Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Summer Warm Up: Are You Game?

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure Summer Warm Up: Are You Game?

MouseAdventure is headed to Florida for our inaugural Walt Disney World MouseAdventure event on Saturday, November 14, and this summer is the perfect time for new players and returning veterans alike to start flexing their mental muscles to prepare for the challenge. To give you a taste of what's in store for you at our first-ever Florida event, we've designed a series of MouseAdventure quests for you to enjoy all summer long.

We will publish a new MouseAdventure quest in the Walt Disney World Resort Update each Monday through October 5. The quest published on the first Monday of each month is a full MouseAdventure-style quest for you to print out and solve in the theme parks. The other weeks, we'll give you a MouseAdventure-style Mini Quest that you can solve at home, using data available on MousePlanet.com. These 14 puzzles will showcase a variety of traditional MouseAdventure quest formats, and just might give you a sneak peek at what we're planning for the Fall event.

The first quest in the series is designed to be solved in the parks, and is unique in that it can be solved at Disneyland OR Walt Disney World. Once you think you've solved the quest, come back here to discuss your answers. The answers to this quest and a brand-new quest will be published in the July 13 Walt Disney World Resort Update.

Are you game? Read the July 6th Disneyland or Walt Disney World Update and print the first quest!

Last edited by AVP; 07-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this is a GREAT idea, AVP. Though this may eliminate any hope of advantage our team may have had from at least being familiar with the way quests are laid out!

Cathy

Wasn't this part of a previous MouseAdventure eye spy? Still fun though since my hubby won't go to florida to do the MA there.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Liota View Post
    Wasn't this part of a previous MouseAdventure eye spy? Still fun though since my hubby won't go to florida to do the MA there.
    This particular quest is from a past Disneyland MouseAdventure, and was selected because it's playable at either Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The rest of the quests we'll publish this summer are brand new quests, and the remaining three in-park quests must be solved in Walt Disney World. The whole point of this is to give WDW players an idea of what MouseAdventure looks like, since we're always asked for "sample" quests.

AVP

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We hope you enjoyed the first in-park quest, and tomorrow we'll present the first online quest. These quests can be solved by anyone with access to the Internet, using data available on MousePlanet.com, so no theme park visit is required. Even better, the first person to post the correct answer to Quest #2 here will recieve a MousePlanet baseball cap.

Check tomorrow's Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort Updates for Quest #2, and good luck!

AVP

Blog Entries

When I clicked on the link in both the WDW and DL updates for the second quest (where I was going to guess the number since I didn't want to wait until tomorrow), I get an error for Adobe reader: The file is damaged and could not be repaired.
    I'll try it on another computer later today, but thought you'd want to know.

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    When I clicked on the link in both the WDW and DL updates for the second quest (where I was going to guess the number since I didn't want to wait until tomorrow), I get an error for Adobe reader: The file is damaged and could not be repaired.
    I'll try it on another computer later today, but thought you'd want to know.
    See, Adobe knew you hadn't really solved the first quest, and is making you wait until tomorrow.

(Actually, something's wrong with the file, and Joe needs to fix it before my e-mail box explodes)

AVP

Answer:

WALT

(In spoiler tags for anyone still working on it!)
    Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

1st Official Riders on Nemo!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    Answer:

WALT

(In spoiler tags for anyone still working on it!)

I concur....right when I usually do....after you already have answered!
    I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean. You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket! ~The Vandals "Pirates Life"
    READ THE ABOMINABLE BLOG HERE ON MOUSEPLANET.....just click on the blog entry link over there on your left!

Blog Entries

That was a cute one! I have a question about one of the detailed answers:

Didn't Belle used to do story telling in France, too? It's not listed on the MP page, and I didn't see it on the current live entertainment schedule, so if she did, it's probably in 'yesterland' but it got my curiosity peaked. Anybody know?
    Cathy

unable to get 2nd quest

When I click the link for the 2nd quest, I get a blank gray PDF file. There is no question asked (to type in an answer) and nothing showing. I do briefly get the msg at the bottom "PDF loading" then nothing... Another problem for us Mac Safari users?

