Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brothers riding together (children riding alone)

Blog Entries

I agree with MammaSilva pretty much. Here is how I *think* it will go down.

Dumbo - Probably no, CMs are pretty strict, will depend on how mature 10yo appears
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride- probably yes
    Matterhorn-Probably no
    Haunted Mansion-Probably yes
    Buzz Lightyear Astro-Probably yes, but you will have a fight as one won't be able to play.
    Toy Story Mania-Probably no, seating is 2 per car
    Orange Stinger-No
    Jumpin Jellyfish-Probably yes
    Mulholland Madness-No, height require unless the 4yos are very tall
    Go Go Gadget Coaster-yes
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin-Probably yes
    Peter Pan-Probably yes,
    Tuc N Rolls Drive'em Buggies-16yo rule applies,
    Autotopia-Probably yes,
    Star Tours-Probably yes,
    Space Mountain-Probably yes
    etc.

To clarify, all of above is 4yo riding with 10yo. No, they will NOT allow 4yos by themselves.

Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it mostly depends on who is there. Hopefully my 10-year-old niece appears as responsible as she is...
    I have taken one of the babies and a 4 year old on Toy Story Mania before, but they did say the baby had to sit on the seat. They warned me that it spins quickly, and off we went. A little awkward but it worked. I'll see how she does with having one of the little guys and a four year old and maybe we can try that for Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear-having a baby & 4 year old each.
    On the lady bug boogie in CA one cast member told me the baby had to sit on the seat. Then he switched roles with another cast member. The new one said, if I was having trouble holding the baby on the seat, I could hold him. Having a sling is best for that ride.
    Has anyone had experience or noticed if they will let you have a baby in a sling on most rides? Do they ever make you take a baby out of a sling or make you have the baby face forward in the sling? (This is assuming it is a ride without height restrictions.)

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Ok, I just re-read your post. There are no rides where 4-year-olds can ride in their own vehicle. With that many children, you really would need another adult to do a number of the rides.

Adrienne
    Some of the local professional nanny/babysitting services offer the option of hiring a nanny/babysitter to come with you into the park to help you with your children. In fact, some of them will take your children to Disneyland for you while you do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by emmajean View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it mostly depends on who is there. Hopefully my 10-year-old niece appears as responsible as she is...
    I have taken one of the babies and a 4 year old on Toy Story Mania before, but they did say the baby had to sit on the seat. They warned me that it spins quickly, and off we went. A little awkward but it worked. I'll see how she does with having one of the little guys and a four year old and maybe we can try that for Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear-having a baby & 4 year old each.
    On the lady bug boogie in CA one cast member told me the baby had to sit on the seat. Then he switched roles with another cast member. The new one said, if I was having trouble holding the baby on the seat, I could hold him. Having a sling is best for that ride.
    Has anyone had experience or noticed if they will let you have a baby in a sling on most rides? Do they ever make you take a baby out of a sling or make you have the baby face forward in the sling? (This is assuming it is a ride without height restrictions.)
    For Toy Story that was going to be my suggestion. As far as a sling, most of the threads I have read over time seem that a foward facing carrier is best, cause like on Peter Pan, they have to sit foward, even if asleep with their little feet under the bar. And Francis' Boogie, we put me a 21 y/o, a 17, 16, 10 and 7 all in one at the CM suggestion, so you could all be in one. Heimlich will allow 3 in the train but someone has to lap sit. evne if you fit three across.

Every Day Is Disneyland Day! DizneyMommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmajean View Post
    I have done these with both a sling, Bjorn and nothing. On Toy Story, I have been asked to remove the baby from the carrier, and not asked, depends on the CM. BUT, I have NEVER been asked to set the baby on the seat, in the dozen+ times I've ridden it. She is 17 months now, but has been going on it since about 12. It is hard on their necks, turns really sharply, I'd hold off on taking a baby on that ride until closer to age one, personally. I don't think that it would be safe to set a baby on the seat by herself as fast as that ride whips you around. Personally, if it was me, I'd take both babies myself, one on each knee, and a 4 year old, and let the 10 year old and other 4 year old go together.

On Lady Bug Boogie, I was asked to remove the baby from the sling, but was able to ride with her on my lap.

The ONLY ride in either park I have ever been told I MUST put the baby on the seat was Roger Rabbit and I will never do that ride again until she is 4. I felt like that was totally unsafe, but didn't realize how bad it was until we were already moving. I actually picked her up and put her in my lap halfway through, not caring if they removed me from the ride, at least my child would not slip under the bar and fall out. That was at about 14 months I think, and she is a big baby.

I've actually ridden several rides with the baby in a carrier, sling or Bjorn, and never been stopped. But slow rides, HM, Pirates, SW, Pooh, Buzz, Monsters, etc. It just seems so backwards to me that the faster and more dangerous the ride, the more likely the CM's tell you to take the baby out of the safe carrier or put them on the seat.
    Disneyland AP since 1994, WDW CSR Aug 2010

That is so interesting how different your experiences were from mine.

The babies are 4 months and 17 months. In Toy Story I do think they required me to put the little one on the seat, but it could have been the older baby. I had another adult along then. I had my arm around him and the other hand on him too. I would feel much better about one on each knee, if they will allow it.

Safety is definately #1 priority. #2 would be standing in line forever and then not allowed on. Tantrums galore.

Heimlich is no problem, the 4 year olds can just ride together again.

Thanks for the list malcolm10t.

We are going this week. I'll let you know how it goes.