Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: First look: Disneyland's enhanced Fantasmic! show (without dragon)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseVII View Post
    So there's no way to know if there will be a 3rd show ahead of time?
    By "ahead of time" do you mean that day? Or a month ahead of time? They will usually determine it that day. Some days, like July 4th, they know there will be a 4th show.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

24 hours would be advanced enough for me. But if they make the decision the morning of, than they definitely wouldn't know 24 hours in advance. Thanks for your response.

Do you mean a 3rd show on the 4th, or do they actually do 4 shows?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseVII View Post
    24 hours would be advanced enough for me. But if they make the decision the morning of, than they definitely wouldn't know 24 hours in advance. Thanks for your response.

Do you mean a 3rd show on the 4th, or do they actually do 4 shows?
    To clarify, on July 4th, they will have 3 showings of Fantasmic! For days a 3rd show is not planned (and placed on the Calendar) they generally make the decision the day of, similar to staying open later (midnight instead of 10pm.)
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Lots of good info in this thread. I didn't even know DL ever stayed open passed the advertised time.

Thanks to all who answered my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    For me, the dragon isn't make or break. I love the whole show. Nothing beats watching my younger crews' faces light up when Peter Pan is fighting Captain Hook, or when Mickey magically appears, or when the princesses come by, etc.. So, yes, would love to see the new dragon, but I won't cancel a trip simply because it isn't working yet.
    We booked the Fantasmic! premium seating and then we were kind of disappointed with no dragon. It's still a good show but I'm not booking premium seating for it again until the dragon is back.

Any word on the dragon?? I know you guys said you thought it would be back on July 14th, but any news?? My family is going next week, the 7th to the 10th, and we really wanted to see the dragon. I've tried postponing the trip but it's just not happening. Just wondered if Disney was going to try and get her up for the 4th and stuff....

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

šoš DisneyManiac šoš HauntedKid's Avatar

Yes....any news...i still have faith...hehe....i hope they fixed it soon, or at least bring back the old one...because..theres a huge hole with no dragon in the show...so...anybody....anything???

I read somewhere....that it may not be ready for this summer and that christmas is still in doubts

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar

still no dragon last night!!

The last I head was that Disney's goal is to debut Murphy on July 4th. Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic Guy View Post
    The last I head was that Disney's goal is to debut Murphy on July 4th. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    interesting to note that something like that has not made it to any of the rumor sites or chat boards out there already. That kind of info is hard to keep quiet especially when there will be double the efforts for testing and management will have lots of eyes on the premiere night. I don't have high hopes for a July 4th premiere - but you never know.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Bummer , I was so excited. Don't know if I want to even see it without her. I'll just cross my fingers that Dumbo will fly then

"If you can dream it, you can do it."
    "You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

Whoa! Murphy Update (Fantasmic)

Rumors have it all over the internet that Murphy, the new fantasmic dragon, will not be showing during the 4th of July weekend. Also, the old fantasmic dragon, Bucky, will not be the substitute for Murphy, because she has officialy retired. This means that Maleficent on a stick will still be the substitute utill Murphy debutes. On July 1st, people at Disneyland report seeing working activity under the stage of ROA. CM's at Disneyland say that the exterior part of Murphy has been finished, now they just need to repair the structural part of Murphy. Murphy is looking at his final preparations before he debutes.

If you have any information about this subject, please share.

Thank You

"Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This doesn't surprise me, based on the initial statment Disney issued in June before the media event. It kind of sounded like it would be awhile before she debuted. I'm not getting my hopes up for the month of July at all....but that's just me.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

In Mexico we have a say : Cuando el rio suena, es que agua lleva, translation..."when river sounds, means water flows" or something like that...anyway... I really hope they fix the dragon already, I mean..c`mon, the promotion of the summer was all about the dragon..pleaseeeee

I miss the powdered soap

Keeping my fingers crossed for July 20-26. I'll be visiting DLR several times before & after Comic-Con.

Alan "Anime Nut" Hufana
    ahufana@comcast.net

How I miss the old days when "Cast Members Only" meant just that.

On July 1st, people at Disneyland report seeing working activity under the stage of ROA. CM's at Disneyland say that the exterior part of Murphy has been finished, now they just need to repair the structural part of Murphy. Murphy is looking at his final preparations before he debutes.
    this is what I`m talking about....hehehe
    Last edited by Andrew; 07-03-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: fix vBcode

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Rumors have it all over the internet
    Oh, well, then that must be definite!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Whoa! Fantasmic Dragon Update (Murphy)

A CM at Disneyland that I know, told me that Murphy, the new fantasmic dragon, is completed. There is still testing needed to do on Murphy so they can make sure that another incident like this won't happen again. Then they have to work out some bugs to make sure Murphy is ready for her premiere, but still, there is no word yet on the priemere date.

A CM at Disneyland that I know, told me that Murphy, the new fantasmic dragon, is completed. There is still testing needed to do on Murphy so they can make sure that another incident like this won't happen again. Then they have to work out some bugs to make sure Murphy is ready for her premiere, but still, there is no word yet on the priemere date.
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!!!

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by angcould View Post
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!!!

Me too

OOOHH PLEASE, LET IT BE TRUE.....NEXT WEEKEND I HAVE PLANS TO GO....THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!! WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAAAAAR

Any news from the show this 4th of july??? Dragon maybe???

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedKid View Post
    Any news from the show this 4th of july??? Dragon maybe???
    We saw the 11:30pm show, and as expected, no dragon. When there will be a dragon, people are going to know about it ahead of time, believe me.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Whoa!

A CM at Disneyland that I know, told me that ... they have to work out some bugs to make sure Murphy is ready for her premiere, but still, there is no word yet on the priemere date.
    According to a CM at Disneyland, and various rumors on the internet, Disney is now aiming to debute Murphy on July 17th. Disneyland will be celebrating its 54th anniversary on July 17th, and to not leave their guest disappionted, Disney is trying to get Murphy ready to Debute on that date, 7-17-09. If this turns out to be true, we are looking at 2 weeks untill Murphy makes her big debute.

Click here to view a photo of the open pit in the ROA stage, were in the night, tech guys work on Murphy.

Thank you MintCrocodile for the photo

Well, I guess I just need to wait, probably I`m still going the next weekend, if theres no dragon, there`s always the holidays hehehehe...thanx Fantasmic guy and Cstephens!!