Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Traveling alone with two 4 year olds

Traveling alone with two 4 year olds

We will be visiting WDW in March 2010 . Have not decided on where to stay yet (will be inside the park). Unfortunately, my husband will not be able to take a full week off from work so I will be alone with two four year olds for the first 4 days. Was wondering how difficult it is to tour the parks with two 4 year olds . Is it doable, will I have problems on the rides? Some days I feel like no problem, I can do this. Other days I get nervous. Would love some feed back / suggestions. Thanks.

2. # ADS

I toured the Park with 1 4yr old and I can say that it went really well. I did take a break with her in the afternoon which worked out well. Most of the FL ride should have enough room for 3. I think if you keep it simple you should have a blast.

Totally doable. When my twins were 4, my oldest was 5 and my youngest was 1. I did Disney all the time with them. The one thing you'll have to watch out for is any rides that require you to sit with a 4 year old that only has 2 seats. Luckily, those are few and far between and can be saved for the days that you have help.

I'd invest in a double buggy hire and get them used to the idea that for many rides (several in MK Fantasyland for example) they get to sit together up front and you'll be right behind them in the next seat back. I'd also try really hard to hit the parks early then abandom them for a rest when they fill up. I think it is the crowds that littlies find the hardest to deal with. I would review all the rides / shows at MK /AK in advance, know where you want to go and just go there. I'm sure they'll LOVE Tom Sawyer island at MK and Boneyard at AK but if you're on your own with them don't save it until you're really tired in case they try to go in different directions!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)