Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What DLR ride could you do without?

What DLR ride could you do without?

I'm sure this thread has been done before but I'm just curious...What DLR ride could you do without or what ride do you just not seem to care to go on?

As for me of course i will throw out the obvious Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

I'm sure kids love it and its a great ride for them but to tear out such classic as Country Bear Jamboree just didn't seem worth it.

in the words of squints

"if you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

2. # ADS

Canadian Disney Fanatic! MissDisney's Avatar

I pretty much dont go on any rides in Fantasyland.
    I liked the Matterhorn... but it needs to be redone... the ride is so jerky, to the point of being painful.

~ Jenn

I would have to say... The King Arthur Carrousel, we just don't ride it very much.

What are you looking foward to the most for Summer Nightastic? Vote Here

"Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure that I could chose one. When I go with my toddlers we tend to ride on type of ride, but if I go with my DH without the kids it's a whole different experience. I love all of the rides, they all have different meanings to me.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

If we are talking the entire resort, I would say Astro Orbitor in DL, the rockets are uncomfortable, and it is a huge eyesore at the entrance of Tomorrowland. Thanks for that one Pressler!
    DCA: tie between Maliboomer and Orange Stinger (or silly symphony swings as it will soon become). Never ridden either one, don't plan to, and would not miss them if they left.

I would say the Monsters Inc ride in DCA... they should have just gotten rid of it when they dumped SSL, another useless ride... or the Winnie the Pooh ride in DL... they either should have not done it, or made it exactly the way it is in WDW.

Disneyland- 94', 95' 96' 97' 98' 99' 00' 01' 01' 02' 03' 03' 04' 05' 06' 07' 08' 09'/10' 10'-19 trips!!!
    Disney World-00' 06' 09'-over Bday!
    No current Disney trips planned
    Hopefully will return to DLR in Fall 2010!

Take me to my city by the bay... Mrs Mouse's Avatar

In DL I don't do Star Tours. I get awful, awful motion sickness from it. I don't do well with simulator rides in general.

In DCA I've never done the Maliboomer and don't intend to - I'd rather go on ToT. Attractions that I have tried, but won't ever do again are Mulholland Madness and the swinging cars on the Fun Wheel (both of these just scare the living daylights out of me).

FWIW, I think I'm one of the only people in the world who actually enjoys the Winnie the Pooh ride.

All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. ~ Charles Schulz

Winnie the Pooh? Monsters Inc.???

What do people have against Winnie the Pooh? It is a kiddie ride for the kids. IT has Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and Eeyore.....what more could you want? I often skip it but it is fun for the kids that cannot go on SPLASH MOUNTAIN which I can go on. I always think that that is for me and Pooh is for the kiddies.

What is wrong with Monsters Inc? It was a great movie. The TV screens advertising are hilarious. THe rules for travel are awesome. You get in a cab that has a video monitor that is very clever and then the ride starts. It is a classic Disney Dark ride. Way cooler than Snow White and Pinocchio and arguably better than Alice. Less irritating song than IASW. The sushi restaurant has real Ginger smells which none of the other rides have. The door sequence is awesome and the videos with different people are hilarious. THe STEVE BUSCHEMI dude(russell?Randall?) changing colors is awesome. At the end you get hit with the air and then Roz actually talks to you. What is so WROOOONG with that ride?????? As far as dark rides go it is probably the best story and through line compared to any of them. Even Peter Pan which is WAAAAAY cool but a confusing through line. Of course nothing beats MR. TOAD but that is arguably the best dark ride.....

Ok. I have that off my chest.

I don't ever go on HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE anymore. Time for something new. Star Tours MUST be changed very very soon.

of course I am mad.....

Disney Fanatic!

I could do without Honey...I Shrunk the Audience and the Astro Orbiter. I can't remember the last time I went on either one of those rides.`

My trips to Disneyland: August 1994, March 1996, Summer 1998, August 2001, December 2002, December 2003, December 2004, February 2005, March 2006, December 2006, August 2007, January 2008, December 2008, October 2009

Love my Happy Place!! mrsdisney68's Avatar

I never go on Roger Rabbits Toon Spin, that ride stinks

Summer trip here I come!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Mouse View Post

FWIW, I think I'm one of the only people in the world who actually enjoys the Winnie the Pooh ride.
    Nope, you're not. It's a rare miss for us. I two toddler boys (2 & 3) who love it, and I LOVE to see their faces light up. I have the feeling that I'll ride it long after they've outgrown it just for the memories.

BTW....I don't do Star Tours for the same reason. Though, I will stand in line with everyone else in my party then politely decline the ride once it's my turn.

There are, of course, rides I prefer not to go on. They've all been mentioned above. But I want every one of them to stay! That means fewer people on the rides I do want to go on. And more diversity in the parks. It gives more depth to the whole experience.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    What do people have against Winnie the Pooh? It is a kiddie ride for the kids. IT has Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and Eeyore.....what more could you want? I often skip it but it is fun for the kids that cannot go on SPLASH MOUNTAIN which I can go on. I always think that that is for me and Pooh is for the kiddies.

