Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AP Hotel Rates?

AP Hotel Rates?

I was wondering when DL will post their AP hotel rates for November. Do they add a month every month or two months?

2. # ADS

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They are up thru Oct now, so maybe the first of next month.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

That's what I'm thinkin' Lincoln, thank!

October Prices

We are going to be in Disneyland 10-11 to 10-18 and I am trying to decide if it is worth getting an AP for the Hotel discounts. Can anyone tell me the Disneyland Hotel rates for this time period?

Quote Originally Posted by apgoodb View Post
    We are going to be in Disneyland 10-11 to 10-18 and I am trying to decide if it is worth getting an AP for the Hotel discounts. Can anyone tell me the Disneyland Hotel rates for this time period?
    I was just looking around on the AP site and plugged your dates in. The rates were from 221 at the PPH to 333 at GCH the DLH was in between with a rate change for the weekend. These were all standard rooms but I noticed that concierge level at PPH was 306 which does not seem too bad, if those kind of rates don't make you twitch like they do me.

I think the ap rates on the calendar for Oct. are just the standard discount at this time. It remains to be seen if/when they will go to AP9 or whatever number is up next, but that's what they've done for the last some-odd years. I can't remember when those rates appeared last year, but it was end of July-beginning of Aug., I think. Those rates usually run around $169 - $189 - $225 for standard (PPH, DLH, GCH) in the fall. But this year is kind of crazy so who knows?

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

DizMeDD & DizMe

Last year we went Nov. 16 through Nov. 19th, and the AP rate for PPH was $149 a night. I hope that's still the case this year!

How does AP Work

Thanks for all of your help. I do have a question on how the AP works. Can I reserve a room now, without having an AP, and then once we are there get the pass and get the AP rate? Or do you need to reserve with the AP rate to get it?
    Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all of your help. I do have a question on how the AP works. Can I reserve a room now, without having an AP, and then once we are there get the pass and get the AP rate? Or do you need to reserve with the AP rate to get it?
    Thanks,
    You need to show the AP at check in. So you can reserve without it, but purchase it with the rooms or purchase it online prior to check in.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
    I think the ap rates on the calendar for Oct. are just the standard discount at this time. It remains to be seen if/when they will go to AP9 or whatever number is up next, but that's what they've done for the last some-odd years. I can't remember when those rates appeared last year, but it was end of July-beginning of Aug., I think. Those rates usually run around $169 - $189 - $225 for standard (PPH, DLH, GCH) in the fall. But this year is kind of crazy so who knows?
    FWIW, they've been extending the AP8 offer for months and months now. It came out, what, last Fall? And it has continued through Sept 30, if you look at the Specials info about hotel discounts, in the AP section of the website.

The rates shown for October are just the normal AP discount, as you said. I think it was just the end of June or early this month that AP8 was extended through end of Sept, so I would assume next month we'll see if they extend it again or go to the next number.

Yeah, I have been wiating for October-December AP rates. The october rates currently posted don't look very AP'ish to me. $333 across the board at the GCH? There should be some variation. It is the same even on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbitFeet View Post
    FWIW, they've been extending the AP8 offer for months and months now. It came out, what, last Fall? And it has continued through Sept 30, if you look at the Specials info about hotel discounts, in the AP section of the website.

The rates shown for October are just the normal AP discount, as you said. I think it was just the end of June or early this month that AP8 was extended through end of Sept, so I would assume next month we'll see if they extend it again or go to the next number.
    Oh, right. I just wasn't sure if they would start it as a new promotion for fall again or whether it would continue to extend as AP8. Anyway, hopefully one or the other! Those $129 rates in Sept had me drooling and I was hoping we'd see some other good fall/winter rates, though I have no plans *at this time* to go then. Ha ha, famous last words!!!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

DizMeDD & DizMe

The November AP calendar went up today and the prices are outrageous! Last year the rates were $149 a night. For the same time this year they are almost double, $221 during the week! I sure hope they run a special. Does anyone have any insight on the prices and if they might run a special?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreaky View Post
    The November AP calendar went up today and the prices are outrageous! Last year the rates were $149 a night. For the same time this year they are almost double, $221 during the week! I sure hope they run a special. Does anyone have any insight on the prices and if they might run a special?
    Well, I didn't expect a PAP to go up $40. I figured $10 to keep it under $400. So, $221 may be your best bet!

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I have to wonder if they have the rate higher so that marketing can do the shhh hey we have a DEAL for ya, AP folks can get this rate with this offer? They tend to do that a lot, or they'll release the "AP" rate deals later in the fall?

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    I have to wonder if they have the rate higher so that marketing can do the shhh hey we have a DEAL for ya, AP folks can get this rate with this offer? They tend to do that a lot, or they'll release the "AP" rate deals later in the fall?

I really hope that is the case. They still don't look very discounted to me. In December of 07, we got concierge service in the GCH for $315 per night. Now it's $500+

Quote Originally Posted by V.I.N.CENT. View Post
    Yeah, I have been wiating for October-December AP rates. The october rates currently posted don't look very AP'ish to me. $333 across the board at the GCH? There should be some variation. It is the same even on the weekend.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it would be worthwile to upgrade to an AP so that I could get a different hotel rate. I just booked a travel package and we're paying about the same.

By the way, anyone looking to go at the beginning of October: all hotels seem to be booked for Oct 2 and 3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    By the way, anyone looking to go at the beginning of October: all hotels seem to be booked for Oct 2 and 3.
    There is a lot going on that weekend. I believe UEA starts somewhere around there and Gay Days is Oct 2-4. So the park will be pretty full that weekend.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it would be worthwile to upgrade to an AP so that I could get a different hotel rate. I just booked a travel package and we're paying about the same.

Gay Days.
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Thanks everyone. We don't have a choice in weekends - Hawaii schools are off the following week so that's when we're going.

And we thought we were avoiding the crowds by making use of our October break

Thanks everyone. We don't have a choice in weekends - Hawaii schools are off the following week so that's when we're going.

And we thought we were avoiding the crowds by making use of our October break
    There is no such thing as avoiding the crowds anymore. After surviving the week after Xmas, I consider anything else managable!
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

AP Hotel Rates?

Does anyone know around what times Disney offers the AP hotel rates? I never seem to catch them...

Dreaming of a Monte Cristo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by punkyv View Post
    Does anyone know around what times Disney offers the AP hotel rates? I never seem to catch them...
    They are posted now if you have an AP login to disneyland website:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tyCalendarPage

Blog Entries

I've merged your thread with another one of the same title. You might find some of the responses helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I've merged your thread with another one of the same title. You might find some of the responses helpful.
    Thanks, perfect! :o)
    Dreaming of a Monte Cristo!!!