Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Summer Warm Up: Are You Game?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PiePan View Post

Port Orleans Resorts
    You are correct!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Got to get up early in the morning to beat this group!

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It helps being in earlier time zones!

I enjoyed that one. Do I get bonus geek points for not having to look up the names of the resorts at all?!

Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post

I enjoyed that one. Do I get bonus geek points for not having to look up the names of the resorts at all?!
    How about a laurel -- and hardy handshake?
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

How come I have such a hard time finding the quests? Where is the latest one posted?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageGirl View Post
    How come I have such a hard time finding the quests? Where is the latest one posted?
    Click on either the WDW or Disneyland update -- there's a box with links
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Thanks, Niwel! I didn't realize that they were in the Disneyland section, too. The new quest for today was not posted in the WDW section (which is where I looked).

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Niwel! I didn't realize that they were in the Disneyland section, too. The new quest for today was not posted in the WDW section (which is where I looked).
    The Walt Disney World Resort Update did not run today, but I put a message on the front page with a link to the quests.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    The Walt Disney World Resort Update did not run today, but I put a message on the front page with a link to the quests.

AVP
    And thanks for posting that - I usually check to see if both updates are there, and then if one is missing, see if there's a note (otherwise I worry about the people who write them!!), THEN read them!
    Cathy

Answers to Quest 8

Goofy is going in June, Donald is staying at Fort Wildreness and Minnie is unsing the base ticket with no expiration.

Quest 8 answer already?

Quest 8 isn't even posted yet!!!

No matter where you go, there you are!

All you have to do is change the previous quest number in the URL to the next one. As soon as it is available it comes up.

Monday park updates are the official "start" time

I've been waiting all morning (it's now 9:15 AM EDT) here for the Park updates to be published to start the quest. I think the idea of holding the updates is to give everyone on both coasts a fair chance. We on the east coast definitely have an advantage already, but posting the answer before the quest is "officially" published should be a disqualification!

Game 8 is now on

Mouseplanet has finally been updated with Monday's park update (DL only). No WDW update today.

Sorry, TerryTiger

I am sorry if you feel that way. I am not trying to take anything away from anyone. I have never been able to get to the weekly quest until much, much later in the day. This morning, I was up a little earlier than usual and thought about the quest. That is why I completed it. I put my answer in spoiler font to not ruin it for anyone.

I am disqualifying myself from this week's quest

I am sorry if you feel that way. I am not trying to take anything away from anyone. I have never been able to get to the weekly quest until much, much later in the day. This morning, I was up a little earlier than usual and thought about the quest. That is why I completed it. I put my answer in spoiler font to not ruin it for anyone.
    I tried your suggestion and was able to open the quest before the official publishing. Consequently, I will disqualify myself to be fair. (I did come up with the same answer as you tho). Normally Mouseplanet is the first site I visit every morning and this morning was no exception - I was getting frustrated when all the other Disney sites I visit daily received their Monday updates (usually much later than MP) and MP still showed Friday... I presume the update came late specifically for the reasons I stated earlier - to give everyone on both coasts an equal opportunity at the quest. It's the same thing in the real MA, events have an official start and end time so everyone is given equal footing. Just my 2 cents...

Yen Sid's Apprentices

Okay, I got those answers, but I have a question.

Which clue is it that tells you

that Minnie has the no expiration, or that Pluto only has the base? It seems like the only clue I could find that mentioned it was that Pluto was only doing one park per day, and that could be done with either ticket.

And I'm going to be angry with myself if it's just because I can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetheart View Post
    Okay, I got those answers, but I have a question.

Which clue is it that tells you

that Minnie has the no expiration, or that Pluto only has the base? It seems like the only clue I could find that mentioned it was that Pluto was only doing one park per day, and that could be done with either ticket.

And I'm going to be angry with myself if it's just because I can't read.

There is a lot of assumption necessary to solve it. My assumption was that Minnie bringing Daisy for a "girl's weekend" was an add'l trip from the "week-long trips" that all had planned. And of course, why wouldn't she just get the annual pass too (since she would be presumed to travel along with Mickey)? And of course, there will be an argument about Mickey's admission ticket: is an Annual Pass a ticket? or should it read "Mickey's admission media"...

Yen Sid's Apprentices
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTiger View Post

There is a lot of assumption necessary to solve it. My assumption was that Minnie bringing Daisy for a "girl's weekend" was an add'l trip from the "week-long trips" that all had planned. And of course, why wouldn't she just get the annual pass too (since she would be presumed to travel along with Mickey)? And of course, there will be an argument about Mickey's admission ticket: is an Annual Pass a ticket? or should it read "Mickey's admission media"...
    My only problem with that assumption is that

if you assume that, then it doesn't give you the time of year that Minnie was visiting. So either way, you're missing one of the important pieces of information.

But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that had to make assumptions. Even with the MA credo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTiger View Post

Without assuming anything, this is how I understood it:

The intro says Mickey and Minnie each take a trip. Donald took his nephews and Uncle Scrooge, but not Daisy, so there's no reason to assume Minnie went with Mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by PiePan View Post
    Without assuming anything, this is how I understood it:

The intro says Mickey and Minnie each take a trip. Donald took his nephews and Uncle Scrooge, but not Daisy, so there's no reason to assume Minnie went with Mickey.

There are problems with the logic in the whole puzzle. We really don't know WHEN Minnie takes her week-long trip (as stated in the intro). If we don't ASSUME the "girl's weekend" during Flower&Garden is an add'l trip , then there is no logical reason for any of them to have the no-expire option ticket! There is really no justifcation for Mickey to have the annual pass over a 7-day ticket either except for the statement about his being the most expensive. The whole puzzle is about assumptions (which of course, you aren't supposed to do in a real MouseAdventure)!

Blog Entries

I don't know, I've done 'weekends' that are 7 days long! I assumed that Minnie only does the one trip - the only way you can figure out she's going in April.

I don't think it's assuming that Mickey gets the AP, because it SAYS he's getting the most expensive, and if they're each having a week long trip planned, then he would only get a 7 day - and 7 day no expiration is cheaper than an annual pass.

But I agree, I seen NOTHING that says Minnie vs Pluto gets the Base + no expiration vs just base, unless you use the 'weekend' trip with Daisy - but then, as stated, that means you don't know if Minnie or Goofy visit in April (vs June)

AVP/Joe - can you explain this one, please!
    Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I'll let Joe get into specifics, but this wasn't a traditional logic puzzle, and we stated outright that there may be more than one way to solve for each variable, but ONLY one way to account for ALL of them.

To address the issue raised last week, this week's quests will have a different naming convention, AND you will actually have to have SOLVED last week's quest - not just peeked at the answers - to open the next quest.

Everyone happy?

AVP

Blog Entries

Did anyone solve it correctly?

Cathy

8/31 Answer

Team #10