Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Small Random Trip Questions [Watching Wishes and when will Toy Story be less popular?

Lost in the Viridian Forest...

Small Random Trip Questions [Watching Wishes and when will Toy Story be less popular?

Okay, the trip is coming up, I'm getting myself all hyped up on trip planning, and a few questions popped into my mind.

Did anybody ever watch Wishes from the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station? Can you? And if you can, does it get crowded?

I know that the crowd levels are going to be high. I'm used to going in mid-July. Are the crowds alike? Or is there any other time of year the crowds can be compared to?

And finally, is there any hope that TSM will have less people at it? Or is it still just as crowded as ever?

Thanks in advance for any help!

~

Stephen Valente

Disney Again! Polynesian '09!
    hoping to go back soon...

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The problem with viewing fireworks from the Noodle Station is the overhang really limits your ability to see the overhead effects. You have to be fairly near the edge to see them.

I personally like the bridge between Tomorrowland and the hub - where on that bridge dependent on the crowds.

Don't hold your breath for Toy Story Midway Mania to be any less popular any time soon.

Cathy

I would say that Toy Story will be less popular when Hs opens another ride!

1996- Grand Floridian Resort (16th bday)
    2004/2008- Port Orleans Riverside
    2007/2009- Beach Club
    2009- Disneyland Hotel

Toy Story Mania is going to be popular for a long, long time. It's something fun that the whole family can do, much like Soarin'. It's different and new. I've never been mainly because I'm not standing in line for hours and I'm not willing to get up early just to get a FastPass for it. I don't anticipate getting on it for a few years.

Lost in the Viridian Forest...

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I figured there was no end in sight to the popularity of TSM. I guess its just gonna be more early morning and late nights to ride it. And I never thought about watching Wishes from the bridge Cathy, I think I'm going to try that once this time. Thanks again everybody!

Stephen Valente

Disney Again! Polynesian '09!
    hoping to go back soon...

What's fun about the bridge is that it's usually not that crowded. You can move around and find the best place, one where trees don't block but where you're close to a speaker. Great place to watch the show!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

If you are going to ride Toy Story Mania, head there first thing in the morning to get fast passes. If you can, hop in the regular line if it's not too long yet - then you'll get to go with the FP later! (You'll want to, believe me!) They ran out of FP's by 1:00 pm the day we were there (a couple months ago). Once you ride it, you'll understand just why it's so darn popular! AWESOME ride! Very fun for the whole family. I loved watching my in-laws in the next car over giggling and beaming like they were teenagers! It was great.

We watched the fireworks from the bridge between the castle and Tomorrowland - we got a side display, which was interesting, but not as fabulous as straight on. I imagine watching from the Noodle station might be a little better. (I have photos of the Christmas Wishes display from the bridge linked trip report - UsBurchs Holiday Adventure - go to the end).

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels

I like to watch wishes from Main Street* What we do now is.. we shop a little bit on the street about 1/2 b4 Wishes.. then about 15 mins b4 we pick a spot on the street to just stand.. (everyone basically stands) BUTTTTTTT we make sure to be at the END of Main street * You get a PERFECT view and you can REALLY hear the music anddd you're one of the firsts to go out of the park. Not to mention, I've seen Wishes from MANY spots and this is the BESTT view!

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

We have watched wishes many times from the Noodle station and always enjoy the show. BUT like Drince88 said you need to be at a table right at the edge or the over hang is in your way. To get a table you must be willing to scope it out early and defend it and the space (maybe 3 inches) between your chair and the railing because someone will always try to squeeze in there. I must admit that the times we watched wishes from here it was always more important to see Tinkerbell fly than to actually see the fireworks. DD#2 lived and breathed for Tinkerbell, many times she would be laying half on the table asleep until we said "here comes Tink", she would look up quick wave and off back to sleep.

Enjoy the show where ever you decide to watch.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

This is totally not feasible or affordable, but my favorite place to see Wishes is from the Wishes Cruise......wherever the heck they stop in Bay Lake.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!