Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: MouseAdventure Summer Warm Up: Are You Game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure Summer Warm Up: Are You Game?

MouseAdventure is headed to Florida for our inaugural Walt Disney World MouseAdventure event on Saturday, November 14, and this summer is the perfect time for new players and returning veterans alike to start flexing their mental muscles to prepare for the challenge. To give you a taste of what's in store for you at our first-ever Florida event, we've designed a series of MouseAdventure quests for you to enjoy all summer long.

We will publish a new MouseAdventure quest in the Walt Disney World Resort Update each Monday through October 5. The quest published on the first Monday of each month is a full MouseAdventure-style quest for you to print out and solve in the theme parks. The other weeks, we'll give you a MouseAdventure-style Mini Quest that you can solve at home, using data available on MousePlanet.com. These 14 puzzles will showcase a variety of traditional MouseAdventure quest formats, and just might give you a sneak peek at what we're planning for the Fall event.

The first quest in the series is designed to be solved in the parks, and is unique in that it can be solved at Disneyland OR Walt Disney World. Once you think you've solved the quest, come back here to discuss your answers. The answers to this quest and a brand-new quest will be published in the July 13 Walt Disney World Resort Update.

Are you game? Read the July 6th Disneyland or Walt Disney World Update and print the first quest!

Last edited by AVP; 07-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this is a GREAT idea, AVP. Though this may eliminate any hope of advantage our team may have had from at least being familiar with the way quests are laid out!

Cathy

Wasn't this part of a previous MouseAdventure eye spy? Still fun though since my hubby won't go to florida to do the MA there.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Liota View Post
    Wasn't this part of a previous MouseAdventure eye spy? Still fun though since my hubby won't go to florida to do the MA there.
    This particular quest is from a past Disneyland MouseAdventure, and was selected because it's playable at either Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The rest of the quests we'll publish this summer are brand new quests, and the remaining three in-park quests must be solved in Walt Disney World. The whole point of this is to give WDW players an idea of what MouseAdventure looks like, since we're always asked for "sample" quests.

AVP

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We hope you enjoyed the first in-park quest, and tomorrow we'll present the first online quest. These quests can be solved by anyone with access to the Internet, using data available on MousePlanet.com, so no theme park visit is required. Even better, the first person to post the correct answer to Quest #2 here will recieve a MousePlanet baseball cap.

Check tomorrow's Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort Updates for Quest #2, and good luck!

AVP

Answer

Is the name GO for go network?

Blog Entries

cetrata, the answer (and some other discussion) was in spoiler boxes in posts earlier in the thread.

To read spoiler text, just highlight the box with your mouse cursor. Also, on internet explorer, you can triple click in the box, and it will all 'appear'.

Click here for the FAQ about spoilers, that includes one method on adding them yourself.

Cathy

Need answer for Quest 2

Since I still can't open quest 2 (blank page is all that displays) and consequently can't determine the correct answer without being able to read the question, can I have the answer so I an at least play quest 3? When I click the link for quest 3 I do get the password question but the answer in the previous spoilers doesn't work - says invalid password.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The link to the Quest #2 answer key is here:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/MAsamples...202-answer.pdf

The answer in the spoiler box above is correct, and I just tested it again to make sure it works. Make sure you enter the word in lower case - if you enter upper case, you'll receive an error box advising you to try again after turning off your CAPS lock.

Terry, you should PM Joe (movieboy) directly so he can help troubleshoot the Quest #2 problem you're having.

AVP

Cptn: Rainbow Ridge Rider of Anaheim

Quest #3

Hello all,
    Are there two errors in Quest #3 because for A8 (Wilderness) I get an E should it be A7 instead? Also for D5 (Twilight) I get an I. Should it be D2? Or am I using a different source then what was designed in the puzzle?

Thanks,
    Music Man

Got to get up early in the morning to beat this group!

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Blog Entries

It helps being in earlier time zones!

I enjoyed that one. Do I get bonus geek points for not having to look up the names of the resorts at all?!

Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post

I enjoyed that one. Do I get bonus geek points for not having to look up the names of the resorts at all?!
    How about a laurel -- and hardy handshake?
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

How come I have such a hard time finding the quests? Where is the latest one posted?

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageGirl View Post
    How come I have such a hard time finding the quests? Where is the latest one posted?
    Click on either the WDW or Disneyland update -- there's a box with links
    Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.