What is wrong with Monsters Inc? It was a great movie. The TV screens advertising are hilarious. THe rules for travel are awesome. You get in a cab that has a video monitor that is very clever and then the ride starts. It is a classic Disney Dark ride. Way cooler than Snow White and Pinocchio and arguably better than Alice. Less irritating song than IASW. The sushi restaurant has real Ginger smells which none of the other rides have. The door sequence is awesome and the videos with different people are hilarious. THe STEVE BUSCHEMI dude(russell?Randall?) changing colors is awesome. At the end you get hit with the air and then Roz actually talks to you. What is so WROOOONG with that ride?????? As far as dark rides go it is probably the best story and through line compared to any of them. Even Peter Pan which is WAAAAAY cool but a confusing through line. Of course nothing beats MR. TOAD but that is arguably the best dark ride.....

Ok. I have that off my chest.

I don't ever go on HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE anymore. Time for something new. Star Tours MUST be changed very very soon.

of course I am mad.....
    Thanks for the back up on Pooh and Monsters Inc.
    Monsters is my boys favorite ride at DCA and we rarely go to the parks without riding it. I think it's adorable and hillarious!!

I could do without Monsters Inc. There wasn't a whole lot going on when I rode it, and I was confused as to why.

I really like the Maliboomer, but after riding Tower of Terror, I wondered why they had made an indoor Maliboomer that wasn't half as fun. Sure, the intro movie was cool, but the overall feeling compared to what you get while sitting outside on the Maliboomer isn't as fantastic.

They should get rid of Honey I shrunk the Audience. The entire concept of Honey I shrunk the kids has been done to death.

Also in Tomorrow Land, get rid of Innoventions, and the Starcade. Disney could easily tear out most of Tomorrowland, and I wouldn't miss it. Space Mountain is good. Startours i just ok, although it got old a long time ago. I actually like the Buzz Lightyear ride there. The rest of it could go, especially the starcade.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    Thanks for the back up on Pooh and Monsters Inc.
    Monsters is my boys favorite ride at DCA and we rarely go to the parks without riding it. I think it's adorable and hillarious!!
    We love both of those as well. Although Monsters Inc. tends to break down and needs to be reset often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disney42dude View Post
    We love both of those as well. Although Monsters Inc. tends to break down and needs to be reset often.
    We have actually been very lucky, we go a couple times a month and have yet to have our ride interrupted by a mechanical issue.

Cool

We have actually been very lucky, we go a couple times a month and have yet to have our ride interrupted by a mechanical issue.
    Lucky! Hahaha. The last 3 times it's happened while we're in line.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

I can't stand the franchise of Winnie the Pooh - but the ride? I can't complain. It's cute, it's original (not just another track ride, the honey pot bounces) and my kids love it. When I take my boys, we have to go on it early in the morning when there's no line - and we usually hit it a few times in a row. I liked Country Bears. Wish it was still there. But that doesn't mean I don't like the Pooh ride.

I like Monster's but the ginger effect is too short.

The ride I could do without?

Tower of Terror. Did that once. Don't need to do that again. Ever.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

It's just amazing how we all have different tastes. Some of the rides that people on this thread want to get rid of are my favorites. I don't think there's any ride in either park that I wish would go away. But I do wish they'd move the Astro Orbiter back up on top of the central pylon where it belongs, and open up the entryway to Tomorrowland again.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I don't think that people generally don't like winnie the pooh, the ride is cute and my daughter loves it as well

BUT, if you compare that ride to what was previously there (country bear jamboree) then that's where i believe the problem lies. People feel that the product we recieved was not worth the product that was sacrificed.

I could be wrong but it seems like thats what I always hear on the message boards

in the words of squints

"if you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post

I like Monster's but the ginger effect is too short.

The ride I could do without?

Tower of Terror. Did that once. Don't need to do that again. Ever.

Adrienne
    I agree with the ginger effect. You could miss it and it's one of the best effects.

ToT.....I don't know why I convince myself to ride it again and again. I have a hate/hate relationship with it. I HATE that I keep riding it, thinking it will freak me out less each time I ride it......and I HATE that I scream like a school girl each time!!! LOL. I'm sure I'll ride it again this week....

I second the Mattahorn ride..... to rough, seats uncomfortable and the ride has lost its appeal...

I love star tours but am honestly looking forward to an update to it if the
    rumours are true.... I don't do arcades and feel that spending the money
    to go to Disneyland to play arcade games is a waste, the space could definately be used for something more exciting.

I love the Pooh ride even though it got stuck while we were on it, lol... I just wish they had more to do in critter country, perhaps a couple more rides would be nice......

just my opinion.

Angie

Autopia. Smelly, loud and not very much fun (even for kids).

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the ginger effect. You could miss it and it's one of the best effects.

ToT.....I don't know why I convince myself to ride it again and again. I have a hate/hate relationship with it. I HATE that I keep riding it, thinking it will freak me out less each time I ride it......and I HATE that I scream like a school girl each time!!! LOL. I'm sure I'll ride it again this week....
    If all it did was freak me out, I'd probably like it. I can't "stomach" it.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Winnie the Pooh Pooh