How many people go to Disneyland

I am very curious about this. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxandHenrysmom View Post
    Slow day, 20,000? Packed day, 55,000?
    Planning 3 trips at once...

I lost count at 82..... ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    LOL that made me laugh

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxandHenrysmom View Post
    M10t has good numbers but you have to define "average day" -weekend, weekday, which season.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    That would be just among MP posters.
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    So how many have you counted so far?

It does depend on a lot of factors like special meetings, special days, day of the week, and special events. If one took the total annual attendance and divided it by 365 they one would come up with an average which is more than 82 but less than one million.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    That would be just among MP posters.
    And whether or not there's a MouseAdventure going on!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

TEA/ERA reported that Disneyland had 14,721,000 guests in 2008.

http://www.themeit.com/TEAERA2008.pdf

That makes the "daily" average 40,332, but as mentioned above, on a slow day it might be less than 20,000 guests, and of course on busy days, over 70,000 or even more depending on capacity and what the park is offering....

Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

There is another website out there that had a graph of the average attendance over a year. It was easy to get an idea of how busy holidays, spring breaks and the summer months were expected to be. Sadly it has not been updated for years and is no longer very accurate.

I wish there was something out there like that.

During one visit I found one of those Cast Member daily news sheets. It was pretty cool. Had some information about the park like special events, hours, ride closures, and I believe it had some information about expected attendence. If anyone is interested I could find it and post it someplace. I kept it as a souvenir.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

You could be a big pig too!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    There is another website out there that had a graph of the average attendance over a year. It was easy to get an idea of how busy holidays, spring breaks and the summer months were expected to be. Sadly it has not been updated for years and is no longer very accurate.

I wish there was something out there like that.
    I am with you on this. I keep thinking that with all of the mousepadders who visit the park regularly we could create a new attendance curve. Or at least an ongoing calendar to answer the questions of "how busy will the park be?" It would be unscientific but this is my thought:

A special calendar would need to be set up. For each day of the year MousePlanet could enter the events of the day as seen in the upcomming events section of the weekly park update. Then padders who attended on any specific day could rate how crowded the park felt on a scale of 1 (where is everybody?) to 5 (where is my left arm? I lost it in the crowd) It would also be great if the calendar could report the wait times from the board for, say, 2:00 pm each day to give another data point. Then we could all use it to scope out potential dates for travel. Wouldn't that be fun and a total value add to MousePlanet/MousePad?
    Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidHair View Post
    Then padders who attended on any specific day could rate how crowded the park felt on a scale of 1 (where is everybody?) to 5 (where is my left arm? I lost it in the crowd)
    But everyone is going to have a different definition of what "crowded" means.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Then we should use Mermaidhair's idea of posting the 2:00 pm ride board. Perhaps we could just ask the mousepaders to post the same two or three rides wait times. I bet we could get a pretty good calendar going with some of the only crowded data figures Disney supplies us.

I started a thread called "How busy were the parks" and it really didn't go anywhere.

I think Darkbeer posts photo's of the ride board someplace. I'll email him and ask for his input.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Wait time in minutes according to DL wait board right now:

Autopia - 15
    Big Thunder - 10
    Buzz - 20
    Indy - 35 (just changed from 25)
    Roger Rabbit - closed
    Space - 30
    Splash - 55
    small world - 10
    Nemo subs - 45
    Matterhorn - 25
    Peter Pan - 40
    Pirates - 15

Cool

Not bad! Wish I was there. I know it will be a lot more crowded in 2 weeks when I'm there, right when socal blockout ends.

You could be a big pig too!
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I totally agree, that is why I suggested both subjective feedback and objective (wait board). I think both together would work well.

The kicker is having the back-end organization in place. I think just a thread here on the message boards would be too hard to dig through to find the info needed. Also, we need people to commit to providing the wait times data, etc. Perhaps the Ridemax folks could help. . . OK - now I am just brainstorming. My personal "Blue Sky" vacation planner!
    Disneyland trips: '72, '77' 78 '79, '80, '86, '99, '06, '07, '08, '09 , '11, '13, '14, '15 and '16
    WDW solo trips: '13, '14, and '16

"My favorite part of Disneyland is spending time with my family" -- DD, age 10

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidHair View Post
    I totally agree, that is why I suggested both subjective feedback and objective (wait board). I think both together would work well.

The kicker is having the back-end organization in place. I think just a thread here on the message boards would be too hard to dig through to find the info needed. Also, we need people to commit to providing the wait times data, etc. Perhaps the Ridemax folks could help. . . OK - now I am just brainstorming. My personal "Blue Sky" vacation planner!
    If we started a thread I volunteer to keep it on a spread sheet and then we could eventually graph it out over a year.

Would be great if we could get wait times for say Splash Mountain and Space Mountain for mid week and esspecially weekends and holidays

I contacted Darkbeer with an email cause he takes photos of the ride board and posts them. Would be cool to get the dates and times he took the photos for some history. I have not heard back from him