Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chase Family Vacation - 15-29 June, 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

I am so glad to hear you had fun in spite of all that was going on in your world... Have to love those cast members, they can really make the Disney
    experience even more special.....

again my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Angie

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by angcould View Post
    I am so glad to hear you had fun in spite of all that was going on in your world... Have to love those cast members, they can really make the Disney experience even more special.....

again my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
    Thank you.

I did forget that on Tuesday evening, while I was waiting for the fireworks show, I saw a couple get engaged in front of the castle. Well, I kind of missed it until she said yes and everyone started clapping and she was crying. It was very touching.
    Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

We had someone get engaged on the Train at Main street while we were on it. It was pretty cool and then I had to explain it to my 8 year old.

I just finished reading your trip report and I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by dlfansx4 View Post
    I just finished reading your trip report and I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Thank you very much.
    Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

I feel for you on your trip. Back during News Years 2004-2005 I had left with my friend to go done for New Years in Disneyladn we had left on the 26. The day after christmas and my mom had gotten out of the hospital that morning on christmas day. She told me that she feeling ok and that she wanted me to go have a good time with my friend in disneyland. Well on her 52 birthday decmeber 29 she went back in the hospital and I was thinking it was the normal hospital thing because she had been going alot lately. New years eve came and a friend of my moms called me saying that she was not doing to good. So we drove from Disneyland back to reno nv in the middle of a huge snow storm that was quite a drive worrying about my mom the whole time. I got back 10 that night and decided to let her sleep and i would go see her New years morning. That was the last day she was able to speak, after that her lungs started to fail like your brothers and i serious had a tear in my eye when reading your story because it brought me back to that day. She finally passed on january 4 2005 and I was very happy that I got to talk to her in person one final time but I regret that trip to this day because it was my moms favorite place and I can never go there with her agiain. Since the years have passed i was a senior in high school when this happened and I now being in college i try to plan at least twice a year. The first time since my moms death I went for her birthday and the anniversary of her one year of passing. Always eating at the Blue Bayou for her brthday dinner. When i got my mothers ashes, I took a little bit a sprinkled it through peter pan here favorite ride but i knew she would have been happy everytime seeing families pass above and having a magical time. I bought a stone out front of the park for her and did a dedication with my best friend and it wa a very teary moment. I definitely feel your story and I will say a prayer for your brother each and everytime i go.. They are both in better places a know my mother on the days she is not watching over me i know she is having a great time watching over all the happy families at Disneyland. God bless you and your family!!!!

DisneyFreak86 - I will have to say thank you very much for saying that. And your story brought tears to my eyes. Part of me really regrets going to Disneyland when I did, because I didn't say goodbye to my brother when he went into the hospital and to top it off, I didn't go home before he passed. I know he is in a much better place though and is able to do what he wants, when he wants.

Here is the Obituary I wrote for him if anyone is interested:

Adam Lee Chase

On Monday, June 22, 2009, Adam Lee Chase gave up his hard fought battle with multiple sclerosis and chose to join his mother in Heaven, he was 40 years old. He was born on Aug. 20, 1968, in Warren, Pa. to Donald J. and Karen D. Chase. He was preceded in death by his mother and maternal grandparents, as well as an uncle.

After graduating from Judson, he served proudly in the United States Army as an Apache Attack Helicopter Crew Chief. He loved to spend time with his friends and family. He enjoyed rock and roll, and working on VW Bugs. He was a kind and caring man. He was a son, brother, uncle, grandson, nephew, and friend.

He is survived by his father, Donald; his sister, Shelley; his nieces Danielle and Brittany; his nephew, Joshua; paternal grandparents, Albert and Sarah Chase of Warren, Pennsylvania, as well as aunts, uncles and several cousins. Private services were held at Fort Sam National Cemetery on June 26, 2009, per his request.

For remembrances, please donate to the MS Society in Adams name. Rejoice in his memory, do not mourn, for he is now able to do all of the things that he loved to do and couldnt for so long.