Terry

No matter where you go, there you are!

What version of acrobat/safari do you have? I can confirm that it works on a mac, although a couple of people have reported that preview had a problem opening it.

The files were all created and tested on a mac, so it should be fine.

Doesn't work for me, either...

I can't seem to get Quest #2, either. I tried using Safari (v. 4.0.2) and Firefox (v. 2.0.0.11) and neither worked. I also tried downloading the pdf file to my desktop from each browser, and Preview said "File Error. Couldn't open the file."

I also tried opening it with Acrobat 7.0 Professional, but it says the file is password protected...

I don't want to whine because you guys are AWESOME!, but I want to play!!

The Acceptables - MA Decades Advanced - Spring 2010 - 14th Place
    The Acceptables - MA Trains, Trams and Monorails! Advanced - Spring 2009 - 16th Place
    The Acceptables - MA Mystery! Basic - Fall 2008 - 1st Place
    The Acceptables - MA Basic - Fall 2007 - 3rd Place (tie)
    The Acceptables - MA Basic - Spring 2007 - 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by AcceptablyJen View Post
    I can't seem to get Quest #2, either. I tried using Safari (v. 4.0.2) and Firefox (v. 2.0.0.11) and neither worked. I also tried downloading the pdf file to my desktop from each browser, and Preview said "File Error. Couldn't open the file."

I also tried opening it with Acrobat 7.0 Professional, but it says the file is password protected...

I don't want to whine because you guys are AWESOME!, but I want to play!!
    We ALWAYS want to hear when something doesn't work right.

Quest 2 is password protected with the answer to the first quest. Enter the WORD for the number of photos from Quest 1 that were taken in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Park.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    Quest 2 is password protected with the answer to the first quest. Enter the WORD for the number of photos from Quest 1 that were taken in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Park.
    [wendy whiner voice from SNL] But it's WEDNESDAY and you said that we'd have the answer to Quest 1 on TUESDAY. [/wendy whiner] (or you can just do like I did and keep guessing numbers!)
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    [wendy whiner voice from SNL] But it's WEDNESDAY and you said that we'd have the answer to Quest 1 on TUESDAY. [/wendy whiner] (or you can just do like I did and keep guessing numbers!)
    It's coming! Just a little later than originally expected. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBoy View Post
    We ALWAYS want to hear when something doesn't work right.

I am also Safari 4.0.2 and it opens with Safari as just a blank page, Preview will NOT open it. Do I need to buy Acrobat Professional where it at least asks for a password to be able to open it?
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTiger View Post
    I am also Safari 4.0.2 and it opens with Safari as just a blank page, Preview will NOT open it. Do I need to buy Acrobat Professional where it at least asks for a password to be able to open it?
    I'm not completely sure what is going on, but I do know that Adobe Reader (formally Adobe Acrobat Reader) will open the file fine. It is a free download from Adobe.

On several Macs that we have tested, Preview is opening the file just fine. I will be running further tests today.

I would like to guess the answer for Quest #3.

Is it

ABC
    "Fate rarely call upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical." - Yogi Berra

Blog Entries

That would have been my guess, bananaman20 (I already have a hat).

But wouldn't

DISN also be a correct response?
    Cathy

Well, although we might have accepted it, technically cable channels are not networks.

Blog Entries

Did not know that, Joe.

So Cartoon Network isn't really a network, they just call themselves that? and ESPN - oh that would have fit as a response, too, right? And probably better since the N word matches! (or at least as much as the T in Epcot matches the word Tomorrow - since I don't think either are officially acronyms any more)

See, I would do horrid at writing quests - I always think of these weird nuances from thinking too much.
    Cathy

To be honest, I didn't know that either, but it makes a sense. A network consists of multiple localized broadcast stations (affiliates) delivering your programming. A cable channel is a national feed that is not delivered via local stations.

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Glad you all had fun trying to figure it out

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.