Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mickey Monitor AP offer?

Mickey Monitor AP offer?

I had read about the "share the ????" discount that was to be in the summer MM. It is now online and I do not see it at all. I have not gotten mine yet. Has anyone recieved theirs AND did you see this promotion? I understood it to have a discount that could be used WITH the DVC discount for any NEW AP (% off) and a $25 gift card to the AP holder who brings them. We were planning to use this on our June trip. Our oldest needs a PAP. Can anyone give me more info???????? Thanks in advance.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

2. # ADS

Friend of Figment

Effective May 1, 2009 and through July 31 there is a special offer for a 10% discount on new Annual or Premium Annual Passes. This is a referral program for current AP and PAP holders.

In the latest copy of The Mickey Monitor each family which has at least one Annual or Premium Annual Passholder will receive four cards, each of which may be used for up to six new (not renewal) Annual or Premium Annual Passes.

They are intended to go out with the Mickey Monitor, it seems that it would be for people with valid APs and/or PAPs on April 30, 2009. Buying an AP or PAP after this date will not allow you to get the Referral Card.

If the family has only Florida Seasonal, Epcot After 4:00, or Water Park Annual Passes they will not receive this offer.

Additionally, the current Passholder will receive a $25.00 Disney Gift Card for EACH AP or PAP purchased under this program. The Gift Cards will be mailed during August.

Passes sold pre-arrival at AAA, Military Bases, Disney Stores, online, etc., are not eligible for this offer. If you buy an Exchange Certificate at a WDW Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office this does not apply; it must be an original purchase (not at renewal rates) of an active Annual or Premium Annual Pass.

Upgrades from MYW tickets to AP or PAP are allowed with this offer. If you upgrade from a MYW ticket purchased from a discounter, the normal upgrade rules apply in that Disney will absorb the difference between what the original ticket was purchased for and the current gate price of that ticket. (This is known as "price bridging".)

It is valid for Non-Resident, Florida Resident, and DVC Member AP and PAPs only.

I have not seen anything which requires that the person to whom the card is issued must be present at the time of the transaction. It is called a "Passholder Pass-Along Savings Card", so the implication is the passholder does not have to be present.

The new APs or PAPs must all be sold in either a single transaction or different but consecutive transactions. Once the card is used it must be surrendered, even if all six have not been purchased at that time.

For further information go to www.disneyworld.com/savingscard. Note this will take you to a page for Florida Residents. However, on that page is a link to the same program for non-residents.

There is a procedure in place if you have not received your Mickey Monitor, or have not received the card with the MM. This involves having a form filled in at a Guest Relations Office and a new MM, with the card will be mailed to you.

If the person does not have the Referral Card with them at the time of purchase they should pay full price and save their receipt. They may return, no later than July 31, 2009, with the referral card, APs purchased and the receipt. A refund will be issued for the 10%.

If you have a referral card in hand, purchased the AP or PAP at full price between May 1 and July 31 but did not have the referral card with you at that time, and will be unable to return to WDW on or before July 31 contact Ticketing at ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com. Include both the serial numbers of the passes and the information from the referral card (name and number under the bar code). (The ticket serial number is in the format "WXX:??? 05/DD/2009 ????". The "X" may be any letter, a ? may be any number, the date string is the date the pass was issued, and the last string may be anywhere from one to four digits long.)

I have not seen anything about procedures for non-US residents to whom a copy of Mickey Monitor is not normally sent.

For computation purposes, here are the prices for the various allowed passes, including tax. Note I could not get these to line up properly, so I bolded the alternate columns.

Type of Pass Adult AP Child AP Adult PAP Child PAP

Tourist 449.54 396.82 574.14 506.09

Florida Resident 344.10 302.89 459.12 404.49

DVC Member 353.69 312.47 454.33 400.65

These prices are for new passes only, not renewals.

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Friend of Figment

Duplicate Post - Moderator Please Delete

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great, Disney has NEVER been able to get a Mickey Monitor to me... (I blame the post office and systems that don't talk to each other, but I've tried to get it fixed AFTER I got the whole problem fixed with the USPS)
    But I wouldn't have used it before the end of July, so I'm not really missing out....

Cathy

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Drince - we never got our MM either... so it was not just you.
    And of course what stinks about this is that our AP just expired a few days before the end of April so it looks like we wont be eligible for the promo...

... which stinks even more since we were planning on buying new AP's for our next two trips.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

What number/department would you call if you did not get a MM?

Pre-DVC '98? & 7/07 off-site, 7/08 Contemporary DVC: 2/09, 6/09, 7/09, 9/09, 11/09, 3/10, 10/10, DREAM 11/11

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DVCmom View Post
    What number/department would you call if you did not get a MM?
    I got the TOTAL runaround when I tried to call. They kept trying to transfer me to the ticket purchase office. FINALLY someone (after multiple calls) said 'they have a different address database than is associated with your actual AP' so she said she'd forward my correct address to them.

I think I did actually get one sent to the wrong address, which is how I knew that it HAD been messed up.

Notes to the group: NEVER EVER submit a temporary change of address with the USPS without an end date - even if you don't know how long it will last. Do NOT listen to the USPS PR dept say that you should submit a temporary change of address when nobody is physically at your post office - they are ONLY processed at the local post office. Do NOT do a temporary change of address from a residence to a business - you can't 're-forward' JUST one person from a business to a residence. DO keep pressing your local post office to find the 'super secret database' that other businesses check their mailing lists against - it DOES exist and it takes (just about) an act of congress to get it fixed (and it was frustrating because my local PO people were getting the totaly run-around internally, too - so I couldn't 'get frustrated' at them because they were the only ones in my court AND were already just as frustrated as I was!)
    Cathy

I have 7 10% discount cards from the Mickey Monitor. It FINALLY came!!!! If anyone will be traveling to WDW and buying NEW passes on or before July 31, 2009 let me know and I will send the card to you. It will allow you to purchase up to six new APs or PAPs with the discount card.

10% AP coupon giveaway

I'm a current AP holder and they recently mailed "pass along" discount cards. Each one is good for 10% off the purchase of a new annual pass (basic or premium) for up to 6 tickets. They must be used by July 31, 2009 and the AP must be purchased at the WDW Theme park main entrance ticket windows only.

If you're interested, send me an email with your address to cmchm@optonline.net or send me a private message.

Running at full speed
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    ... which stinks even more since we were planning on buying new AP's for our next two trips.
    If you want one of my cards, let me know and I'll send it along!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I got the TOTAL runaround when I tried to call. They kept trying to transfer me to the ticket purchase office. FINALLY someone (after multiple calls) said 'they have a different address database than is associated with your actual AP' so she said she'd forward my correct address to them.
    And yet, she didn't.
    I just got an envelope from our Dallas office, that included my MM and the offer coupons.

I have NEVER given Mickey this address. NEVER EVER EVER. THEY got it from the USPS after Katrina, and it took an Act of Congress to get it fixed inside the USPS (I think it may actually have been an Act of Congress - ok, slight exaggeration there ) I have gotten multiple APs, with the correct address associated with them (do you THINK they would have given me a replacement pass after I lost mine if my ID didn't match?) since the debacle happened, and yet they still can't get it fixed (and the mail from them is so infrequent, that I don't know if it's fixed for a long long time)

Fortunately, this mailer had a return address on them - so I'm sending a copy of the outside of the envelope to them with the plea to PLEASE fix it.
    Cathy

Friend of Figment

Actually their mailings are messed up even more that can be believed.

I have used a PO Box in Celebration as my mailing address since I moved here six years ago. I also work for Disney and that is my official mialing address.

I am Treasurer of the World Chapter of the National Fantasy Fan CLub (NFFC) and co-chairman of the NFFC Annual Florida Convention. I deal with Disney (and other companies) in my NFFC position.

The NFFC has a separate PO Box, also in Celebration, for official local NFFC stuff. Sometimes Disney will send me stuff at that box.,

What is worse, however, is that the other convention co-chairman is also a NFFC National officer and has APs at both WDW and DLR. She gets a lot of AP-related materials at the NFFC mailbox, although she does not use that address for anything person. And last week a copy of the Mickey Monitor, addressed to her husband, had the NFFC PO Box address.

And recently I was doing something concerning Resort reservations and they asked me to confirm my address. I had made the reservations online and had to do a change so I had to do this by phone. Somehow, they had her home address as my mailing address.

The problem is all their computers talk to each other but they don't know what they are saying!

Disneyland Trips: 13 trips for 49 nights.
    But I live less than 20 miles from Walt Disney World! And work there part-time.

For more information about Disabled Access to Disney World and nearby areas, check this out. Or for tickets, check out my Everything About WDW Tickets post.

Blog Entries

I have 4 if anyone would like. PM me your address.

Kristin