Published July 4, 2009

Shelley

Anytime my name is Joe and do not worry about not being there I am sure would have rather you and your family enjoy disneyland. Here is my mothers obiturary

BARBI JEAN LOGRANDE SUDER 12/29/1952 - 01/04/2005 A celebration of life will take place at 10 a.m. on Jan. 7 at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Reno, Nev., for Barbie Suder, who died Jan. 4, 2005, following a long and courageous battle with cancer. Ms. Suder was born in San Francisco, Calif. She was self-employed as a wedding consultant and floral designer. In 1996 after her son, Joseph, reached school age, she moved to South Lake Tahoe. She was very active at St. Theresa School where her son, Joey, was enrolled. Barbie and Joey moved to Reno in 2001 so Joey could attend Bishop Manogue High School. She again devoted 110 percent to her son's school by participating in the various parent-teacher-student activities. Her hobbies included arts and crafts, floral design, and collecting and displaying Christmas memorabilia. Barbie will be remembered as a loving mother, a devoted Catholic and a compassionate person who was eager to help anyone in need of her assistance. She is survived by her son, Joey; mother, Barbara; sisters, Beverly, Michelle, Sherrie; and brothers, Phillip and Michael. R.I.P MOM I love you with all my heart and you will be missed forever

Joe, That is a very nice obituary. Thanks for all that you have wrote.

Shelley

Sweetie, he knew you loved him, that you were there with him in spirit and that now he is with you always. Take comfort in knowing he left a huge legacy in all the love he gave to everyone in his life.

Angie

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing not only your journey to Disneyland, but also the private journey of your family as your brother went to heaven.

May God bless each one of you, and may your memories give you comfort.

Christine

The mosted wasted of days, is the one without laughter-E E Cummings

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar

Shelley your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. You did a wonderful job on his obituary, it made me 'see' a wonderful person who loved his family and friends. Many hugs to all of you during this painful time.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Quote Originally Posted by angcould View Post
    Sweetie, he knew you loved him, that you were there with him in spirit and that now he is with you always. Take comfort in knowing he left a huge legacy in all the love he gave to everyone in his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursechrissy32 View Post
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing not only your journey to Disneyland, but also the private journey of your family as your brother went to heaven.

May God bless each one of you, and may your memories give you comfort.

Christine
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Shelley your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. You did a wonderful job on his obituary, it made me 'see' a wonderful person who loved his family and friends. Many hugs to all of you during this painful time.
    All I can say is thank you for all your kind words. I know he is in a better place and now he can do the things he couldn't for so long. I know that as long as I am alive, so is his spirit and the sense of who he was. Sometimes I still feel like he hasn't actually left me and that he is still hanging around just waiting for me. Maybe that is what he is doing in Heaven now.

I love my friends on MousePlanet, because no matter what I have been through, someone here has been through something similiar and is willing to share their thoughts and feelings along side of yours. Whether we laugh or cry together, it just gives me some where I am proud to be a part of. I love this community. Thank you all for being there for me.
    Shelley

Obsessive Disney Teen! DLANDLUVR's Avatar

Sorry

I am VERY sorry to hear about your loss! This story brought tears to my eyes even though im 13. i know how you feel. My Grandpa died when i was 7. And on my 10th birthday i was a given a book he had written for me before he died. I still look at the pictures of us together and get teary. I remember sitting playing Polly Pocket with him and how i would need help getting the clothes on the dolls sometimes. I miss him. alot. Again, im very sorry.
    xoxo
    maddy <3

It's fun to do the Impossible
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
    1313 S. Harbour Blvd completes me <3
    ....And really bad eggs....Drink up me hearties yo ho....!
    Halloween Party Oct. 28!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLANDLUVR View Post
    I am VERY sorry to hear about your loss! This story brought tears to my eyes even though im 13. i know how you feel. My Grandpa died when i was 7. And on my 10th birthday i was a given a book he had written for me before he died. I still look at the pictures of us together and get teary. I remember sitting playing Polly Pocket with him and how i would need help getting the clothes on the dolls sometimes. I miss him. alot. Again, im very sorry.
    xoxo
    maddy <3
    Maddy, Just because you are 13, your feelings are no less than mine being that I am 42. I am sorry for the loss of your grandpa (even though it was a while ago) but the best way to honor anyone that has passed away is to remember all the good times you had with that person. Talk to other people that remember your grandfather to keep his spirit alive in your heart.

Thank you for taking the time to write, I do appreciate what you said. Adam is in a much better place now. I will keep his memory alive in my heart as well.
    Shelley

Like others have posted, your brother new that you loved him very much. I do understand what you going through. My g-pa passed on 18 days before we were to leave. I live 2 hours away from him and I was unable to get to see him before he went. We all thought there was more time. I still feel guilty that the kids and I didn't see him before he passed.

My Mom has MS and I'm glad for every day that I have with her.

Take care......

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Like others have posted, your brother new that you loved him very much. I do understand what you going through. My g-pa passed on 18 days before we were to leave. I live 2 hours away from him and I was unable to get to see him before he went. We all thought there was more time. I still feel guilty that the kids and I didn't see him before he passed.

My Mom has MS and I'm glad for every day that I have with her.

Take care......
    Pookie, Thank you for saying that. That is good that you cherish every day with your mom. Just make sure you tell her that you love her. That is always a good thing for you both. And sometimes I think people pass when they do (because sometimes they choose to go when they want to) so that they aren't putting the pressure on other or the stress or something. I know what I mean, just can't get it out right.
    Shelley

I know exactly what you mean because it's something my Mom and I have talked about. She has already told me that at the end we need to let her go and she doesn't want to be a burden on us. She wants us to spread her ashes so we don't feel obligated to go visit her and take care of a grave. She has also given me permission to "pull the plug" on her when it comes to the end. She doesn't think my Dad, Sister, or Brother would have the strength to do it. It might sound morbid to talk about, but I'm glad we did so when the time fianally comes we would be doing what she wanted.

Pookie, you are so right. Morbid or not, it is a fact of life. Death is a fact, it is going to happen to everyone. It is better to decide what you want to do before someone else HAS to try to figure it out. I am of the mind set of, donate my organs, if you can use them do so - then cremate me. I don't need to take up space on the earth. Whatever you do with the ashes are up to you. My kids are saying they would spread them at Disneyland. They know I would love that, but I am like, do whatever makes you happy. I'm good with that.

Shelley

Sometimes people put ashes on the favorite ride of a lost one my mom wants some of her ashes on pirates and some on haunted mansion maybe even peter pan. But shes only 43 so we have a while to go....

Since Disneyland is one of my all time favorite places but I also have no desire to ruin any other guests experience by having someone break the law and scatter my ashes and risk the attractions being closed while they do a hasmat clean. Our plan is that my loved ones are just going to take a photo of me with them and go ride all my favorite rides one last time in my memory. I mean really I won't know where they scatter me and I love Disneyland too much to do anything illegal while we're there.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Quote Originally Posted by MammaSilva View Post
    Since Disneyland is one of my all time favorite places but I also have no desire to ruin any other guests experience by having someone break the law and scatter my ashes and risk the attractions being closed while they do a hasmat clean. Our plan is that my loved ones are just going to take a photo of me with them and go ride all my favorite rides one last time in my memory. I mean really I won't know where they scatter me and I love Disneyland too much to do anything illegal while we're there.
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll tell my kids to do the same thing... a picture on all my favorite rides, and that would be good for me.
    Shelley

i didnt mean taking ALL the ashes and just pouring it. i meant like a small amaount . i doubt they wil close down a ride because of a few ashes. besides..they must have dust!!

i didnt mean taking ALL the ashes and just pouring it. i meant like a small amaount . i doubt they wil close down a ride because of a few ashes. besides..they must have dust!!
    I understand the idea behind your plan but seriously, there are security cameras on every single attraction, there are security all over the park both in and out of uniform, do you really want your family to risk 1) getting caught and thrown out of the park and 2) do you really want the last memory they have of you is being the cause of a ride being closed down or being hassled by park security? I've heard every possible 'scenario' of how someone could scatter 'just a bit' of the ashes in the park...if everyone does that then ewww it turns our happy place into an unlicensed cemetery of sorts...just not willing to be that selfish, but everyone else's mileage may vary.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    It's kind of like being a little bit pregnant. Ashes are ashes. They're a hazardous material and it's illegal.

Yes, I realize that you're just 13 and I'm probably coming off as entirely too harsh but, in short: your assumption is wrong and you would be much better of with more appropriate information and what MammaSilva said was wise and probably nicer than I'm sounding.

It would probably be a better idea to reconsider this plan.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe