Thread: Glee

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post

Anyway, you'll see it tonight, right?
    No, the Vogue episode is later this season. I saw tonight's episode at Paley Fest a few weeks ago, and it's worth the wait.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

The Madonna episode yes, but no (separate, standalone) Vogue music video tonight?

I guess I'll live.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

The Madonna episode is actually next week, and they're releasing a mini-CD to go along with it.

I've also heard that they're doing a full video of "Vogue". Not sure if that's being aired in its entirety on the episode or available elsewhere.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

I don't know. She had on the full wig and makeup and the side pose and it was shot in black and white, etc. It looked very un-Glee like, if you know what I mean. They were chatting about a premiere of it (I *think*) but I wasn't paying attention until too late.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Squeee!!!!!!

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

Yay. And thank goodness I'm not losing my mind. My husband saw even less of the clip than I did and didn't hear any of the "talking" (probably because I went "OH, OH, LOOKY!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    I know! Go lordy, I have too many shows on Tuesdays already!
    haha - my roommates and I watch ENTIRELY too much television! I have no clue what night shows are on anymore - thanks to the DVR and never really being current with ANY of them!

We literally have a chart. A spreadsheet with the names of the shows going down - the weeks across. Once we watch a show - we circle our initial. If you're the last one to watch it - DELETE it! lol Sounds super complicated - but it actually helps!

We're nerds.

I suppose I should stay on topic at least a little:
    YAY for more GLEE!!!!!!!!
    Katrina - Proud DLR APer

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    APPARENTLY, they *are* going to show the "Vogue" video tonight.
    I can verify this.

My favorite quote from tonight (for the sheer stupidity of the comment) that doesn't spoil any plot points:

Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I can verify this.

My favorite quote from tonight (for the sheer stupidity of the comment) that doesn't spoil any plot points:
    Totally okay. I saw it on the preview last night.

ETA It WAS hysterical.

I watched it tonight and it just did not impress me. I normally LOVE Glee, but it just did not move me. What did you all think?

Siggy aka Jill

Ah, Glee. So glad you're back!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post

Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    Did you see the double-take look that Santana gave her? Priceless.

It was fun watching the episode again. And I still love "Hello" by Lionel Richie.

But my heart broke again for Emma.

Smile The magazine cover is from TV Guide, not People

I just received the TV Guide with the Glee Madonna-wannabe cover in the mail today! I loved the additional photos they have inside. If you don't subscribe and you like Glee, you should pick it up, whenever it hits the newsstands!

I thought tonite's episode was great, except we didn't get to hear Idina sing!! Will we be seeing her again? Sure hope so! I loved the "Vogue" video remake, especially with the changed lyrics that related to Glee things!

Next week's episode should be really good, based on the TV Guide photos and the teaser clips they showed tonite!

Karen W2

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    And I still love "Hello" by Lionel Richie.

But my heart broke again for Emma.
    Agree both of these.

The first is making me re-think the days I'm going to JazzFest (I just can't go all 7 days!), since he's an act one of the days I wasn't planning on going. (Though I did see him a few years back 'accidentally' when Fats Domino had to cancel at the last minute and they switched Richie to the stage Fats was supposed to be at).

And re Emma - that part of the story line did give her character a little more dimension.
    Cathy

Kristin Chenoweth returns April 27th!
    I liked last night. Those Cheerios are ridiculous.
    I'm glad it's back.

They need Chenowith and Menzel in the same episode.

I watched the episode on Hulu and after they showed the Vogue video. I thought it was pretty funny. I did not care for some of the hello songs they played though. I am mad that Rachel is getting taken advantage of again and they play her as so smart, but she is the most naive girl ever. Really.

Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

Yes she is smart. But even smart girls can be derailed by love. She doesn't have a lot of experience with boys. How many of us were swept up by first love and did something stupid as a result?

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

Blog Entries

Tonight is the Madonna episode. I can't wait!!! I've been a big Madonna fan for ages now -- at least since college, & maybe before then.

Team Happy Place - Winners Spring 2009 MouseAdventure: Trains, Trams & Monorails
    Would rather be looking at the back side of water...
    Everything in life is only for now.
    Nope - it never ends.

Loving my sweet pea.

I didn't love last week's episode, either. I was disappointed. Maybe I was too tired, or my expectations were too high. I'm hoping tonight is better. While I don't have anything against Madona and enjoy some of her music, I'm not a huge fan, so I really don't know if tonight's episode is going to do anything for me.

I did love the line about the dolphins, though.

Blog Entries

I watched last week's episode a second time over the weekend.

I still don't love it but am reasonable with it. My thoughts:

Of course it would be hard to follow up the finale, no matter what. And obviously they do have to set up a new season so there were bound to be some bits I didn't care for.

I don't find particularly believable that Will would bounce off Emma and immediately onto a rival glee club leader but they do have three more years of scripts to write. It's not like they can have Will and Emma get together right now; we'd have nothing to look forward to. And it makes sense that they would give him an interest in a possibly evil rival so there could be further tie ins relevant to the glee world.

And if they have to go there, by all means do it with Idina Menzel!

We Rhode Islander Glee Fans are so upset that because American Idol ran long the local station cut to the 10 o'clock news while Glee was still singing "Like A Prayer"!!!! Didn't get to see the end of the song or the "Next On Glee" teaser. It was Fox's fault, so the Fox affiliate should have waited. My DD was telling me how the Glee Vogue video was an almost exact remake and when she tried to find me a copy of the original to watch she found a split screen frame by frame comparison on You Tube. Amazing to watch. I'm not a Madonna fan, so wasn't looking forward to this episode as fans were, but I thought they did a good job of tying it all together with what the songs represent. My favorite was "Like A Virgin" with the three couples alternating views. Two favorite lines: "Rachel, come out and we can talk or sing about it" Sue to Mercedes and Kurt-"Whoopie and Don Knots"
    When I viewed the pilot episode I said that Lea reminds me so much of Idina Menzel they should have her come on to be the egg donor for Rachel's 2 guy dads. Now she has come on once, but I don't know how many more times she is signed on for. At least let her sing one song-what a waste to have her on as just a coach without singing or being Rachel's "mom".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuefromRI View Post
    We Rhode Islander Glee Fans are so upset that because American Idol ran long the local station cut to the 10 o'clock news while Glee was still singing "Like A Prayer"!!!!
    Bummer! I'm not a big Madonna fan but I found this song to be a really nice ensemble piece.

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

I really enjoyed the show tonight, not sure about the new boy but we'll see how things roll out. The blackmail thing is starting to get old fast.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide