Our ADR's are:
    Chefs de France
    Biergarten
    Rose and Crown
    Flying Fish
    Califonia Grill
    1900 Park Fare
    Yachstmen Steak
    I have never tried California Grill, Yachtsmen Steak, or Flying Fish!
    I am excited to try them.
    Also I haven't been to Biergarten or the Rose and Crown in over 10 years.

2. # ADS

Impressive set of ADRs tinkinparis! I LOVE California Grill and Flying Fish (or at least I did the last time I visited which was quite a long time agao)

Here's mine for my trip NEXT WEEK!

Cinderella’s Royal Table (Lunch)
    Hoop-De-Do Review
    Teppan Edo (Lunch)
    'Ohana
    50's Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
    Hollywood Brown Derby (with Fantasmic)
    Jiko
    Yak & Yeti (Lunch)
    California Grill

Looks like you're gonna be eating fine, Midas!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Looks like you're gonna be eating fine, Midas!
    Thanks Dan! Here's hoping. Of course, I think the rest of my group is much less interested in dining than I am so hopefully we make it to most of these restaurants!

I'm really looking forward to the Hoop-Dee-Do Review. I also really wanted to do the Backyard Barbeque but it's not being offered on any nights that would have worked for us. Oh well--next time!

We're going back at the end of September

Grand Floridian Cafe
    Yak and Yeti
    Tusker House
    Biergarten
    Cape May
    'Ohana
    Boma
    and...drumroll please....LeCellier for dinner

Last edited by Barberella; 05-08-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fix spelling of 'Ohana - now don't have to hide from DanYoung

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

OOOH. GOOOOOOOD choices!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Of course, I think the rest of my group is much less interested in dining than I am so hopefully we make it to most of these restaurants!
    Just make sure you make it to 'Ohana and the California Grill - two pretty unique and incredible dining spots!
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Impressive set of ADRs tinkinparis! I LOVE California Grill and Flying Fish (or at least I did the last time I visited which was quite a long time agao)

Here's mine for my trip NEXT WEEK!

Cinderellas Royal Table (Lunch)
    Hoop-De-Do Review
    Teppan Edo (Lunch)
    'Ohana
    50's Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
    Hollywood Brown Derby (with Fantasmic)
    Jiko
    Yak & Yeti (Lunch)
    California Grill
    THanks Midas!!
    I too wanted to try Ohana, Yak et HBD with the Fantasmic. It's funny because you seem to have booked all my other choices! I am very bummed to not be able to have gotten Ohana...you'll have to let me know how it was. Also, what exactly does the Fantasmic package give you? Is it just guraranteed entrance to the show? or a special area as well?

Well, you have a guaranteed area, but it's not really that special. It's all the way over to one side of the arena, basically the worst seats available. You'll still have a good view, but not as good as if you'd gotten there early and chosen a spot closer to the middle.

- James Taylor

Awright!

Going June 10 - 16. Can't believe it's almost here!!!!

Whispering Canyon - dinner
    Akershaus - breakfast
    Mickey's Backyard BBQ
    Chef Mickey's - breakfast
    1900 Park Fare - dinner (supposed to be villian dinner)
    Sci Fi - lunch
    Rose & Crown - dinner
    Ohana - breakfast (we had to cancel this 2 years ago in order in eat ate the castle. Rough, huh?)

Monikay

Quote Originally Posted by tinkinparis View Post
    THanks Midas!!
    I too wanted to try Ohana, Yak et HBD with the Fantasmic. It's funny because you seem to have booked all my other choices! I am very bummed to not be able to have gotten Ohana...you'll have to let me know how it was. Also, what exactly does the Fantasmic package give you? Is it just guraranteed entrance to the show? or a special area as well?
    You got a bunch that I would love to go to as well, such as Rose & Crown, Biergarten, Flying Fish and Yachtman's Steakhouse. Not that I'd trade any of those for 'Ohana. When I called for that ADR, it was basically the last one available! Just under the wire!

As far as Fantasmic, I know it's not the best seats, as Dan and others have said. But I just like the idea of not having to wait in a line for my seats. I belive we can walk right in rather than stand around outside. This works for me because we'll have our twin 4-year olds in tow and standing around just won't work, especially that late at night. Also, I always wanted to check out the HBD and this was the perfect excuse!

ADR's for second week of June:

BREAKFAST
    Chef Mickey's

LUNCHES
    Coral Reef (can't beat the atmosphere)
    Sci Fi

DINNERS
    California Grill
    Citrico's
    Narcossee's (new to us!)

We stuck to nice restaurants for dinners because of food allergies in our group. Coral Reef is an old favorite, and actually decent. I know the food at Sci Fi isn't top notch but we're going for the atmosphere.

Disney Trips!
    '94, '97, '00, '02, '03, '04, '07, '08, '09, '10

Well this is it.. I know that I previously posted that this was it and that nothing more would change. Unfortunately as I sit out on my patio each and every night thinking about the trip which is set to begin next Friday for eleven days, I keep second guessing myself on the choices made even though we've enjoyed most TS establishments at WDW over the years. With that in mind, here is my last addition to this thread as I swear not to make any additional changes to the ADR's so help me God!

Day 1 - Raglan Road (D)
    Day 2 - Sci-Fi (L) / Rose and Crown (D)
    Day 3 - Crystal Palace (D)
    Day 4 - Boma (B) / Shula's (D)
    Day 5 - LeCellier (D)
    Day 6 - Raglan Road (D)
    Day 7 - Liberty Tree (D)
    Day 8 - Biergarten (D)
    Day 9 - Benihana (D)
    Day 10 - 50's Prime Time (L) / Crystal Palace (D)
    Day 11 - California Grill (D)

AMEN!!

Amen, indeed! That is an awesome list!

Finally think I have mine squared away for our trip Sept. 27th - Oct. 3rd.

Garden Grill (6 year-old DD's request - she loves Chip & Dale)
    Crystal Palace (right before MNSSHP)
    Hollywood & Dine (for the 2 year-old DD to see her Playhouse Disney friends)
    Akershus (duh, we have 2 princesses of our own)
    Le Cellier
    Kona Cafe

Honestly, we have been to most of these before and would have loved to try something new but I was trying to be diplomatic and let everyone have a say. We can't wait!!

Oh this thread makes me SO hungry!

I'm gonna go out on a limb, read between the lines, and say that i THINK it's a sitdown. It's run by the Patina Group, same people that currently run Tutto Italia. Plus, you don't usually hear of a counter service place advertising how many seats they have in their dining room. Everything about this seems to indicate that it's upscale, which would indicate table service. We'll see, but my money's on a sitdown, full service restaurant.
    I thought that both new places (Mexico and Italy) were going to be CS at lunch and TS for dinner.
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time; and for a brief moment we have been among its many passengers.

We only have one ADR for our trip this month, 'Ohana's to celebrate my b-day and my parents anniversary.

Today is our ADR day, woohoo 180 til a trip for 2!

Food & Wine for 2 days, then:
    Le Cellier
    Cali Grill
    Boma

All are firsts for us, this is also our first time to not enjoy a character meal. Not sure if I'm going to miss it or not.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

Michelle, I wouldn't miss it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MousePal View Post
    Day 1 - Raglan Road (D)
    Day 2 - Sci-Fi (L) / Rose and Crown (D)
    Day 3 - Crystal Palace (D)
    Day 4 - Boma (B) / Shula's (D)
    Day 5 - LeCellier (D)
    Day 6 - Raglan Road (D)
    Day 7 - Liberty Tree (D)
    Day 8 - Biergarten (D)
    Day 9 - Benihana (D)
    Day 10 - 50's Prime Time (L) / Crystal Palace (D)
    Day 11 - California Grill (D)

AMEN!!
    Wow MousePal this looks great...
    This August will be my first California Grill. Have you eaten there before?

I also had to change Flying Fish to Kona Cafe. Does anyone have any must eats there for dinner?

Actually no we haven't so we are pretty excited to give it a go. Each and every time we stayed at the Contemporary we always ate at the old steakhouse which I miss dearly. It is now the Wave which we haven't yet either. I have made several ressies over the years at the Grill but always cancelled for some reason or another. Looking at the present menu, I think Snake in the Grass with the Striped Bass and a nice bottle of vino will do the job for me. Keep your eyes open on the Trip Report thread as DW will be updating daily.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkinparis View Post
    This August will be my first California Grill. Have you eaten there before?
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I never miss a chance to extoll the virtues of my favorite restaurant on the planet. If you like sushi, try one of the incredible sushi appetizers by one of the greatest sushi artists in the world. Then my entree of choice has always been the marinated beef filet. It cuts with a fork, melts in your mouth, and is quite simply the finest cut of beef I've ever enjoyed. Add in a few glasses of wine from their incredibly huge wine cellar, and then top it off with a delicate dessert of some berries and ice cream. And when you add in stellar service and a view overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom (ask for a window seat!), you have a dining experience that just can't be had anywhere else.

I like to get there at one of two times - either right before sundown, so you can see the sun setting out over the Florida flatlands, or a couple hours before fireworks in the MK, so you can go outside and watch from an incredible vantage point, and enjoy the music from the show piped into your own balcony speakers. And if fireworks happen to come during your meal, don't worry - your waiter will keep everything fresh and warm for you while you go outside and enjoy the show.

My next meal there will be in October of this year - can't wait!!!
    - James Taylor

So, the opportunity has presented itself for us to cancel our CSR reservation and accept a gift from my parents of using their RCI timeshare to exchange their week for Saratoga Springs. We had to move our trip one week earlier than we had previously planned to go. So, that messed up my ADR's!! But, we are getting the room at SS for $333.00 and the regular price of that room would be $3,150.00. We could not pass it up. So, I have re-booked my ADR's and have gotten: Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe, Akershus, Hollywood & Vine, and Garden Grill. We had already planned on all of these for the original trip. Unfortunately, we had booked Le Cellier and now I can not get it for the new trip. So, I have 2 days available to book something and am struggling to decide what. I am thinking we'll book Yak & Yeti and San Angel Inn. We have never done either of them, but I am thinking they would fun and different. I have heard all of the talk about San Angel Inn, but I am thinking we should go for the atmosphere???

The San Angel Inn does have a pretty spectacular atmosphere. And the food isn't exactly bad - it's just not up to what you'd think a nice Mexican restaurant would serve.

Another suggestion for a last minute rez - Le Bistro de Paris, the 2nd floor restaurant in Epcot's France. Excellent food and terrific waiters. It's a little more formal of an atmosphere, but not so much that the average park tourist is made to feel uncomfortable. It's one of my favorites, but for some reason it rarely books up full.

I've had similar situations where work has caused me to change my plans by a week or so, thus totally screwing up my hard-won ADR's. You can still usually find enough quality places to eat, but you have to give up those tough gets like Le Cellier and the California Grill. But there's always next time!

- James Taylor

Here is my list:

Day One: Sci-Fi Dine In (dinner)
    Day Two: Akershus (breakfast) Le Cellier (dinner)
    Day Three: Boma (dinner)
    Day Four: 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
    Day Five: 'Ohana (breakfast) departure day...

I've had similar situations where work has caused me to change my plans by a week or so, thus totally screwing up my hard-won ADR's. You can still usually find enough quality places to eat, but you have to give up those tough gets like Le Cellier and the California Grill. But there's always next time!
    Thanks for the pep talk Dan!! I will definitely check our the menu for Le Bistro!! I had also thought about trying to get Tutto Italia, but my husband said that he thinks he would prefer San Angel. I was surprised!!